131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Sure I did. It looks like this:

Then my next post, not quoting or referencing you:

Then another post, same thing:

Followed by your:

And there you go. Well, there you don't, I suppose.
    Still not ignoring me, I see.
    Ignore me.
    Simple.

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 3,500 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Still not ignoring me, I see.
    Ignore me.
    Simple.
    Tried that. You just kept posting anyway. See: Wednesday comment.

Tell you what, I'm just not that interested in reporting and you obviously are intent on pushing the troll envelope, so I'm going to lock it down for a bit and give you a time to find perspective or other people an easier crack at what they come for. For the rest of you, who come here for the Wrap, here's the most recent Wrap link (and there are three or four right before it) for those who stop in to, you know, read it. [/QUOTE]
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

annabenedetti (August 23rd, 2017),Ask Mr. Religion (August 23rd, 2017),Eagles Wings (August 23rd, 2017),Rusha (August 23rd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"I don't think everybody who likes him is a Nazi, but everybody who is a Nazi sure does seem to like him." John Stewart

Pro-Life

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Rusha (August 24th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Friday

So the topic de tour was up and about...
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    So she was there protesting a statue, minding her own business....then the antifa showed up, they started getting violent, so the Nazis got really agitated the protest got shut down by the cops, who did not keep the parties separated, and then it got bad...
    Because it takes a lot of work to agitate Nazis.

A new guy said...
    Quote Originally Posted by James.Roberts View Post
    The KKK is more than a minor issue because the extremists on the Left and the Media won't let it be.
    That's like blaming a cockroach problem on the flashlight that finds them.

Anna showed me a photo of a later rally where a far right wing gathering was dwarfed by opponents along the paremeter...
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    The 'free speech' rally fit under the rotunda. The counter-rally is outside the fence.
    Now that would make a reasonable man nervous...so they were probably just fine.

Meanwhile, in the history thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Obviously, the "Polls" were way off during the election, so why should we trust them now?
    That's another myth. Most polls showed the margin closing late. You're confusing the early polling you don't credit with the later polling you pretend was the earlier polling you don't credit.

Shared a thing I wrote to a friend of mine about my conversion to the opposition on the Confederate memorial debate...
    Here's the truth. You can't open a door until you see it. Because it isn't about intelligence.

What happens when you're compromised by bias is that it tethers, limits the scope of inquiry and you don't even recognize it. So I said, "It's history. It's culture," and that satisfied me. I knew I wasn't a racist so I couldn't be serving any semblance of it. And because I never heard the arguments of those with another and different perspective I continued on in that thought until the voices of people with a very different depth of understanding shocked me out of my context and there I was, staring at it.

The fact is these statues are monuments to an idea that at its heart and by the declarations of those states who fought for it was the protection and expansion of an evil, of slavery. Whatever else we drape over that, the center is malignant. There is no waiting argument that can alter that truth. No way to ennoble it or dismiss it. And that truth understood, should set you free of the weight of them.

If, understanding that, you fight to preserve them then you are on the wrong side of history. You are on the wrong side of reason. You're on the wrong side of the good. There's the door.

And finally, after years of mounting tension, it was on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    I wish I had enough hair to consider that a problem...
    Try growing your neck hair out and combing up.

And ...you get the idea...which is more than we did...
    There'll be hell toupee for that!

Why does everything around here have to come back to Trump?

Speaking of fashion...
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    I have one bow tie but have never worn it. I'm not sure I could pull it off.
    Goof. You're supposed to untie it. what?

Talked politics in the Trump, Good and Bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    I forced myself to watch a good portion of Trump's 'rally' speech last night.
    I was in class. Sorry, I took a dare that I could rationally place Trump and class within close rhetorical proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    I can only take him in super small doses and prefer to watch the *highlights* on MSNBC or CNN. His voice is like nails on a talk board ...
    His polling is like nails in a coffin, politically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    We could start a separate thread for the good. You know, if it ever comes up.
    Like when he's out of office?

Trump losing his science guy led to...
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Good riddance
    I think he sort of implied that in his letter. Well, on the plus side think of all the elbow room Trump is gaining at the conference tables.

CS had a few pearls...I'd hate to think of where he got them...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    I see nothing vile about Trump.
    But then...
    I don't know of any monuments to evil being taken down.
    So...you know.

