User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: If Jesus had His ministry now in modern times, what would the mainstre

Thanks
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    Read the passage in context.

Jesus then tells His Disciples that two swords would be enough.

The context pertains to fulfilling Isaiah 53. Jesus was not telling His Disciples to buy swords to fight their enemies.
    For enemies of the Gospel we use the Sword of the Spirit. For theives and robbers we use guns.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bybee View Post
    Jesus said "Love the Lord thy God...and love thy neighbor.... On these two commandments hang all of the Law and the Prophets."
    He established a community via His chosen Disciples and issued "The Great Commandment" to them so that when people gathered to worship they would be instructed in "The Way" of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and Him crucified and buried and risen on the third day for us.
    I believe we need instruction. witness and nuture to help us stay on our path.
    I agree wholeheartedly!
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 18,755 Times in 11,887 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeset View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by mainstream Church. In my opinion Jesus has no need of creed, doctrine, Bible nor any other of the trappings of a church. So I suspect the mainstream Church will be horrified when He returns.
    Why then did Christ say " it is written" 63 times in the gospels while pointing to Old Testament prophecies in order to establish His Authority of being who was written about in them?

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,899 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We'd have a hard time, as He'd only speak to the House of Israel and the rest of us would hear from disciples atf ...

We still wouldn't find His body...
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of them would crucify him all over again. He would also rebuke many of them just as he did the Pharisees, etc in his day.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    As well as everyone else especially. Not liking what he had to say is part of why you walked away isnt it?
    No, not really. The Jesus of the gospels wasn't the issue then, and still isn't.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will come insha'allah.
    to fill earth with justice after it was repleted with evilness.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    No, not really. The Jesus of the gospels wasn't the issue then, and still isn't.
    Then you believe in Jesus?

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you believe in Jesus?
    No, that's not what I said.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, that's not what I said.
    Then you dont believe in Jesus? You know a yes or no answer would be a little easier....

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you dont believe in Jesus? You know a yes or no answer would be a little easier....
    Honestly, Angel, what the heck kind of question is this? No, I don't believe in Jesus. You're smart enough for me not to have spell this out for you. Don't sidetrack the thread.
    --George Monbiot

--Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Thanked 13,399 Times in 10,258 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    toldailytopic: If Jesus had His ministry now in modern times, what would the mainstream Church think of His approach?
    There would be no church.

Am I taking things too literally?

They'd call him a hypocrite for judging after telling us not to, because they wouldn't have been paying attention to what He actually said. Then they'd judge him for not forgiving the unrepentant. And also for hanging out with sinners who have repented.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 24th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If Jesus had His ministry now in modern times, what would the mainstream Church think of His approach?
    That's easy. They would string him up and crucify him, just as the mainstream church did before.
    Keep the Spirit alive;
    Eric the Green

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honestly, Angel, what the heck kind of question is this? No, I don't believe in Jesus. You're smart enough for me not to have spell this out for you. Don't sidetrack the thread.
    You said Jesus wasnt the problem and admit you believe in the supernatural, both strange and amazing things to me. So yes, sometimes you might need to spell that out for me.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    It's amusing that atheists seem to always have an opinion about the God that doesn't exist.
    The question was about Jesus. Not all atheists say Jesus didn't exist.
    Keep the Spirit alive;
    Eric the Green

Thread Information