The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,357 Times in 7,048 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Doser is flying along . He is firing off seeker missiles hoping one of them finds Town Heretic or Arthur Brain. One of them circles around and detonates in his exhaust pipe and sends his craft down in flames. ​You get a vacation while his plane undergoes repairs.

A certain Tomcat rolls away leaving you to ponder why that missile did what it did.

Word to the wise, if you tend to bump heads a lot with the same person, it may be time to place them on ignore, not fire off a bunch of the reports in the woodshed.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 7th, 2017),Tambora (July 31st, 2017),Town Heretic (July 31st, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,114 Times in 3,591 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on 8/7

So after I noted a testy assessment of Foxfire by PJ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Paranoid...lurker...you get any "friendlier" and there's bound to be bloodshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Pipe down Mr. Witty. Anyone reading the posts from start to finish would see his paranoia and he is in fact a Lurker. Just the facts
    When people feel the need to tell others what's obvious only one thing mostly tends to be.

And it isn't that.

And, considering...
    Listening to right wingers describe liberals is like taking golfing lessons from Helen Keller. Entertaining as heck to watch, but you don't really learn anything about the game.

Tam suggested...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    "Harm" does not have to be involved for something to be wrong to do.
    For instance?

Leading to...
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Bestiality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Cain brought an offering without faith.
    That was wrong for him to do, but he caused no harm to anyone by bringing that offering.
    Didn't he harm himself?

On the latest Trump firing...
    11 days? Spicer is laughing at this one too. The only thing Scaramucci managed to communicate was the ineptness of this administration.

Leading to...
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    Now you know.
    Funny thing, the more you know the less they appear to.

PJ asked...
    What can he do about N. Korea that would meet with your approval
    Take up residence?

Before taking exception to a golden Flake's right wing objection to Trump...
    You admire Flake?
    I admire the nerve. And I agree with a few of his criticisms. I haven't read his book yet.

For that?
    For standing up to his party on principle? Sure.

Do you see a lot of protectionism and isolationism?
    I don't see a lot of anything from this administration beyond rhetoric. But that rhetoric is in line with the criticism.

I like Representatives that DON'T write books
    But then, you like presidents who can't write a sentence without a personal pronoun.

So...
    I wish I had the time to be a Senator AND write a book
    I wish you were too busy to write a sentence.

Leading to bridge too far to live under...
    I wish you actually used your higher education to be something other than Mr. Mom
    When you were a kid your coloring book just looked like one page of whatever shade caught your eye, didn't it.

In any event, I have been using that expanding education, but that would be under "none of your" in the business column.

CS was opining on race...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    I've talked to over 500 white people who used the nword over my lifetime and yet he tries to invalidate that based on the idea of anecdote he does even abide by
    ...One-third of whites admitted to using it at least once or twice in a five year period, according to the 2012 Cooperative Congressional Election Study. So forget 500, a third of whites is a pretty large number.

According to a wide sampling survey conducted by Unney and Feldman of Stony Brook University, in New York, about 40% of whites in their study admitted to believing "a little or more" that blacks are poor because of racial differences in intelligence. Or, around 40% of whites admitted to being a little or more racist.
    Tomorrow? Comic books, comic takes, and politics goes to the movies.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 7th, 2017),Eagles Wings (August 15th, 2017),patrick jane (August 7th, 2017),Rusha (August 7th, 2017),The Barbarian (August 20th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Saturday

So CS had a thread about the Death Wish remake...
    Please go see this movie to enrage leftists.
    Mostly (these days) Bruce Willis just enrages people who pay to see his movies.

And...
    So you are not enraged by the ideas and themes of the movie?
    No, I'm mostly enraged by the quality of the acting I keep running into at the movies. And by the lack of imagination in Hollywood for the past 20 years.

Then Rusha said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    I will agree on the Nicholas Cage ... but how dare you insult De Niro!
    Two words that put Robert on the latter day Bob Hope egg timer: Bad Grandpa...The whole Death Wish fantasy is so far removed from reality for most people I think you have to consider it the way you do a musical. Sure, groups of people will occasionally behave that way, but mosty not. So watch it for what it is and forget what it pretends to be.

Then Berean...well...I'm not really sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    So I guess you're not a Batman fan?
    As a comic book or a working social model? No, I'm not in favor of grown men dressing up like bats to fight crime on their own.

dr had a notion...
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Putin has hypnotized the entire state of West Virginia!
    Only the ones sans shoes and most of their teeth...point taken.

chrys was up to his old...
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    what kind of protection do two guys living together need? -
    The same protections everyone living legally together need. You know, their rights.

who is trying to kill them?
    Is that the threshold for right? How many people have to want to kill you before you get rights?

That had pj wondering...
    What rights?
    What rights do you have? Those.

