User Tag List

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 233031323334 LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 503

Thread: TOL Snapshot: Inside the Numbers

  1. #481
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,730
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 12,407 Times in 8,832 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147848
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  2. #482
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,730
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 12,407 Times in 8,832 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147848
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    We?
    Yeah. There's more than just me who has no idea what you're talking about half the time.

    That's just another declaration that shouldn't mean much to me and doesn't.


    Good one. I'll use that next time instead.

    If you don't understand.
    I asked you to clarify the point you were addressing. I did not concede ignorance.

    It's time for you to start respecting what other people say.

    You must only be reading your posts, which would explain a great deal.

    Then either you don't understand my argument or you have no real objection to it.
    What argument?

    That our newest mod has brought about a jump in infractions? Has someone disagreed with you, saying he hasn't?

    Have you read what it is that has been challenged about your post?

    Have you considered for a second that perhaps your take on things is not the consensus view?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 15th, 2019)

  4. #483
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,730
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 12,407 Times in 8,832 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147848
    Town rebukes himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I don't have to consider yours, only present what I believe puts them in an inferior context, which I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    That's just another declaration that shouldn't mean much to me and doesn't.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  5. #484
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,834
    Thanks
    3,849
    Thanked 8,317 Times in 4,835 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147837
    Like I said before Stripe decided to turn my thread into an illustration of memory lapses, there were a lot of voices grumbling about an unusual number of infractions being handed out, so I looked into it. The data I want most people to have a look at follows:


    Jan. - Mar. 2018

    January - 60 posts were reported and 15 Mod actions were taken. That's 25% of the reports acted upon.
    February - 75 posts were reported and 21 Mod actions were taken. That's 28% of the reports acted upon.
    March - 49 posts were reported and 13 Mod actions were taken. That's 27% of the reports acted upon.


    Now let's compare it to the same period this year.

    January - 133 posts were reported and 18 Mod actions were taken. That's 13.5% of the reports acted upon.
    February - 75 posts were reported and 16 Mod actions were taken. That's 21% of the reports acted upon.
    March - 59 posts were reported and 38 Mod actions were taken. That's 64% of the reports acted upon.

    And that's how it has gone so far, despite a decline in posts and participation. Mostly it's on account of a new mod who seems to favor a much heavier hand than we had here before. What the impact of that will be remains to be seen, as does whether or not the new guy will continue with the habit (which began in March).

    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 16th, 2019),glorydaz (April 16th, 2019),Rusha (April 16th, 2019)

  7. #485
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,730
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 12,407 Times in 8,832 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147848
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  8. #486
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    20,834
    Thanks
    3,849
    Thanked 8,317 Times in 4,835 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147837
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Guy. This is my thread. Refrain from doing this in the future.

    For anyone else, look two posts back for the point of my recently revisiting it.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 16th, 2019),Rusha (April 16th, 2019)

  10. #487
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,730
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 12,407 Times in 8,832 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147848
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Refrain from doing this in the future.
    Discussing your ideas?

    Suit yourself.

    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  11. #488
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    16,003
    Thanks
    9,925
    Thanked 7,769 Times in 5,219 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Discussing your ideas?

    Suit yourself.

    You weren't. You just posted an ironic smiley without responding to anything TH had said. You were addressed on every particular before that.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 16th, 2019),Town Heretic (April 16th, 2019)

  13. #489
    Titan of the Wasatch Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    13,499
    Thanks
    2,660
    Thanked 12,887 Times in 8,791 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147352
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    ​This is a post that adds nothing to the thread. I am being nice by just kicking you from the thread.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 16th, 2019),JudgeRightly (April 16th, 2019),Rusha (April 16th, 2019),Town Heretic (April 16th, 2019)

  15. #490
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,730
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 12,407 Times in 8,832 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147848
    I was being nice just posting spam.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  16. #491
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Like I said before Stripe decided to turn my thread into an illustration of memory lapses, there were a lot of voices grumbling about an unusual number of infractions being handed out, so I looked into it. The data I want most people to have a look at follows:


    Jan. - Mar. 2018

    January - 60 posts were reported and 15 Mod actions were taken. That's 25% of the reports acted upon.
    February - 75 posts were reported and 21 Mod actions were taken. That's 28% of the reports acted upon.
    March - 49 posts were reported and 13 Mod actions were taken. That's 27% of the reports acted upon.


    Now let's compare it to the same period this year.

    January - 133 posts were reported and 18 Mod actions were taken. That's 13.5% of the reports acted upon.
    February - 75 posts were reported and 16 Mod actions were taken. That's 21% of the reports acted upon.
    March - 59 posts were reported and 38 Mod actions were taken. That's 64% of the reports acted upon.

    And that's how it has gone so far, despite a decline in posts and participation. Mostly it's on account of a new mod who seems to favor a much heavier hand than we had here before. What the impact of that will be remains to be seen, as does whether or not the new guy will continue with the habit (which began in March).

    I'm wondering if you've kept track of the mod actions when no post was reported. Those that were just done on mod initiative alone. There's probably no way to keep track of all warnings or threats.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 16th, 2019),Town Heretic (April 17th, 2019)

  18. #492
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I was being nice just posting spam.
    And it was an emoticon, right?

    So confusing. Nice, but confusing.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 16th, 2019)

  20. #493
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    16,003
    Thanks
    9,925
    Thanked 7,769 Times in 5,219 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I'm wondering if you've kept track of the mod actions when no post was reported. Those that were just done on mod initiative alone. There's probably no way to keep track of all warnings or threats.
    It would also be interesting to see just how many times posters are removed from discussions on here as those stats aren't available as I understand...

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    glorydaz (April 17th, 2019),Town Heretic (April 17th, 2019)

  22. #494
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    It would also be interesting to see just how many times posters are removed from discussions on here as those stats aren't available as I understand...
    Yep, just a mad mod and a wave will do it.
    All under the radar.

    Oh, and don't dis the doser.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 17th, 2019)

  24. #495
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    16,003
    Thanks
    9,925
    Thanked 7,769 Times in 5,219 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Yep, just a mad mod and a wave will do it.
    All under the radar.

    Oh, and don't dis the doser.
    I "dis" nobody. I'm above such things...in fact I hardly "nodis" trolls anymore...



    (Ahem)


  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    glorydaz (April 17th, 2019),Town Heretic (April 17th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us