How did you find out about TOL? ('07 poll)

How did you find out about TOL? ('07 poll)

• A friend

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Search Engine

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • BEL

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Church or some type of ministry

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
BEL TV show--->Bob Enyart Presents TV show (Denver only)--->bought and read "The Plot"--->Shadowgov.com (Clinton rape protest)--->KGOV.com--->TOL!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Newman said:
Phantom told me about it. Both he and I go to the same school, he lives directly below my room (I'm on the 3rd floor and he's on the 2nd). I met his roommate before I met him, though.

It was kind of funny, because Phantom wouldn't go out with us to go eat or do something fun sometimes, because he was posting on TOL. I figured that if he liked it so much, then I should try it.

Now I'm the one skipping social opportunities because of TOL.
That's something I am especially proud of.....

TOL.... creating social misfits since 1997. :D

Nomad

Internet search for a good theology site...found this was about the only good one out there...then didn't register because I felt it was too active and that I wouldn't be able to keep up. Guess I got over that

Shalom

GuySmiley said:
I heard about TOL from Vaquero45 who kept bugging me about some Denver pastor named Enyart. I got on TOL the first time to read the BR VII. Then I registered and thought I'd never really post here so I picked the first username that popped into my head (because of all the smilies). Then I got sucked in. :) I would have given more thought to a username if I only knew what was in store for me.

Ditto.

Newman

Knight said:
That's something I am especially proud of.....

TOL.... creating social misfits since 1997. :D
No problem. Phantom and I have turned TOL into a verb:

Phantom: "Hey Jonathan, what are you doing tomorrow?"

Newman: "Oh, this and that, but I'll probably be TOLin' for most of the evening."

Phantom: "Yeah, me too."

Newman: "So, do you have a girlfriend?"

Phantom: "No, do you?"

Newman: "Nah. I used to, but she broke up with me because I spend all of my time TOLin'. I guess I am too busy TOLin' to make time for a girlfriend."

Phantom: "I know what you mean, man, I know what you mean."

cfisher

my favorite hobby is Tackling Onerous Laplanders which coincidently abbreviates to TOL. A quick google search and an awkward first post later… here I am.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: If memory, memory? Umm, lets see . . . :doh: Wow this is a tuffy, Tuffy, I had a dog named Tuffy . . . Oh right, how did I find out about TOL, sorry about that, it was through another www forum, BWR :nascar:

:checker: One of the regular BWR posters directed me to TOL :Nineveh:

Nomad

Newman said:
No problem. Phantom and I have turned TOL into a verb:

Phantom: "Hey Jonathan, what are you doing tomorrow?"

Newman: "Oh, this and that, but I'll probably be TOLin' for most of the evening."

Phantom: "Yeah, me too."

Newman: "So, do you have a girlfriend?"

Phantom: "No, do you?"

Newman: "Nah. I used to, but she broke up with me because I spend all of my time TOLin'. I guess I am too busy TOLin' to make time for a girlfriend."

Phantom: "I know what you mean, man, I know what you mean."

...I have never missed social opportunities for a forum...especially not ones with attractive females. I don't know what you twos problems must be, but I'm glad TOL can give you an excuse! :thumb:

edit: :doh: I seemed to have presumed that Newmans girlfriend was attractive!

:chuckle:

ShadowMaid

I heard about TOL from various places. Dad found Mr. Enyart's tv show when he used to live in Indiana, and I guess has kept up with him since. Then kgov directed him to TOL, and after a few years, my sister got onto TOL (nameless), and then I got onto TOL, and ended up being the more avid poster of the two of us. :D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ShadowMaid said:
I heard about TOL from various places. Dad found Mr. Enyart's tv show when he used to live in Indiana, and I guess has kept up with him since. Then kgov directed him to TOL, and after a few years, my sister got onto TOL (nameless), and then I got onto TOL, and ended up being the more avid poster of the two of us. :D

You have been such a sweet, wonderful long time member. I mean really, what would TOL be without ShadowMaid?

mercyschild

Poly said:
How did you find out about TOL. Please tell us in here as well as vote.

And please vote in this thread even if you've responded to a similar thread before. :)

I was looking for links to theology sites for some of my courses, and I stumbled upon this one...so I decided to check it out...