User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76

Thread: HOW ARE WE SAVED TODAY ?

  1. #16
    Journeyman StanJ53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    In Acts 2 , how were Jews saved ? As all Jews had a Covenant relationship with God and were not Alienated from God.
    Not so. Rom 3:23 (NIV)


    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Many believe in infant Baptism as the road to salvation !!
    and they would be wrong. Mark 16:16 (NIV)



    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Many are counting on a Catechism and Confirmation , along with Wafers and Wine !!

    It can be and is conceded by most on TOL, that the RCC does NOT save.


    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Many say that they spoken in Tongues , so they are saved , Like my mother did , but Admitted to me that speaking in tongues is of the Flesh !!

    The Bible definitely does NOT show that speaking in tongues bring salvation. In fact it clearly shows speaking in tongues FOLLOWS salvation, and requires the baptism/infilling of the Holy Spirit.


    [quote=DAN P;3400692]
    Many are counting on their , being Water Baptism , like those Acts 2 , believers and very Foolish !![/quote


    This comes POST salvation and is NOT required to be saved.



    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    So , what happens when people hear the Gospel of the Grace of God ??
    Rom 10:9 , reads , " That IF you should Confess with you mouth ( the ) Lord Jesus , and should believe in your HEART , that God raised Him from ( the ) dead , you will be saved !!
    How simple is that , as it is not Water , Wafers and Wine , or Tongues , but BELIEF in your Heart >


    Very simple, accept the truth of Jesus and believe it and BE saved.



    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Notice how important the HEART is !!
    Rom 1:21 , the Heart can be Darkened !!
    Rom 2:5 , the Heart can be Hardened and Impenitent !!
    Rom 9:2 , it can become Sorrowful !!
    1 Cor 14:25 , the Heart has many Secrets and who can know it !!

    Yes, and the heart can love and do good things. Matthew 7:11
    The heart can know of the reality of God. Rom 1:21 (NIV)
    The heart can also be foolish and lack understanding of God. Psalm 14:1 (NIV)




    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    I submit to all that the Heart has to be Opened as they hear the Gospel of Grace to be Saved !!
    The first example of this is found in Acts 16:14 , it says that " WHOM the Lord had OPENED the HEART , to the give ATTENTION to the things being SPOKEN by PAUL and not Peter !!
    Yes but also notice it said... "Lydia...a worshipper of God." God made real to her the reality of the Good News of Jesus Christ, who Paul was teaching about. She wasn't a Jew, so obviously not only Jews believed in God.


    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Then Eph 2:8 kicks in as God GIVES the GIFT of FAITH as Grace in verse 8 , is in the PASSIVE VOICE ( IT IS ) the GIFT of God !!

    Now this can be taken as breakdown of the salvation process that is a single process, or it can be looked at at two necessary parts to one achievement, salvation. I tend to look at it as one process, inextricably bound to both grace and faith. In either view, belief is required in order to be saved, and that comes from OUR heart and OUR will.


    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    In Rom 10:10 , it reads " For with the HEART he believes to Righteousness and with ( the ) mouth he CONFESSES to SALVATION !!
    Both , " man believeth and Confession is made " is in the Present Tense , Passive Voice , an Indicative Mood of FACT !!

    and are you advocating that mute people can NOT be saved then?



    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    The Present Tense , speaks to Continuous Results when Confession is Made and so then means OSAS !!


    How exactly did you get here? This confession is a one time event. Rom 10:10 (NIV)
    It is NOT a continuous event. 1 John 1:9 (NIV) shows what we do post salvation. Confessing or agreeing who Jesus is, in order to be saved, as in Romans 10, is one thing and confessing/agreeing what is sin in our life after that, is our daily way of life. Notice what 1 John 1:10 (NIV) says and as well what other scriptures say about residing in the vine as in Rom 11:20-21 (NIV)
    This clearly shows that OSAS is NOT a fact of salvation. Heb 6:4-6 (NIV) is another that OSAS is not a reality.


    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    I guess that means that Water Baptism , Tongues , Confessional with Priests and WORKS have no place in the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

    I deduce you are wrong given how I exegete scripture. Grace is for a certain purpose identified in scripture. It doesn't give free reign to ignore everything else God wants to and does do in our lives.

    I'm afraid you have to make a better effort at presenting your Calvinist views if you really want people to accept and believe they are Biblically correct.


    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
    Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
    For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

  2. #17
    TOL Legend Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    17,149
    Thanks
    26,802
    Thanked 18,458 Times in 11,626 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147727
    Theology Club: HOW ARE WE SAVED TODAY ?

    Romans 10:9-10

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 21st, 2016)

  4. #18
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,247 Times in 10,132 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147867
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Theology Club: HOW ARE WE SAVED TODAY ?

    Romans 10:9-10


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 21st, 2016)

  6. #19
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,421
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 692 Times in 509 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    222075
    Quote Originally Posted by StanJ53 View Post
    Not so. Rom 3:23 (NIV)


    want people to accept and believe they are Biblically correct.

    Hi , and in Eph 2:12 , we see that Gentiles were strangers from the Covenants of Promise .

    Gentiles had no Covenant with God at all , as it it all by Grace !!

    dan p

  7. #20
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,421
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 692 Times in 509 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    222075
    [QUOTE=StanJ53;



    The Bible definitely does NOT show that speaking in tongues bring salvation. In fact it clearly shows speaking in tongues FOLLOWS salvation, and requires the baptism/infilling of the Holy Spirit.

