User Tag List

Page 201 of 202 FirstFirst ... 101151191198199200201202 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3016

Thread: Town Quixote's

  1. #3001
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    16,940
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,480 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147770
    Today's Wrap is a couple of posts behind this one.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  2. #3002
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    16,940
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,480 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147770
    The Wrap
    on Friday



    CS decided to actually try to defend on...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    I believed it was all over right wing media and in print. How is that lying.
    You're missing an important point: why?

    Why would you believe it, not having actually read or heard it?

    Why would you believe it so strongly that not only did you assert it, but asserted it was "all over" right wing media?

    Why did you feel so strongly that you could assert it and insult me for not "knowing" what wasn't there to be known?

    There's really not a good answer to that, is there. I have been mistaken on inference before, gotten facts wrong. It happens to all of us. People recalling an accident will get all sorts of details wrong.

    They don't, however, tend to get the fact that there was an accident wrong.


    The old slippery moral slope to legalized pedophilia was batted about and eventually...
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    I wager you right now: somewhere there will be (at the very least) a serious attempt to relax it within our lifetimes, and successful or not the snowball will start to roll downhill.
    Imagine away. In the meantime no one who wants to try this line of advance can move it against the clear history of strengthening laws to protect children and the clear and fundamental element of consent that has been strengthened by scientific advancement, a thing whose overturn would require a fundamental degradation of the foundation of law that protects power. And power, moral questions aside, will always protect its interest.

    While in the Cub Reporters thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    [redacted book cover]
    I believe you're looking for the Book Club thread...or the poor sport thread. Either one will likely do.

    So CS set this gem out (post in its entirety)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    Try to have peace in any western country where the Muslim population has broken 20%.

    I answered with Turkey, but it was a poor attempt given relatively recent upheavals. Then I noted something that made the whole point funny:
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    List the Western countries with a Muslim population over 20%.

    He answered...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    What are the Muslim populations of Sweden and Germany?
    About 5.8% in Germany and about 4.6 in Sweden. Or, there isn't a Western country with a Muslim population of 20%. France has about 7.5%, Bulgaria is around 13%. If you consider Cyprus Western then they're at around 25% and they're in the peaceful ranks, ranked 72 out of 162 countries.

    Point ended. Except we're dealing with CS, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    Bulgaria is an anomaly.
    Any Western country with a large Muslim population (using your metric) is an anomaly. But the two that would qualify under your criteria are both two of the most peaceful countries in the world.

    I know that doesn't serve your bias, but it serves the truth.

    PJ was standing by the man...
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Trump works on the golf course, meeting with world leaders and making good progress.
    Reminds me of the scene from Something About Mary where the people being rounded up at the rest stop all claim to have been in the bushes peeing. . . very funny scene.

    The travel expenses?
    Right. He's on pace to blow by Obama on that one too. And that's before we get into his wife spending almost the amount needed to nationally fund the arts so she can stay in New York.

    Elections have consequences.
    They do. And some of them...some of them are very funny.

    Trump can spend whatever he wants !!
    Now you sound like a Democrat.

    GM was back on a favored topic of speculation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    I'll bet TH sits and giggles incessantly at his own brand of Shtick.
    I bet you spend waay too much time thinking about me.

    And...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Ole TH is still spreading his "Liberal Agenda." Never say die.
    I'm not going to comment on what you're spreading, but let's just hope you aren't trying to make a sandwich out of it.

    Speaking of politicians...
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You notice Melania Trump isn't allowed to keep her child in school without being accused of wasting money on the "arts".
    Here's what the truth looks like from her fun house sentence: Melania staying in New York is going to cost about as much money as the National Arts endowment would.

    If Trump feels like he has to cut that out of the budget maybe he should tell Melania that they have schools in Washington too and keep the funding. I know, he'd miss his friends. I'm sure the last occupant's children had to leave a few of theirs behind too. That sucks, but it's better than losing the arts endowment, buttercup.

    Then CS posted an empty one...I mean literally too...and when I chuckled on the point...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    So you take advantage of me in the middle of building a post before it's done?
    Good grief man, is anything ever your fault?

    Here's a novel idea for you, next time before you hit "post" make sure you've actually written something.

    Is that part of your so called maturity?
    We can't all be as mature as you.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    ...you are a MSM sycophant/ sheep, that info would never make contact with your consciousness.
    Okay, I suppose we can.