What rights of theirs are being violated?
    That's a situational question dressed up as a principle. Supra, as a principle. Can't be answered situationally without more particularity.

It used to be, 2 guys living together were just roommates
    It used to be a white and a black living together meant the white owned a slave.

, WITH RIGHTS. What's wrong with being roommates?
    What's wrong with being married?

While over in the Mt. Rushmore of whatever you feel like thread, I considered baseball...

MLB Mt. Rushmore:

Babe Ruth: the original still chased decades after his bat went silent.
    Cy Young: 100 wins out in front of the runner up for best pitcher of all time.
    Ted Williams: the last man to hit .400 and one of the canniest hitters of any era. Won his last batting title at 39 years of age.
    Willie Mays: in my opinion, the greatest baseball player of all time. Amazing fielder with a live arm and a deadly bat.

Hon. Men. : Hank Aaron, Jackie Robinson, DiMaggio, Robinson..

PJ was mining irony for the right...
    Send me your lazy, illiterate, free loading criminal masses, with no skills. So we can feed, house and care for them, for free
    Oh you right wing elitists.

Penned a bit in the Statue of Liberty controversy thread...
    The Alt-New Colossus (second draft)

"Give me your rested, your chic,
    Your tanned masses yearning to shop duty free,
    Those venture capitalists of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the privileged whites few to me,
    I hold the pass key to our golden door!"

(servants entry around the blacks back)

Wrapping up with chrys trying to kick a fg through freshly set posts...
    I am not comfortable with lawyers redefining things
    Like Jefferson, Adams, and around half the founders when they redefined the nature of government among men?

- I just don't trust them - do you?
    I trust the rule of law they gifted us with over the whims and dispositions of men like you, who confuse their bias with the rule of thumb.

Tomorrow? Muslim trees in religious forests, more Rushmores, and optimism unbridled.

Pro-Life

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 12th, 2017),Eagles Wings (August 15th, 2017),Foxfire (August 13th, 2017),patrick jane (August 12th, 2017),Rusha (August 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Someone wrote on FB: "A beautiful baby gecko got stuck to a sticky trap and I'm devastated."

Worse, think of all the money she could have saved on her insurance...it's too soon, isn't it.

Pro-Life

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (August 15th, 2017),rexlunae (August 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Monday

Discovered that when you look at the qb play during their playoff runs, the cream that rises might surprise...

Chance of having a bad playoff game (75 qb rating or below):

Brees: 1%, Rodgers: 12.5%, Montana: 21.5 %, Brady: 26.5%, Favre/Young, Peyton: 33%, Elway: 36%, Marino: 44%

Chance of having a statistically great playoff game (90+ rating):

Rodgers: 75%, Brees: 73%, Montana: 60%, Favre: 50%, Brady: 47%, Young: 43%, Peyton/Elway 41%,Marino: 33%

While elsewhere Rusha made me feel like a cynic with regard to Congress...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Perhaps they will finally put country above party.
    Okay, I'm a fan of optimism, but don't overdo it.

Recalled a recent travail of marriage...
    Jack is hungry the other evening coming back from swimming lessons and we stop on the way home to get him a happy meal. He says he wants a milkshake with it, so I ask my wife, who is riding in the backseat with him, "Get that as a drink with it?"

And she says? "What did you just call our son?"

Our next car is going to have to be a quieter ride.

And in my Mt. Rushmores thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Old school sitcoms: Hal Linden, Bob Newhart, and Ed Asner
    You've never even seen a photo of Mt. Rushmore, have you...

Rejected CS taking a thing literally instead of literarily...

This poem by Emma Lazarus does not mean our immigration policy is to let any and all comers come in unvetted simply because they are poor, tired and huddled. It was never meant to advocate an open borders policy...
    Why attacking poets and trying to make a point no one is arguing is dumb: because you'll look goofy and no one is arguing it, respectively.

Now a great deal of what our founders put together was fairly poetic in the course of things. The Declaration of Independence is a rhetorically wonderful bit of writing, with or without legal force. Many of the documents we honor as a nation, a great deal of the national sentiment and expectation, aren't reduced to something as dry as the law must be, but those thoughts guide that law, support it like bone.

And the law, often as not, reflects our aspirations and our highest ideas. When it fails to do that, outside of the pragmatic and mundane (like traffic court) it tends to find itself challenged and undone in time, by process (see: Suffrage/Civil Rights Movement) or by some other means (see: the Civil War).

The poem noted in its relation to the Statue of Liberty is one of the aspiration variety. It was nobler than popular sentiment when written. Apparently it's nobler today as well. Then again, we've always had a problem with the new guy and the Irish found that out the hard way, as did the Italians, as have most minorities. But despite our worst impulses and resistance we've kept moving toward and fighting for better ideas. That's one thing that distinguishes our social experiment from most. We aren't a noble people, never have been. But we've always dreamed of being and at our best our laws and our poems reflect that impulse, that hope.