He's a human like all of us and seems to not take marriage all that seriously but he isn't alone in that.
    You don't take marriage seriously? How do you feel about theft? Assault? The designated hitter?

On the possibility of replacing the flickering bulb...
    I would rather have Pence regardless of the fact that I don't care for him because he doesn't pose an immediate danger to the country. Mentally deranged/ill individuals such as Trump should NEVER have the nuclear codes.
    Pence would be fine with me. I could disagree with him on a few things, some of them important, and believe his difference is rooted in principle. I thought the way he handled the theater bit was evidence of a statesman's demeanor. The rest is negotiation. And he could do that.

Before GM said...

Well, I'm kind of a "Rare Breed" of poster
    Spoiler

That's an impressive amount of bull there.

who doesn't mind silencing "Disruptive Trolls" that are just here to cause problems and not have an actual discussion.
    You know that's where two people take turns talking to and listening to one another with the end game being a productive and/or enjoyable exchange of ideas, don't you?

Probably not.

Then Rusha had the perfect end for this edition with...
    My biggest issue with Pence is that he will forever carry with him the taint of Trump.
    Well, we're going to have to plant a lot of evergreens to get that out of the fabric of the country, when you think about it.

Tomorrow? Resignations, reservations, consternation, lamentation, and Ktoyou tells TOL to go...well, just wait on it...

Other Wraps from August as I caught up from a few weeks absence:

8/22 (link)
    8/20 (link)
    8/17 (link)
    8/16 (link)
    8/15 (link)
    8/14 (link)
    8/12 (link)
    8/7 (link)
    Last edited by Town Heretic; August 25th, 2017 at 07:27 PM.

Pro-Life

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (August 25th, 2017),Ask Mr. Religion (August 26th, 2017),Eagles Wings (August 25th, 2017),Rusha (August 25th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on a Light Hearted Sunday

AB flirted with a rules violation...
    I wasn't giving you a link but rather a title of a documentary that you can google yourself.
    I don't think you're allowed to tell someone to go Google themself.

And like a wildfire, the madness spread...okay, like a really, really small wildfire then...

Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    Uh, yes, anyone may Google themselves
    Consider yourself reported.

Kat just said we can all go Google ourselves.

Consuming everything it touched...

Yahoo.com off TH...

Go Bing yourself.

Or...get Binged.

Bing off, even...though now that I think about it I'm pretty sure it stays on all the time.

GM had a question...
    I placed Town Heretic on "Eggnore" awhile back. Have you noticed that yet, TH?
    Impossible to tell, really. And isn't that great?

While elsewhere an ominous note was struck by chrys...
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    only because we are in control
    Ladies and gentlemen, Alexander Haig.
    You had to be there (either).

After I noted empirical statistics on the dangers of right wing, white extremist groups, comparatively ruling the violence roost...

Yes, they probably include every white crime in the numbers, and of course all white crimes are right wingers.
    You should watch Brazil, one day. But not all the way to the end.

Speaking of sneaky...
    You don't recognize a single American culture from 1787 until 1965?
    Spoiler

I do, and that still allows for various subcultures to exist simultaneously.
    Spoiler

GM made an outrageous claim that his Blame Game thread was...
    ...a thread based on Politics?
    In the same way that Kraft American singles are "based" on cheese.

And Yor said of Charlottesville...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorzhik View Post
    What happened at the rally: Most of the people were regular people with legit grievances on both sides.
    White Supremacists and Nazis with legit grievances? Regarding their upbringing?

Then Dr had a question and a point to make...

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    So what makes Richard Spencer right wing? Just because he says it doesn't make it so does it?
    I've generally found that when people commit to one side of the political spectrum the one thing they never want any confusion about, can get snippy at the drop of a hat about, is the idea that they might be on the other side of the coin. Politics, in this country, is on the whole a touchier subject than religion with most.

Given the emotionalism that sweeps through political rhetoric and positioning these days, I'm as confident of someone declaring himself as an advocate of the right or left as I would be someone declaring their homosexuality twenty years ago. No liberal I've ever met would want to be confused as a conservative and I can't imagine what would drive a conservative to represent himself as a liberal.

The only people I ever see making the attempt to paint against the grain are at the fringe and then only speaking for others.