    Tomorrow? More with Yor, Stripe can't change his and CS is back to double down on Islam. Stay tuned.

    Editorial Bonus: Happy Birthday AB!
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 14th, 2017),Eagles Wings (April 14th, 2017),Foxfire (April 14th, 2017),Rusha (April 20th, 2017)

  4. #3003
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    10,136
    Thanks
    3,076
    Thanked 2,910 Times in 1,939 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147683
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  5. #3004
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    16,940
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,480 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147770
    The Wrap
    on Thursday


    So GM said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Don't you find yourself, something of a bore? I mean, in a tearing sort of way.
    Do you find yourself bored? I mean in a torn sort of way.

    Took up refugee issues with CS...

    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    These refugees are not simply fleeing for their lives, else you would see other people besides young men.
    Cite to any authority that the refugees fleeing into Europe entirely or even mostly young men.

    I'll wait while that doesn't happen.

    Your two western examples do not absolve any muslim problem.
    There isn't a Muslim problem, only a refugee problem. The two countries that defy your attempt make that plain enough. [western nations with large Muslim populations noted among the most peaceful nations on earth]

    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    A clear rebuttal of a semi formed idea that is not up to the microscopic chicanery of a lawyer.
    It's a rebuttal of the point you made. How long are people supposed to wait until they know you've written something you actually stand behind?

    As you helped me toward my final, finished product unwittingly, I will narrow my scope.
    If you get any narrower you're going to disappear. And "scope" isn't how you spell escape.

    Continued with Yor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorzhik View Post
    Throughout history the Jews never proselytized by the sword. The Muslims, OTOH, have open commands to murder unbelievers and apostates.
    Either you or most of Islam doesn't understand something about Islam, because that's just not how it has worked under actual Islamic control outside of a sliver of rabid and largely rejected extremists. I'm going to bet against you on that.

    You don't have to mention that muslims do most of the dieing when muslims are out killing.
    That almost sounds reasonable, but then it really sounds like stepping over a point because it's not aligned with the picture you mean to paint. Again, Muslims are largely opposing the fanatics you seem determined to paint as the rule. But the opposition by Islam to them speaks against your efforts.

    That doesn't prove your point. It only shows that muslims have an easier time getting to apostates than unbelievers.
    A point utterly undone by the absence of those efforts within any of the nations opposing ISIS.

    If you tell me Stalinist Russia was a good place, I'll respond by confirming your position with "sure, it was a workers paradise."
    That would be an inaccurate stretch, but more than a great stone's throw from taking this:

    "Islam once controlled a great deal of southern Europe and the Christians and Jews living there were not killed or converted."

    And claiming I equated it with a "paradise".
    .

    Lamented the state of commercial tv...
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Saw a quick ad for the CBS show Scorpion. Maybe a ten second promo, if that, and one of the characters mentions the lead is a "genius". So I turned to my wife and said, "You know why they have to keep telling you that the show is filled with geniuses? Because the writer's room isn't."

    Wrapped up my attempt to have an actual conversation with Stipe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    If you don't respect the fact that she said what she said, you're in no position to tell her that she is evil.
    All you need to rebut someone is logic, which has particular form, and language, which has particular meaning. If they're missing one or using neither then you're really speaking to the gallery, because a person who insists on redefining a concept to suit themself and can't reason their way through an actual argument is never going to see anything more than their shadow or throw more than that at you. Trying to accommodate irrationality, legitimizing a distorted approach, doesn't do the other person any real favor.

    I claim to be a fundamentalist and a right winger and I do not call myself a conservative.
    It's only problematic if you say you are those first two things but you are not the latter. Not saying something won't confuse anyone on the point. But every time you make the claim of being the first two and reject the latter most of the people you speak it to will scratch their heads and wonder what in the world you're talking about. You bring each of the words out of focus, since at that point no one can reasonably know what you mean about any of them.

    And then...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    Hey!!!!! Bulgaria was a former Islamic state.
    So was Spain. And we were once subjects of the Crown.

    And town wants to put them on the same level as France, Germany, and Sweden as far as recent incursions into WESTERN Nations??????Can you spell dishonest?
    I got Bulgaria from a list of Western nations. Its a member of the EU, as is Cyprus. Link

    Set out a few bits to make a point about glory and GM leaning over the fence and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    You missed your calling, you should have been a P.I.
    You should have been an internet mime.