That, as I'm prone to say, ain't hay.

Answered a good question from PJ...
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjane View Post
    What insane notion do people have that healthcare costs and premiums will ever go down? Is anything else getting cheaper in the world today? Soak up some more Obamacare for next year.
    Why would it be reasonable? Well, if health care costs are arbitrary, inflated, etc. then it's reasonable. If laws exist that thwart competition and those restrictions are removed it would be reasonable. In short, when we find ourselves paying significantly more (2.5 times more on average) as a percent of our GDP than countries with universal coverage, something is wrong and the fix is in. People know that or sense it.

Had a long, interesting exchange with exmin on Islam...
    Quote Originally Posted by exminister View Post
    ...I have seen enough to know that while Muslims can act like they are all right, far too many are supportive of suicide bombers, explicitly and implicitly. They wouldn't do it themselves, but they wouldn't call it out.
    Or maybe it's a lot like Germany in the old days for many. First you develop an us/them feeling, fueled and supported by the palpable suspicion, contempt, and even mistreatment by the other (see: what the West did to the Arab world after WWII) until it's ingrained in the culture. That limits the voices being listened to. Then you add the most restrictive and limiting elements of a theocracy the way the brown shirts limited philosophical opposition. And then you process the whole thing with fear and fanaticism. Easy way to keep a population in check and thinking the way you want them to think.

There are anecdotal cases where a few have called out family members but certainly not enough.
    ...I know a lot of Muslims have been very vocal in opposing terrorism in the name of their God. And I know that most of the people fighting and dying in the war against ISIS were and are Muslim.

That is the maturity process I expect. The more they publicly call out violence the more Americans can get comfortable with them and come to trust them. The more they stay to themselves and not criticize violence the less they will be trusted. The onus really is on them. Humans give trust to others as the others earn it. Don't you think that is natural and not wrong?
    Probably, but I also recognize that I kept hearing, "Where is Muslim outrage???" after 9/11 while all sorts of Muslims, from scholars to laymen, were decrying murder in the name of God and simply not getting a lot of coverage or attention.

And a more predictable one with chrys...
    men do have free will
    That should be the cutoff.

-and-
    You mean "but". You were really showing your "but" there, not your "and."

they are accommodating - they will leave when asked to - most of the time
    So, for those playing at home, Republicans didn't give us Roe except by accommodating the Democrats with nominees who would fail conservative principle and men are mostly accommodating women.

Liberals and women, the bane of chry's existence and the Vandals of modern history.

Tomorrow: secret sources sauce that rings a Taco Bell, the basic facts, and PJ's legal problems...sort of...
    Last edited by Town Heretic; August 14th, 2017 at 10:46 AM.

Pro-Life

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 20th, 2017),Rusha (August 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Tuesday

Must proffered a bit of repackaged...hooboy...
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Also interesting. Speculative but interesting. A poster at a blog said he found this on FB.
    Okay, I agree it's interesting that anyone would try to use an anonymous poster at an unnamed blog purporting to have found an unsupported bit of declaration to create a degree of disassociation for conservatives. And by interesting I mean neither surprising nor credible.

But let's look at the crazy thing anyway.

Unite the Right is a Soros-funded honeypot psy-op that employs the Pied Piper strategy to damage the Republican brand by insinuating that Antifa goons disguised as Nazis represent the views of the entire Right wing in America (This is what Creamer and Democracy Partners have been up to lately.) Some points that give the scam away:
    It looks like the origin of this new narrative/alt take, is none other than Alex Jones. For those unfamiliar, Mr. Jones previous work includes 9/11 as a false flag, and Sandy Hook as a prepared hoax. On Saturday, Jones trotted out the Soros/conspiracy theory to predictable applause from the loons who follow his music while those only strongly needing distance used the trots distantly, as you'd expect. (Newsweek, today).

4. Reports of violence against "Counter-protesters" at an "impromptu" rally. o one spontaneously organizes to counter-protest an impromptu rally unless they are associated with the organizers of the rally themselves.
    Even money which is worse, the logic or grammar. But why choose?

5. The name. "Unite the Right". This is so obviously a "Pied Piper" op that I can't even. It is supposed to make the organization appear to represent the views of the entire Right Wing, so of course they go around giving Roman Salutes and waving Confederate flags and shouting "White Power!" while wearing Trump hats. And hen of course these same leftists load up their other twitter accounts and attack Trump for not denouncing them hard enough. Standard divide and conquer nonsense. They are going after what they perceive to be his base of Nazis while tarnishing the Republican brand.
    And then Momma Bear said, "Someone's been snorting my enormous pile of cocaine."