And the gong was struck...

If we're faced with an all out Civil War...
    Or a zombie apocalypse.

It happened once, it could happen again.
    No. We've never had a war between a whinny minority of over privileged white people and radicalized college kids majoring in cultural hypersensitivity and learning from youtube.

It appears to me that we might just be in the last days.
    Of August.

Before...

I noticed that in a desperate attempt to communicate with old GM, TH posted something...
    No, I'm more talking to your audience...so you may have a point.

Tomorrow? Wunderkinds, legal eagles aplenty, and more fun with flashlights.

Pro-Life

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (September 1st, 2017),Rusha (August 27th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Hump Day

Talked about the not so golden Trump oldie regarding the fairness of a judge...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    Yes, exactly like that. Not racism.
    I think I see your problem then. It was an entirely racist remark. Calling the judge Mexican. Why? He wasn't. Trump knew that. So why did he call him that? Hint: he was speaking to others. Now who is that going to resonate with and why? Who is the sort of person whose sympathy is won by that?

Had a word with a squinting Tiresias...
    If we're faced with an all out Civil War...
    Or a zombie apocalypse.

It happened once, it could happen again.
    No. We've never had a war between a whinny minority of over privileged white people and radicalized college kids majoring in cultural hypersensitivity and learning from youtube.

It appears to me that we might just be in the last days.
    Of August.

After noting the comfort level of Nazis, white supremacists, etc. among the right wing fringe...
    So, if a crack head likes your car and carjacks you, it's up to you to find out why he likes your car?
    Rather, if crackhead after crackhead keeps stepping around other cars to come after yours, you might want to figure out what it is about yours they find so attractive.

Made a fight prediction...
    I wouldn't count Conor out. The word is, most betters are betting on him
    Not the smart money. The next great white hope always brings out people. Jerry Clooney made a mint on that sentiment. Same song. Same ending.

Took on the linkage/comfort question myself when must wouldn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Those are not conservatives.
    Arguable. What isn't arguable is they support you. They aren't showing up for the left or for its candidates. They're crazy about yours. Obviously they don't agree with your reading of things.

To me it's fairly clear.

Spoiler
    The left is about protection for the individual first and the least empowered in relation to the rest. The right is about as rhetorically invested in preserving the status quo, what's left of the power base for a shrinking white population. It has tapped into the emotional resistance by many in that group, into the realization that their numbers and influence are waning and will likely continue to, which is why immigration from countries that aren't likened is so threatening, why suddenly a national language became important to them, etc. That's how Trump became possible, riding the backlash by the nervous to hostile elements in the majority. That majority has some demonstrably racist streaks in it, which is like dry tender, on top of the general disease of a big dog feeling its age and mortality.

So if you're right about your values not being truly compatible, then losing the fear factor, letting go of the suspicion and angst in relation to the other, actually embracing the next wave of helpers in the American experiment and recognizing that diversity isn't inherently division, would drive these otherwise ill adapted goofs from your ranks...or is it them and their problem? Could it be that you need them? That you need their support almost as much as you need that unifying subtext among your own, especially at the margins, where success lives and dies in terms of elections these days.

That's one can kicked about a bit. I'll wait on the right to eventually find their own...maybe. Maybe not, given the above.

Truster was busy being Truster...
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    The first line of the Constitution reads, "We the people". These three words establish the foundation of the US government. The concept is known as "popular sovereignty" and derives from the consent of the people.
    Spot on.

The people that live under this constitution hold it, the nation, the flag and the ultimate aims and rights of the people in higher regard than the Creator and sustainer of all.
    No, that's not it at all, really. They just don't trust people like you to tell them how their love of God should be manifest and how it shouldn't.

You have heard the word repent. May I humbly suggest you do so.
    I'd be happy to see you humbly suggest anything.

And...
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Your constant idiotic remarks
    List one. Not saying I haven't made one, just wondering what your list would look like.

The election came up again...
    America woke up. America spoke. America voted.
    And the EC took America back from them.

CS had a passive-aggressive Confederate apologist bit going...or Nazi, comes to it...
    But don't complain over your lumps.
    I think I agree, depending on what strikes you as complaining. Letters from a jail?