    I must admit, I wouldn't have gotten this involved in something so trivial.
    If that's how you characterize your posting who am I to dispute it?

    Fool was back on the election trail...
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    We didn't have a popular vote.
    We really did. They counted it state by state. It just didn't determine anything in sum. It only mattered in bits and pieces.

    I'll be saying this for at least four years.
    People say all sorts of crazy things for longer than that.

    While Fox & Friends brought me to a lamentable truth...

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade reciprocated [Trump's] praise the next morning, saying Trump “looked bigger than the superpower which he’s representing.”

    The more I think about that the more I'm convinced that between Brian and me I'm the only one who did.

    Tomorrow? Competency, restraining orders and someone is basking in a lot of glory.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 20th, 2017)

  7. #3005
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,896
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 6,796 Times in 5,506 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147782
    Conversations require respect for the other side.

    You only have time for your narrative.

    And ending a conversation by raising it elsewhere is not ending it.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  8. #3006
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    16,940
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,480 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147770
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Conversations require respect for the other side.
    "They really don't," said the one guy to Hitler, by way of example.

    You only have time for your narrative.
    Who's narrative do you think you're pushing?

    And ending a conversation by raising it elsewhere is not ending it.
    I already gave you the last word. No one who reads Quixote's is required to accept any part of it and is free to follow the link to where I walked away and left you the floor to say God knows what.

    Are you really this insecure?

    Remarkable.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  9. #3007
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,896
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 6,796 Times in 5,506 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147782
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    They really don't.
    They really do.

    Without respect, it is not a conversation.

    Who's narrative do you think you're pushing?
    Mine.

    You haven't thought this through at all, have you?

    The key is respect. Everyone has their own narrative, but without respect, that's all you have.

    I already gave you the last word.
    I don't want the last word.

    I want a sensible conversation.

    No one who reads Quixote's is required to accept any part of it and is free to follow the link to where I walked away and left you the floor to say God knows what.
    That's nice.

    Are you really this insecure?

    Remarkable.

    Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  10. #3008
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,896
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 6,796 Times in 5,506 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147782
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Hitler.
    Showing that you aren't willing to consider the explanations I have offered is no way to advance a conversation.

    You know what I mean. Even if you do not like the way I am using the word, pretending I mean what I would not say shows only that you are determined to disagree with everything.

    Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  11. #3009
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    16,940
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,480 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147770
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    They really do. Without respect, it is not a conversation.
    I believe you believe that. I've told you what I believe. Nothing fruitful will come of repeating that sort of thing, which is one reason I left you to the censorship thread.

    Mine.You haven't thought this through at all, have you?
    I think you're talking to yourself there.

    I don't want the last word.
    And yet, given it, you come here to have it again (and again, apparently) since you continue to beat the same drum.

    I want a sensible conversation.
    No, you want agreement or capitulation. That's why you're here now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Showing that you aren't willing to consider the explanations I have offered is no way to advance a conversation.
    I believe I gave you more than ample consideration. What I didn't give you was agreement or capitulation.

    You know what I mean. Even if you do not like the way I am using the word, pretending I mean what I would not say shows only that you are determined to disagree with everything.
    I'm not pretending. I don't know, can't know precisely what you mean by anything given your tendency to insist on the right to alter a convention. It's one reason I left it to you.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  12. #3010
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    16,940
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,480 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147770
    For those tuning in expecting your regularly scheduled programming:

    The Wrap
    on Thursday


    So GM said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Don't you find yourself, something of a bore? I mean, in a tearing sort of way.
    Do you find yourself bored? I mean in a torn sort of way.

    Took up refugee issues with CS...

    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    These refugees are not simply fleeing for their lives, else you would see other people besides young men.
    Cite to any authority that the refugees fleeing into Europe entirely or even mostly young men.

    I'll wait while that doesn't happen.

    Your two western examples do not absolve any muslim problem.
    There isn't a Muslim problem, only a refugee problem. The two countries that defy your attempt make that plain enough. [western nations with large Muslim populations noted among the most peaceful nations on earth]

    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    A clear rebuttal of a semi formed idea that is not up to the microscopic chicanery of a lawyer.
    It's a rebuttal of the point you made. How long are people supposed to wait until they know you've written something you actually stand behind?

    As you helped me toward my final, finished product unwittingly, I will narrow my scope.
    If you get any narrower you're going to disappear. And "scope" isn't how you spell escape.