I'm going to cut through the additional declarative beans to a point anyone reading through it could get behind:

6. ...Don't fall for this scam.

So PJ was mulling about the joint...
    I wouldn't belong to any group that would have me as a member
    He's currently in the process of being rejected by the League of Ironic Plagiarists...which has to sting...someone.

Had a difference in focus with Kat about the Charlottesville killer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    I am being psycholical here, believing the killer may have had desires to be included, but may, for many reasons, not have been known to its members.This often happens, a lone outsider who lives inside his head, rather than outside, takes it upon himself to do what the worst of the group members do in speech and writing...We will see, I bet none of the alt-right groups know this guy.
    And I'm suggesting that those people gave him something to hate, people to reduce to objects and targets for his anger and illness to seek out. Whether or not they claim him is far less important than the claim they had on him.

Speaking of, rex nailed this response to CS...

Quote Originally Posted by RealityJerk View Post
    He should also condemn the racism and bigotry on the other side, not just the extreme right. The so called "Black Lives Matter" is filled with black racists. Black people can be just as racist as anybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    In other words, "all lives matter".

In other words, why focus on the problem at hand, when you can go find something else to focus on that's a lot less uncomfortable?

And the apologetics continued...
    Quote Originally Posted by randomvim View Post
    We should not refrain ourselves from criticising more than just the white nationalists.
    I think it's important to distinguish between tactics and aim. The aim of the Nazi lovers is vile. Opposing that in principle is virtuous. Choosing the wrong means to oppose it may invite reasoned censure, but it doesn't invite the suggestion of moral equivalence.

To the point where a guy photographed literally wearing a Nazi armband and a Trump hat brought out...
    wow. one guy in a group of people. wearing a hat ive seen some steal. I dont know what that guy believes and i do not wish to guess at it.
    You don't have to guess. He's wearing his heart on his sleeve.

its a picture which can tell a thousand lies with the truth.
    You know what should distinguish truth from a lie? Reason. Not desire. So the apparent truth is before you. The question is what reason do you have to doubt it?
    And...
    ...reason is necessary and so reason tells me that unles I am present at location the picture is taken then there is probability that presentation of said picture could be incorrect.
    Almost anything is possible, but much less is reasonable. So when I see a Nazi salute it is possible that the fellow has a nervous tic, but more likely that he means something by it.

When we drape ourselves in meaningful symbols we invite the association. It is reasonable to make it and unreasonable to see ambiguity within the expression, even if there's a mathematical possibility of it.

PJ was back with his latest editorial...
    Lil Town likes to ridicule and belittle the current administration. But he's not a leftist
    If only you believed the truth you don't mean to tell as readily as you accept the lie you mean to believe.
    And...
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    Criticizing a republican president does not make one a liberal or a democrat by default.
    Not if you're rational. So you can sort of see his point. And how it could help to keep his cap on in a strong wind.

Before RJ got at least one thing spot on before cranking out post after pro Russian/anti American posts almost more aggravating as the font he used to do it...
    Trump isn't the anti-establishment rebel, many portray him to be.

Anyone who bought into the idea of a rich old white guy being a rebel deserves their disappointment.

Before another random post had me wondering...
    what dictates the rally to demonstrate against removal of a statue a rally to "unite the right?
    The people who organized it called the association and support. It is reasonable to assert that people who show up for a Scout jamboree understand what they're attending for the most part.

what qualifies nazis as right wing?
    They do by association and alignment. I'm not suggesting that to be a conservative, even a hard right winger, is to be a racist or Nazi sympathizer, or White Nationalist, only that it doesn't exclude the possibility and that these racists find supporting a right wing agenda in their best interests. That invites a reasonable consideration of why.

Then PJ had another spell check malfunction...

demonrats have always taken advantage of the poor and minorities
    Usually in the same way a preacher takes advantage of a sinner, though over time they've become virtually indistinguishable from the next group, at least in the corridors of power. That group, caretakers of the hijacked conservative cause, continue in the service of corporate masters who sell you the lottery dream of someday while they systematically reduce the promise of your present and point to the poor, the immigrant, unions, and minorities as the impediment to your opportunity.

"Same as it ever was..."

Tomorrow? The importance of beating earnest, blueberries, and Chrys cozying up to the Russians...
    Last edited by Town Heretic; August 16th, 2017 at 08:20 AM.

Pro-Life

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 20th, 2017),Ktoyou (August 20th, 2017),patrick jane (August 15th, 2017),WizardofOz (August 15th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Hump Day

(Mostly funnies bonus edition)

GM said a curious thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Personally, I've always voted Republican, however, I consider myself to be an "Independent Conservative."
    Where does the independent part come in? You choose one conservative over another?