Also, if the hosers were not breaking the law, we have no right to condemn them for following the law.
    Sure we do. If the law serves something evil. If the evil is known. If it can be known by the light of reason. If it is known and spoken to by others near.

Then we have to stand in the path of the water and take our lumps too.

If the law is immoral, you can praise those who refuse to obey it, but you cannot judge them if they do obey because hindsight reveals that whole society was racially immoral.
    So long as the truth is before a people they may be judged by embracing the lie.

Never judge a person for simply living out the morality of his society.
    Said everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah, I suspect.

That's why I don't condemn the cops who were hosing the black protestors.
    And that's why I always will.

And, lastly...
    Whenever they compare Trump supporters to Nazis, they automatically lose the argument. I have never seen this much talk of Nazis in my life, even here on TOL
    It's probably because the Nazis keep showing up to your rallies. Just a guess, mind you.

Tomorrow? GM's troubles, Trump tales, and the impotence of being unearnest...

BONUS (from way back when)...
    Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by vegascowboy View Post
    And then we get to TH.

Spoiler

Busted?

Bastion of truth.
    I was so close to reporting this one until I realized you'd written bastion. Man, I really need to consider reading glasses.

He doesn't always see eye-to-eye with the upper echelons,
    What have you heard?

but he is "fair and balanced." (Sorry, TH, for the Fox News reference.)
    I think Sheppard Smith is a hoot.

In all seriousness, though, I have liked TH since day one.
    Back at you...and, of course, you're now only slightly more likely to become a mod.

Then again, I like most folks that aren't anti-bbq and beans, so I may not be saying anything particularly noteworthy.
    Well, why change methodology this late in the game.

Last edited by Town Heretic; September 3rd, 2017 at 02:36 PM.

Pro-Life

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (September 1st, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Sunday

So GM was lamenting...
    It deeply saddens me to observe Libs continue to lose. First, they lose the election and everything else, now, they constantly lose their credibility on TOL. What a shame.
    One thing you'll never have to worry about losing, GM.

I wrote: So long as the truth is before a people they may be judged by embracing the lie.
    Was the truth truly before the southern culture as clearly and distinctly as it was before the northern culture?
    No, it was more apparent. You could live with some distance in the north, unless you listened to the voices of experience or were inclined to read. The people of the South had that evil, the degradation, among them.

If you are uneducated and your religion backs up your culture, you will be tone deaf to the high phalluten ways of the educated Yankees.
    God didn't absolve Sodom. I won't absolve the South. No one should. There's nothing to wrap that in that could.

Then GM was back to Tweeting..
    I wonder when they'll get around to blaming Trump for the Hurricane?
    It's even money which blows harder.

And fool was defending a choice...
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    ]Me voting for Trump and wanting to follow our immigration laws may put me in in an overlap with the Nazis and Confederate flag idiots on a Ven diagram. But that doesn't mean I support their ideas or have somehow soiled myself because of the overlap.
    I've actually (and more than once) said that to be a conservative isn't necessarily to be or like Nazis.

Do you eat eggs for breakfast? Are you going to stop when you find out that they do as well?
    No. Because what we have in common is biology, not ideology. Now if what we have in common is a suspicion of minorities, a sense of entitlement encroached upon that lets many of us feel like we've "given" or "allowed" as much as we want to and it's time to do something about it...that's another thing.

When someone else said....

If a nazi is standing on a street corner doing nothing but sharing his viewpoint,
    His racist, Nazi viewpoint.

and a BLM member comes up and takes a punch at him ....... then the "bad" guy is the BKM member and the "good" guy is the nazi.
    No, the person who supports the black lives matters movement would be a law breaker then, have made a wrong decision in how to confront. The bad guy would still be the Nazi.

And just to help you out, the Nazi will always be a bad guy, behaving or not..

Differed with Lon over the coach praying with his team after a game, mid field...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Many proponents in government and SCOTUS seek a United States without God in any of our expressions. We've been under attack after attack after attack. I include Matt's post in its entirety though some in spoiler:
    Matt's wrong. Coercion is a real concern. At a public school you have to keep that in mind. Not kneeling on the field isn't denying you the right to pray, or to believe. The coach has to understand that he's acting as a representative of his school in that moment and the school can't favor any particular faith over another. That's not its role. So no praying toward Mecca with a handful of students at the end of the game.