    /QUOTE]


    Hi , and in 1 Cor 13:8 and 11 , Tongues are CHILDISH things , so much for Tongues , as Tongues were for Israel !!

    dan p

  8. #21
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,421
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 692 Times in 509 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    222075
    [QUOTE=StanJ53;3402900
    This comes POST salvation and is NOT required to be saved.






    [/QUOTE]


    Hi , and just where does it ay that Baptism comes POST salvation

    Where does Paul say that ??

    dan p

  9. #22
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,421
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 692 Times in 509 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    222075
    Quote Originally Posted by StanJ53 View Post


    and are you advocating that mute people can NOT be saved then?


    .

    Hi , and I never said that , you did !!

    Are you accusing God of being Un-just ??

    In Rom 10:8 , But what does it say ? The Word is near you , in your mouth and in your heart , that is , the word of faith which we preach .

    And , by the way , I am not a Calvinist !!

    dan p

  10. #23
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,421
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 692 Times in 509 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    222075
    [QUOTE=StanJ53;This clearly shows that OSAS is NOT a fact of salvation. Heb 6:4-6 (NIV) is another that OSAS is not a reality.




    /QUOTE]

    Hi , and it is obvious , that you do not know what the Perfect Tense means in Eph 2:8 ??

    SAVED/SOZO is in the Greek Perfect Tense , Passive Voice and a Participle !!

    It should read , " For by Grace , HAVING BEEN SAVED " is the correct Translation .

    But , you did not know that ??

    dan p

  11. #24
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,421
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 692 Times in 509 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    222075
    [QUOTE=StanJ53;

    How exactly did you get here? This confession is a one time event. Rom 10:10 (NIV)
    It is NOT a continuous event. 1 John 1:9 (NIV) shows what we do post salvation. Confessing or agreeing who Jesus is, in order to be saved, as in Romans 10, is one thing and confessing/agreeing what is sin in our life after that, is our daily way of life. Notice what 1 John 1:10 (NIV) says and as well what other scriptures say about residing in the vine as in Rom 11:20-21 (NIV)
    This clearly shows that OSAS is NOT a fact of salvation. Heb 6:4-6 (NIV) is another that OSAS is not a reality.





    I deduce you are wrong given how I exegete scripture. Grace is for a certain purpose identified in scripture. It doesn't give free reign to ignore everything else God wants to and does do in our lives.

    I'm afraid you have to make a better effort at presenting your Calvinist views if you really want people to accept and believe they are Biblically correct.[/QUOTE]


    Hi , and there is a TWO PRESENT TENSE verb in Rom 10:10 , " MAN BELIEVETH " and " Confession is made " and also in the Passive Voice and in the Indicative Mood of FACT .

    The Present tense speaks to CONTINUOUS ACTION in the present time !!

    Check the internet and see , is what I do !!

  12. #25
    Journeyman StanJ53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and in Eph 2:12 , we see that Gentiles were strangers from the Covenants of Promise .

    Gentiles had no Covenant with God at all , as it it all by Grace !!

    dan p

    You're going from what you said about Jews in Acts 2 having a covenant, which they no longer had at that point, to a verse in Eph 2:12 about Paul explaining there was no need for Gentiles to become Jews anymore.
    I'm really not sure what you're NOT getting about the NEW covenant?


    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
    Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
    For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

  13. #26
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    10,957
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 506 Times in 475 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    83305
    Dan,

    Could a person be saved before Jesus died?

    Untellectual
    John 1:40-41 NASB, John 1:49 NASB - 40 One of the two who heard John speak and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

  14. #27
    Journeyman StanJ53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and in 1 Cor 13:8 and 11 , Tongues are CHILDISH things , so much for Tongues , as Tongues were for Israel !!
    dan p

    This is NOT proper exegesis. You don't take two separate verses and try to put their thoughts together, to support YOUR opinion, when they don't go together. That is called eisegesis\, and is NOT acceptable by any competent Biblical scholar.
    1 Cor 13:8-10 is one thought. 1 Cor 13:11, 12, 13 are three different thoughts. This is a totally disingenuous way of asserting your bias against tongues.


    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
    Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
    For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

  15. #28
    Journeyman StanJ53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and just where does it ay that Baptism comes POST salvation

    Where does Paul say that ??

    dan p

    Acts 19:1-7 is a good example.


    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
    Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
    For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

  16. #29
    Journeyman StanJ53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and I never said that , you did !!

    Are you accusing God of being Un-just ??

    In Rom 10:8 , But what does it say ? The Word is near you , in your mouth and in your heart , that is , the word of faith which we preach .

    And , by the way , I am not a Calvinist !!

    dan p

    That's right, I asked you a question based on your strong statement of "with ( the ) mouth he CONFESSES to SALVATION !!" in your post. What was your intent of capitalizing these words? Do you believe those who CAN'T confess Jesus with their mouth and vocal cords are NOT saved?

    Why do you answer a question with another question?

    I have no idea why you provided me with Rom 10:8?

    You just support Calvinist views then is it?


    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
    Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
    For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

  17. #30
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,421
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 692 Times in 509 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    222075
    Quote Originally Posted by Untellectual View Post
    Dan,

    Could a person be saved before Jesus died?

    Untellectual
    Hi , and Abraham , Issac , and Jacob were saved before Jesus died , what say you ?

    And they we be in the Millennial Kingdom , Matt 8:11 !!

    dan p

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us