I think they call that a primary.

Chrys began another leg in his oddly revisionist rite of passage from adamantly opposed to Trump to the point of withholding his vote (which he once would have sworn made him a baby killer by default) to, well, this...

I still can't believe trump is president and if it was because of the russians, which I will never believe, I would thank the russians
    You'd thank a foreign government for violating the law and influencing an election. Well, it's a good thing you aren't in uniform...or is it?
    Cornwallis, eat your heart out.

Differed with dr on the Russian question...
    But it's ok if we do it.....cause, well, we are into regime change and all...
    I'd say that you're making a mistake relating to the old moral equivalence argument. All killings aren't equal, by way of. If we try to get Hitler ousted it's a good thing. When a thug like Putin tries to influence our Republic it isn't. Not all governments and actions taken in relation to them are inherently equal.

Continued it with random...
    ...who is being killed doesnt change morality of the act.
    It completely can. Example: Hitler, Gandhi.

the act itself is morally wrong and denounced.
    Murder is wrong, for the most part...though if I could murder Hitler before his rise to power I suppose I'd just have to live with it.

And a little more GM...
    Personally, I see Trump that was placed in office by the "Will of God" and is doing a good job of trying to straighten out this Nation.
    What if God put him in power to punish us for voting for him?

On a more serious note, I answered a thing I get from both sides depending on the issue...

You consistently ignore the left's rhetoric
    Rather, I consistently advocate for a rational and fact centered approach to issues. On a site where almost all of the threads are created and populated by the right, most of what I have to say will address that perspective. Not that long ago I was accused of being an apologist for the religious right by a poster here who was a solid liberal and saw me and my response to his proffer the way people too far to the right to be reasonable, you for one, do from the other side.

While RJ continued his...
    Yes, the irony. Killing 45 million unborn babies is OK, but Russia releasing dirt on a corrupt American politician is the end of the world as we know it.
    It's not really an either/or. A lot of people opposed to abortion were green lighting Russian sanctions. And no one, not even Congress, is saying it's the end of the world. It's just criminal, willful, wrong and censurable. And there you go.

And let's end with a last helping of GM...
    Obviously, you see things differently. You and I disagree, totally. That's not a big deal, our Nation is divided, as well.
    And that's encouraging too. Most people hate dividing fractions.

Tomorrow? lost in translating PJ, Trump continues to unite the nation, and what history won't teach some of us...

Pro-Life

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 20th, 2017),Eagles Wings (August 22nd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Thursday

Spoke to the notion that inequality in approach is always the way to go...
    who is being killed doesnt change morality of the act.
    It completely can. Example: Hitler, Gandhi.

the act itself is morally wrong and denounced.
    Murder is wrong, for the most part...though if I could murder Hitler before his rise to power I suppose I'd just have to live with it.

Wrapped up with our Putin apologist...

The CIA report was wrong, and that's the point. The CIA can get it wrong, and based on the latest research, it appears that perhaps their position on Russia hacking the DNC computers are likewise wrong.
    It's not just the CIA and it's not a best guestimate situation. I've noted sources who obtained Putin's agenda. I've noted the involvement of other agencies, their agreement, the agreement of the Senate oversight. I'm fine with that being my part. Let the readers look at my link from the Washington post, consider the Senate report I noted, and understand that a party with little to gain from it has been arm in arm with its opponent across the aisle in consideration and response.

PJ decided to contemplate his public navel...

Many of you may have noticed, my rhetoric has picked up in the last 6 months. I use harsh language and ridiculous statements. I do it on purpose to mirror the left. That's why I call them radical left wing extremist terrorists, just to sound as ridiculous as the democrats. Trump is doing a fine job and the dems hate it
    Well, he's doing a fine job of pulling the Democrats together...but I don't think that's really in his job description.

Then gave it up for lint... So I tried to help him communicate more effectively with another poster...
    Wrong, you brainwashed jackass. "The folks" who did? Plural? How stupid can you be? Show me where he supports them liar.
    I think what PJ's autocorrect is malfunctioning again. Here's what he appeared to say and what I think he meant to say:

Wrong, you brainwashed jackass.
    No, that's unfounded, you stubborn guy you.

How stupid can you be?
    I believe you've been misinformed.

Show me where he supports them
    Could you quote the president condoning racial violence in the past or present?

liar
    (.) Or maybe he was starting another bit on ancient musical instruments. It's a tough one to read.

Autocorrect is wrong so often they should make it an app at Fox News.

Before...
    Donald Trump is human,
    It's a hard point to argue against.

he isn't a polished wordsmith.
    Even harder.

He genuinely loves and cares about this country and wants every American to succeed,
    I'd agree he wants every American he approves of to succeed. I don't think he cares about all sorts of people though. CNN employees, for one.