And on the baker refusing to sell or make a cake for a gay wedding...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    No, you do not have a right to a cake.
    You do if it's offered by a business holding itself out to the public and you have the money to purchase it. More to the point, the baker has no right to refuse black people, or Christians, or gays the right to purchase what he's holding out for sale. Now if they aren't wearing shoes, shirts it's another thing...except in the Keys, of course.

Took CS up on getting his linked narrative wrong about a professor fired for unprofessional conduct...
    The comments were not necessarily directed at the student on her Facebook page.
    And the Pope isn't necessarily Catholic...except he is and everyone knows it.

Had a difference with kmo on Charlottesville...
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    Bottom line, I try to avoid assumptions and I see no need to pass judgment over every person there who was in support of the statue.
    I don't believe that kind of assumption has to be a part of this. You simply have to recognize a) what the Nazi and his fellows are and b) what sort of person feels more strongly about the cause of defending statuary (however they justify the slavery connection) than he or she does about standing with that sort to manage it.

Even without the underlying truth of what that statuary represents, it's a powerfully disturbing thought. I have a very hard time trying to pin "fine folks" on it.

I don't see a reason to do that except that it allows you to more easily condemn Trump
    Leaving aside that you don't appear reticent to issue at least one speculative assumption, I don't need additional reasons to object to Trump. He's like a Pez dispenser of reasonable objections. His own party and some of his cabinet members have done their best to distance themselves from some of them.

And Nihilo wondered about Trump's "Mexican" note and fairness issue with a federal judge...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    You're going to have to go ahead and explain how or why calling someone Mexican is racist, Town. I don't understand.
    You have to ask yourself a simple question to begin with, "Is Trump a stupid man?"

If you answer yes then there's no way to continue.

If you find yourself saying, "No, he's a very astute man. A very successful, very intelligent man. A Wharton man." Now we can get some where.

Trump understands the judge he noted was born and reared here, is not a Mexican. But he calls him a Mexican.
    Why would he do that? Because he's speaking to a set of people who would do that. That's his audience. And he's telling them that he can't get a fair hearing from one. It's the oldest code use in the bigoted playbook. Whether Trump actually believes that is immaterial. He's using it.

Tomorrow? A WoZ speaks to Charlottesville, CS makes the milk carton, and a KFC showdown.

Pro-Life

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (September 11th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Monday

Had a few words with PJ about, well, what else?
    You can't say anything good about Trump, it's just not in you.
    It's not about what's in me. It's about what's coming out of him.
    As it is, you are overzealous and unfair in your constant bad mouthing of Trump, by constant, I mean any chance you get.
    No, I could write about him daily. He really is that Pez dispenser of goofery. The fact is that I ...don't take every chance I can to go after him...I think his message is of the wrong time, negative, divisive, and wrong headed.

And after weeks of complaints like that I noted...
    And by the way, the president's second effort in Texas? Nicely done.
    No, I thought he did well this time around. He handed out supplies, served food to the hungry, comforted a few kids and made himself visible to people who could use the encouragement. It was a pleasant surprise. I'm not going to kick him when he gets it right.

He did what he should have done, what I'd expect a president to do. More of that, please.

So, of course, there was an instant recognition and a nod on the...no...of course not...
    What is " in" a person is a set of attitudes. You have an attitude inside you that refuses to see anything good at all in Trump.
    Nostradamus called. He said not to quit your day job .

We all have faults and you think his are worse than yours. I might go further and say you think his faults are of the same magnitude as mine and that your faults are miniscule in comparison.
    You might say there was an American culture that existed until 1965, when a change in immigration law did away with what essentially reduced to racial discrimination, then literally run away from defining what you mean by that culture and what that shift from it entailed when challenged on making vaguely racist comments. And by might I mean that's exactly what you did.

Or, you just say whatever suits that trunk full of emotional issues you have and you never seem able to back any of it. Let's see the next one.

The Bible has something to say about an attitude like that .
    What does the Bible say about straw men?

Okay, that's just CS being CS, but being fair, as soon as PJ read it there was a very different...well...no...
    Yes, you reluctantly said a good thing,
    No one and nothing made me make the comment.

noting that Trump handed out food and made an appearance
    And comforted kids. He did other things, but I think the appearance was the most important thing he could have done for Houston. Symbolism and the focus of rhetoric can be that in a president. It was something I'd like to see more of.

