User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: toldailytopic: Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws s

  1. #1
    ...then I woke up. Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    26,925
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,101 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1099925

    toldailytopic: Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws s

    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 19th, 2013 05:00 AM


    toldailytopic: Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws such as parental notification and partial birth abortion bans?






    Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  2. #2
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,156
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 1,252 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873247
    yes if only to remind others that we can do something about abortion
    and
    voting republican is not the only thing you can do about it
    but
    it must be the first thing that you do about it
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  3. #3
    Over 5000 post club Letsargue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    5,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts

    Blog Entries
    103
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42730
    How can it be the Christian’s PLACE to make LAWS, or support Laws??? – That’s not what Christ said to His Decuples!! – It’s none of the Christian’s business what the World does; - we try to take the fools out of that foolish world, but they don’t want to go Today!! --- ( Satan says to his decuples, to Rule the world for him, and it’s YOURS )!!! -- YOU Have it Now!!! --- YOU ALL Know that!!!!

    Paul – 041913
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

  4. #4
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,156
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 1,252 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873247
    don't worry paul
    we will take care of it
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  5. #5
    SHAZAM! Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,794
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked 13,509 Times in 10,306 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147889
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    toldailytopic: Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws such as parental notification and partial birth abortion bans?
    Seeing as how not a single one of those laws guarantees saving a single child it is not wise to fight for such laws.

    Why would one fight for a law that stated you could murder someone with a Smith & Wesson, but not a Walther? That wouldn't save a single victim.

    And in the case of abortion many of these laws increase abortion; because when people who might want to do something hear they can't do it one way but they can do it another it raises the desire and they become in more of a hurry to get it done.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    yes if only to remind others that we can do something about abortion
    and
    voting republican is not the only thing you can do about it
    but
    it must be the first thing that you do about it
    I no longer believe you're stupid; I'm now working from the assumption you are completely wicked, pro-abortion and anti-Christ.


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  7. #6
    Titan of the Wasatch Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    13,545
    Thanks
    2,782
    Thanked 12,963 Times in 8,837 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147727
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 19th, 2013 05:00 AM


    toldailytopic: Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws such as parental notification and partial birth abortion bans?
    There is something so wrong about this. It's letting the camel get his nose in the tent. It's dealing with the devil. There should not have been any abortion the first place. Is a pro-life never strategy. Regulating murder doesn't prevent murder. They just come up with more creative ways of murdering 'with in the law'. Let's just ban all aboortion out right and be done with it. Personhood America has the right idea. Guys like Focus on the Family's Daley have it all wrong. Deal with the devil and the devil wins every time.

  8. #7
    SHAZAM! Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,794
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked 13,509 Times in 10,306 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147889
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    There is something so wrong about this. It's letting the camel get his nose in the tent. It's dealing with the devil. There should not have been any abortion the first place. Is a pro-life never strategy. Regulating murder doesn't prevent murder. They just come up with more creative ways of murdering 'with in the law'. Let's just ban all aboortion out right and be done with it. Personhood America has the right idea. Guys like Focus on the Family's Daley have it all wrong. Deal with the devil and the devil wins every time.
    It seems people have forgotten what happened when we tried appeasing Hitler.

    Give them an inch, they want a mile...


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  10. #8
    Over 5000 post club Letsargue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    5,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts

    Blog Entries
    103
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42730
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    don't worry paul
    we will take care of it

    YES!!!! – You sure have started saving the world with your foolish ( VOTE ). – I’ll just let God do His “WILL” in spite of your lack of Faith, and Knowledge of Christ.

    The ((( WISDOM IS ))); -- “Preach the Word”!! -- The “WORD” is the Power, not your fighting vote of the hatred of Satan!!! – That’s falling right into the HANDS of the devil, and out of GOD’S HAND Jesus Christ!!!! – Happy are ye!!!!!!!!!!!

    Paul – 041913
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

  11. #9
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,156
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 1,252 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873247
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
    YES!!!! – You sure have started saving the world with your foolish ( VOTE ). – I’ll just let God do His “WILL” in spite of your lack of Faith, and Knowledge of Christ.
    the real test here
    is
    what you do with your free will
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  12. #10
    Titan of the Wasatch Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    13,545
    Thanks
    2,782
    Thanked 12,963 Times in 8,837 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147727
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    It seems people have forgotten what happened when we tried appeasing Hitler.

    Give them an inch, they want a mile...
    Exactly. Deal with the enemy on an immoral issue like this and you will lose every time. Lets look at it this way--compromise with abortionists can be likened to secret ingredient--cow manure. We are baking sweet cookies and I add a little bit of cow manure to the mix. Are you going to want to eat those cookies? Of course not. That is exactly was compromise with abortionists is doing--poisoning the efforts to end abortion.

  13. #11
    Over 5000 post club Letsargue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    5,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts

    Blog Entries
    103
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42730
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    the real test here
    is
    what you do with your free will

    You have NO FREE "WILL"!!! -- The "WILL" is Gods, and He only gave you the choice of Life. - Satan gave you DEATH!!!! - Remember, - Death reigns again!!!!

    Paul -- 041913
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

  14. #12
    Over 5000 post club Letsargue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    5,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts

    Blog Entries
    103
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42730
    Pro-Life (( IS Pro-Christ the Life )) - There is NO OTHER Life!!! - All other is to be Antichrist!!! --- Ye are happy though!!!

    Paul -- 041913
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

  15. #13
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    21,156
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 1,252 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    873247
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
    You have NO FREE "WILL"!!! -- The "WILL" is Gods, and He only gave you the choice of Life. - Satan gave you DEATH!!!! - Remember, - Death reigns again!!!!

    Paul -- 041913
    many will not understand what you say
    because
    you do not understand the meaning of the words you are using
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  16. #14
    Over 5000 post club Letsargue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    5,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts

    Blog Entries
    103
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    42730
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    many will not understand what you say
    because
    you do not understand the meaning of the words you are using

    HEY!!!!! --- That’s Cool!!! – Ye are Happy; Satan is happy, ---- and I don’t CARE!!!! – It’s your world not mine!!!

    Paul – 041913
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

  17. #15
    Over 6000 post club PureX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NWPA
    Posts
    6,363
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 830 Times in 571 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    616359
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    toldailytopic: Is it wise for pro-life groups to fight for abortion regulation laws such as parental notification and partial birth abortion bans?
    I think the problem is that because of the blinding indignation that's so often generated by the anti-abortion cause and rational, people become unable or unwilling to consider the tangential issues on their own merits. So that they end up holding to sometimes wildly irrational positions simply because they are remotely related to the general subject of female reproduction. And then the politicians, who are governed by forces that have nothing whatever to do with common sense, fairness, human rights, or morality, end up passing legislation that is sometimes bizarre, often ridiculous, and usually counter-productive.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us