There are two evil, violent sides to this, Town.
    Yeah, I don't agree there at all. I think there are two sides willing to employ the wrong methods, but I don't equate the moral position of those opposing White Supremacy with the White Supremacist. I can see where someone whose grandparents were in a Nazi prison camp might think meeting this new batch of Brown Shirts before they're stronger is the necessary thing to do. I also think they're wrong, that this is a different nation than that Germany...but then, maybe those Germans thought they were better too.

Had a word about bird perches with dr...
    All this because of statues...
    In a sense. We built memorials commemorating those who fought to preserve a slave state. It was one way to sooth feathers of the loser way back when, or a way to romanticize and feel better about something that didn't merit it, or the ultimate passive/aggressive response to losing a war. It's not such a good idea these days. Or if it is my South really has a lesson to learn about graciousness in defeat...and slavery, of course.

Answered on a talking point related to Charlottesville...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    Disagreed that the president is responsible for violence.
    A person is responsible for their actions. A guy who uses your shotgun to kill his wife is guilty of murder. But if you know they're having marital problems and he has a temper, setting your shotgun against a tree in your back yard might lend you a bit of responsibility of the moral variety.

Or maybe all you did is say, "Women" and give him that exasperated look of understanding. That appears to be what the lunatic fringe sees in Trump. And he knows it because it's been there for a while. A thing that should make a man of parts set a different rhetorical course.

Like I said, their increasing presence is a good thing, in order for us to clean up the mess.
    How is that being done and by whom? It's a bit like suggesting that it's a good idea to get people to leave their doors unlocked at night so we can get a real clear shot at rounding up thieves.

I reject that he is responsible in any way for violence somebody else perpetrated,especially since he wasn't there and had nothing to do with the thing.
    Proximity and causality aren't always related, though again, I'm speaking to a broader moral responsibility and not a criminal liability.

Continued to call chrys out on his Russian loving Trump switch flip...

I voted republican
    Not if you didn't vote for Trump, which you declared you weren't, excoriating those who planned to take your old advice in the process.

So are you being dishonest now or were you being dishonest then?

Went to the movies with GM, sort of...
    It's time to check out the 1970s movie, "The Omega Man" with Charlton Heston. I believe you'll find a parallel between this film and what's going on today. Charlton Heston represents the Conservatives (Which he was in real life) and the people infected by a virus represent "The Far Left-wing" Antifaswho fill the streets, bringing violence, perpetrating anarchy, and starting fires.
    I liked him in Planet of the Apes. But there he was the liberal and the conservatives were mostly angry monkeys, which is more resonant today, given the power structure. And how much additional makeup would it take for Trump to star as an orangutan?

It certainly has a peel. . .

Then GM said...
    The "Fake News" is allergic to the word, "BOTH." That's the word President Trump uses when blaming the "Alt-Left and the Alt-Right for the riot in Virginia. The left-wing libs don't like the idea that, Antifa shares the blame along with the KKK, etc. After all, it takes two to tangle, right?
    In attempting to establish moral equivalency between the the two groups all Trump managed was to underscore his own lack of moral compass and distinction.

Tomorrow? Phrases that don't pay, once more into the broached, dear friends, and word disassociation with chrys.

Pro-Life

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 20th, 2017),Eagles Wings (August 22nd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Sunday

An early chrys appearance promised six more years of waffling...
    fake news -
    Smoke and mirrors.

- the hand is quicker than the eye
    And nearly everyone is quicker than the alt right.

- now you see it - now you don't
    Trump's promises/Trump's results.

- while you are watching the one hand - the other is doing its job -
    Wash your hands thoroughly before leaving the restroom...or shaking hands with the president.

CS weighed in on Charlottesville...at about an ounce, ounce and a half...
    As the “Unite the Right” crowd was dispersing, they were forced by the police into the path of the peace-loving, rock-throwing, fire-spraying antifa...That’s when protestor James Fields sped his car into a crowd of the counter-protesters, then immediately hit reverse, injuring dozens of people, and killing one woman, Heather Heyer. This has been universally labeled “terrorism,” but we still don’t know whether Fields hit the gas accidentally, was in fear for his life, or if he rammed the group intentionally and maliciously.
    The fellow who loved Nazis and was abusive to his own mother might be a misunderstood victim in this? That's your go-to? Great.

With any luck, we’ll unravel Fields’ motives faster than it took the Obama administration to discern the motives of a Muslim shouting “Allahu Akbar!” while gunning down soldiers at Fort Hood. (Six years.)
    And to further muddy the waters you're dragging a politicized version of the deaths of American servicemen from several years ago into it, along with the president and Muslims? Nice.