Although his first appearance wasn't good enough for you it was the SECOND visit that appealed to your senses.
    Right, the first one was awful. Now if I was committed to being what you think I am I would have ignored the second, emphasized the first (I never did) and gone on about my business.

It's nothing but optics for the left.
    And that, PJ, is why your "give him a chance/try to see X" bits were false notes.

You can't give a zealot anything but capitulation. Everything else is subject to an irrationally rooted suspicion and insufficiency.

You don't want me to note the good, because it interferes with your narrative.

Speaking of narratives, Trad had a few things to say about kindred minds...
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditio View Post
    There is no moral equivalence between peaceful nazis and peaceful protestors? Upon what basis are you making this claim?
    The belief shared by our greatest generation, that the Nazi is a small and loathsome creature, steeped in racism and an enemy of free men everywhere.

The "punch a nazi" memes have been making their way on various social media, even by, I am sure, some people who have not themselves committed any acts of violence.
    I was talking to a friend of mine about this and, as I believe I did here, I said I'm a lot more sympathetic to the Nazi clocker than I am to the Nazi, mostly because I can understand how the presence of one exercising his right to speak might be seen as an invitation to violence, fighting words, among certain people.

Furthermore, Richard Spencer and the alt-right, so far as I'm aware, don't endorse violence at all.
    How is it you imagine their ethnically singular world or state would be accomplished again?

What precisely is it about these "most peace loving nazis" that somehow distinguishes them from other groups? Because they are "racist"? Ok.
    That's certainly enough, as foundations for belief systems go, but it's hardly everything. Being racist is odious. What you do with that racist impulse further defines you. Who you embrace (say, Hitler) and their approach to that racist streak puts the Nazi cherry on top.

The simple fact is that, however much you may dislike the ideas of Richard Spencer, his ideas are much more peaceful than many of his identitarian leftist counter-parts.
    It's possible, if undemonstrated. At best you've put him somewhere in a sorry continuum. A bit like suggesting this piece of trash is cleaner than that one.

Put this one in lost and found...

Found this old home movie AB inadvertently returned with a copy of Raiders that I loaned him.

I think it's special. The label says, New Years With Family, 1994.

Spoiler

Noted the passing of a legend in our own time...
    Walter Becker is dead. If you're over 30 and you don't know his name, you still probably know his music, as half the writing team of Steely Dan. When the world was rasping and gyrating, they gave us cynical and smart, smooth and cool. The took the education of jazz and fused its spirit into the pop bloodstream...Rickie Lee Jones, a fabulous writer and singer herself, said this about him:

I am Rickie Lee Jones. And I was one of the women Walter Becker took such good care of in his short life. I would want you to know that. He was so funny. And no, I didn't like the soprano sax on "Satellites," but that sound ended up... well, listen to Dave Mathews, for one. Walter knew what he was doing. He planted music. It grows all around us now.

Goodnight Walter. Thank you for making thoughtful, frequently cynical, longing, broken, beautiful music. Thank you for the Scam, for Katy, the Pretzel, and the album I couldn't take off my turntable, Asia--so beautiful it forced me to forgive you for Deacon Blues. You will be missed.

And Trad was back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditio View Post
    ...I don't really know what your actual opinions are.
    And it looks like no one is going to know what your answer to my rebuttal is, which puts us all on a sort of equal footing.

Rough equality. That must really gall you...

Frankly, given the choice between the identitarian left and the nazis, I'll take the nazis.
    But then, that's true of you if the choice was between the Methodists and the Nazis.

Hail victory.
    May your purgatory be a long walk through the dead along the beaches at Anzio...

I agree with you, TH, there is no equivalence between nazis and the counter-protestors.
    You're half way from idiot racist to someone who deserves the education he squandered, meaningfully, with that statement.

The nazis are obviously superior in every respect.
    Add Stalingrad to your walk.

Tomorrow? Still waiting on CS to explain the mysterious American culture pre 1965, chys actively opposes activism, and I change my opinion on something..

Pro-Life

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (September 11th, 2017),patrick jane (September 11th, 2017)

Thread Information