The media think they already know all there is to know about James Fields, but they also thought they knew all about the Duke lacrosse players, “gentle giant” Michael Brown, and those alleged gang-rapists at the University of Virginia.
    It's one thing to take the word of one person against a number of people with no corroboration. This wasn't that.

Answered an excellent question...
    I blame all sides and the neo-nazis and KKK specifically. However the counterprotesters certainly had their hand in the violence. What else could he say at this point? He said what needed to be said in my opinion. All sides should share the blame, specifically the neo-nazis and the KKK elements that started it all.
    How about, instead, "Everyone who used violence except in self defense or the defense of others should be prosecuted and I condemn that conduct. That said, there is no moral equivalency between those who promote racist, separatist views and those who oppose them. Racism and the division it breeds is a cancer on the national soul and I fundamentally and without reservation condemn it."

Because the appearance of equivalence is both wrong and impactful. And that's what he did in between the more robotic reading of someone else's talking-point, cover-your-posterior boilerplate.

Or two...
    Can politics really provide a solution to our problems, or is it the cause?
    Is the law a solution for crime or is it the cause? The answer is that you can't legislate the right outcome for either, but you can use the power of both to move our understanding and make a better outcome more and more likely, so long as both are just.

And it was story time again...
    Perhaps that was the case in one incident but it seems to me the vast majority of violence was started by antifa and BLM against the original protestors.
    And yet, in support of that contention you only point to one incident.

My point is the CNN etc.. are saying it's ok that they started the violence because they believed they were fighting fascists.
    I haven't seen or read that, so you'll have to direct me to verification on the point.
    But he never did.

Then...
    It's God's will that the uk an Europe be overrun with muzzies
    Mighty alt-right of you.

Set out an answer to Trump's "Where does it end?" lament relating to the CONfederate monument removal...

For the president to seriously suggest an equivalence in advancing this domino theory [first Confederate monuments/later the Washington monument, etc.] is to compound his prior lapse of judgment and bring into further and serious question his ability to lead us through this dangerous period in American history, let alone unify his people.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    He was probably watching Fox News before saying that.
    Well, we know he probably wasn't reading a history book.

This has to be what my grandfather felt like when he watched men land on the moon...how is it possible? If in a completely different way, of course.

Then GM hit the head on the nail...or at least his own...
    I just watched a video where a group of people was standing around the grave of a Confederate General and one of the guys was starting to dig up the corpse and asking for others to help him. The scene was worthy of a Steven King story or an Edgar Allen Poe short story. Is this what America is coming to?
    Yes. That's exactly it, what you have to worry about. Americans all across this land travelling as if on pilgrimage to locate and dig up confederate generals. . . it may become more popular than soccer.

Will we continue to see the destruction of monuments/statues and the desecration of graves of people, long dead?
    You should start a list commemorating the scores of disinterred Confederate generals so we can all ponder it with solemnity, head shaking, and a sense of ineffable loss.

I mean if there's ever an actual instance to report, of course..

Then dr was back, but not mostly...
    LOL!!! Well I know what the civil war was about.....you can cite state declarations till the cows come home, and make excuses for Lincoln all you want. If that is what floats your boat...
    Yes, dr, facts float my boat. What the men who launched that war said about why they launched it, by way of...but your creative revisionist take is fun too.

And PJ cornered the economical Mt. Rushmore with...
    Confederate Generals -
    Robert E. Lee
    Stonewall Jackson
    James Longstreet
    Nathan Bedford Forrest
    Which has the added benefit of doubling for: "Most Widely Commemorated Losers."

So that's a twofer right there.

Before...
    To bad facts are not on your side.
    They not only are, you noted it when you dismissed the words of the states as they withdrew.

You just cant admit both sides were wrong can you for their own sins in this matter.
    I have more than once noted the foibles and failures of our founders on the issue of slavery. I have been hard on the failures of Jefferson, Washington and others, have noted the enrichment of the North in the old molasses to rum to slave complicity.

But at the end of all that, we have one attempt to raise an expanding state predicated on the most degrading inhumanity visited on man, set against the end of it. Whatever the many faults and regardless of the disparate motives involved, there is in that end an absolute good set against an absolute evil.

And only the ignorant or willfully errant will play the tune of moral equivalence in that dance. You don't belong on that side of things, dr. You never did.
    So sue me. I'm an optimist.

Tomorrow? Troubles and who has them, history lessons, and a whole lot of white noise...

Pro-Life

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 20th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The Wrap
    on Tuesday

aCW took a step back with...
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    It just so happens that there are many homosexuals within the white supremacist movement.
    Were that true at least their outfits would look better, so you lost me there.

Things got serious with kmo...
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    What sacred honor and what would the South rising again look like?
    Probably something like...
    Spoiler

Got to know the new guy better...

You must be the most unracist person to ever live.
    ...I grew up being taken care of by two of the best people I've ever known. Junior kept our grounds and Bell, his wife, was my nanny. Once I came home from a first week at school using an unfamiliar word, using it to scorn my older brother, because the word had seemed to light a fire under friends who met it. Bell heard me use it and I saw something in her eyes that educated me before I knew exactly what I'd done. I loved that woman.

I don't give a tinker's damn what you make of that, PJ. Or how or why you judge me on the point.

You're such a great man.
    No, just a very lucky one. I'd wish it on anyone.

You wouldn't be caught dead living in a black or slightly black neighborhood
    I spent nearly all of my legal career and most of any given day working for and among the poorest black people you'll never meet. It's okay to be ignorant, PJ, but only if you don't let it rule you and you mean to cure it.

Considered the monument conversation...
    A good friend of mine said to me that there are more important things going on in the world to trouble and move us than 100 year old statues.

And I said, "But isn't it good that we never have to choose between being compassionate or just, fair or kind, or between the lesser and greater of goods, that we can do every good we can do, the great and the small in turn. And each of them, every one of them, is a service to God."
    So he told me to go hang myself. I left that part off the feel better version.

Had better luck with WoZ...so far...
    George Washington owned slaves. Should we tear monuments to him down? I think that's the point he's trying to make (without reading too much into what he said).
    He's making a bad point then, WoZ. A friend of mine said that to me the other day. I reminded him that the monuments to Washington and Jefferson aren't in support or recognition of their status as slave owners. They're about a nation's gratitude for service in the founding and preservation of the Republic.

The statues of Confederate generals serve something else, the effort to preserve and advance slavery. We shouldn't memorialize that institution or service to it.

And now...a baby's response to Trump's Charlottesville speech in real time.

Before CS rode in on his own dead horse to take Lee's place...
    I don't know of any monuments to evil being taken down.
    Your ignorance isn't a point of debate.
    Though to be fairer to Lee, at least he knew better, even if he didn't act on it.

Then GM had a wicked post in his blog...
    The Police in Boston had to clash with a bunch of mixed Thugs such as Antifa, and Black Lives Matter today.
    27 arrests out of what they estimate was around 40k people.

To put GM's figure and peculiar attempt to taint the people there opposing the racist White Nationalist rally in perspective, the Chargers get around 25 arrests on average during game day at the stadium.

So two more arrests than that.

This image from Yahoo more accurately portrays the utter turmoil that GM is talking about...
    Spoiler

And the new kid said...

Too bad you have trouble finding and understanding the truth
    Pick one of the truths and debate me or you're just white noise.

Nobody can debate you because you twist it to look like you won every time.
    Ah, your dog ate your homework.

Why does it have to be "white" noise?
    Because I have a sense of humor.

Tomorrow? Not so viva some differences, the usual suspects defend the indefensible (either), and the Alt Right defenders prove that manufacturing is a long way from dead in this country.

Pro-Life

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 22nd, 2017),Eagles Wings (August 22nd, 2017),Rusha (August 22nd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,926 Times in 11,144 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Do me a favor Elton, don't use my posts in your self absorbed thread here. This thread's only purpose is feed your massive ego, to make you look witty and funny with superior intelligence as you belittle others. I don't want friends like you, control freaks with left wing agendas
    Last edited by patrick jane; August 22nd, 2017 at 05:04 PM.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Do me a favor Elton...
    I just stopped reading there... Look, it's simple. If someone calls you a loathsome thing and I'm silent I'm not much of a friend to you. If someone does it and I encourage it, I'm no friend at all...to either of you and everyone is better off where they should be on the point.

That simple really. Take care of yourself. I'm glad you culled the profanity, if it was here. Wherever it was you were noting. That's a good thing.

Pro-Life

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 23rd, 2017),Rusha (August 23rd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,926 Times in 11,144 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Weird. Mostly PJ reps me and enjoyed his inclusion in the thread he's turned an about face to...anyway, I'd rather you take one stand or another. No more public insults and private apologies. No rep one week and demand another. And the Elton bit. I already did you a favor. I hope you see that one of these. In the meantime, take care of yourself.
    I AM sorry for how you deserve to be treated. It seems you've been coddled all your life
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I AM sorry for how you deserve to be treated. It seems you've been coddled all your life
    As with the sad comments on race, you continue to be led by your need and not your noggin. You literally don't know what you're talking about. Again.

Pro-Life

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

Rusha (August 23rd, 2017)

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,040 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Wrap
    on Tuesday

aCW took a step back with...
    HOMO-FASCISM AFTER HITLER
    http://www.defendthefamily.com/pfrc/...on_-_final.htm
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Thread Information