    Continued with Yor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorzhik View Post
    Throughout history the Jews never proselytized by the sword. The Muslims, OTOH, have open commands to murder unbelievers and apostates.
    Either you or most of Islam doesn't understand something about Islam, because that's just not how it has worked under actual Islamic control outside of a sliver of rabid and largely rejected extremists. I'm going to bet against you on that.

    You don't have to mention that muslims do most of the dieing when muslims are out killing.
    That almost sounds reasonable, but then it really sounds like stepping over a point because it's not aligned with the picture you mean to paint. Again, Muslims are largely opposing the fanatics you seem determined to paint as the rule. But the opposition by Islam to them speaks against your efforts.

    That doesn't prove your point. It only shows that muslims have an easier time getting to apostates than unbelievers.
    A point utterly undone by the absence of those efforts within any of the nations opposing ISIS.

    If you tell me Stalinist Russia was a good place, I'll respond by confirming your position with "sure, it was a workers paradise."
    That would be an inaccurate stretch, but more than a great stone's throw from taking this:

    "Islam once controlled a great deal of southern Europe and the Christians and Jews living there were not killed or converted."

    And claiming I equated it with a "paradise".
    .

    Lamented the state of commercial tv...
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Saw a quick ad for the CBS show Scorpion. Maybe a ten second promo, if that, and one of the characters mentions the lead is a "genius". So I turned to my wife and said, "You know why they have to keep telling you that the show is filled with geniuses? Because the writer's room isn't."

    Wrapped up my attempt to have an actual conversation with Stipe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    If you don't respect the fact that she said what she said, you're in no position to tell her that she is evil.
    All you need to rebut someone is logic, which has particular form, and language, which has particular meaning. If they're missing one or using neither then you're really speaking to the gallery, because a person who insists on redefining a concept to suit themself and can't reason their way through an actual argument is never going to see anything more than their shadow or throw more than that at you. Trying to accommodate irrationality, legitimizing a distorted approach, doesn't do the other person any real favor.

    I claim to be a fundamentalist and a right winger and I do not call myself a conservative.
    It's only problematic if you say you are those first two things but you are not the latter. Not saying something won't confuse anyone on the point. But every time you make the claim of being the first two and reject the latter most of the people you speak it to will scratch their heads and wonder what in the world you're talking about. You bring each of the words out of focus, since at that point no one can reasonably know what you mean about any of them.

    And then...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    Hey!!!!! Bulgaria was a former Islamic state.
    So was Spain. And we were once subjects of the Crown.

    And town wants to put them on the same level as France, Germany, and Sweden as far as recent incursions into WESTERN Nations??????Can you spell dishonest?
    I got Bulgaria from a list of Western nations. Its a member of the EU, as is Cyprus. Link

    Set out a few bits to make a point about glory and GM leaning over the fence and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    You missed your calling, you should have been a P.I.
    You should have been an internet mime.

    I must admit, I wouldn't have gotten this involved in something so trivial.
    If that's how you characterize your posting who am I to dispute it?

    Fool was back on the election trail...
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    We didn't have a popular vote.
    We really did. They counted it state by state. It just didn't determine anything in sum. It only mattered in bits and pieces.

    I'll be saying this for at least four years.
    People say all sorts of crazy things for longer than that.

    While Fox & Friends brought me to a lamentable truth...

    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade reciprocated [Trump's] praise the next morning, saying Trump “looked bigger than the superpower which he’s representing.”

    The more I think about that the more I'm convinced that between Brian and me I'm the only one who did.

    Tomorrow? Competency, restraining orders and someone is basking in a lot of glory.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 20th, 2017)

  14. #3011
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    16,940
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,480 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147770
    Editorial Bonus Section:

    So Stripe rolled through here the other day lamenting the absence of serious conversation and respect punctuated my efforts in the Censorship thread. I thought, maybe what I need to look at is what Stripe counts as respect. Maybe I've overlooked something in his approach and need to regroup.

    This post and thread of his began a Tweet about the difficult job of an attorney defending the rights of someone charged with a serious crime when just about everyone inclined would rather get a rope. His title and quote follow:

    This lawyer's headed for hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    I'm not glad lawyers exist.
    But I thought, well, meet a hostile, assumptive declaration with a meat. Invite repartee, but in relation to a deeper look than was afforded by the two lines he proffered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    The job of the defense attorney is to protect the rights of his client within proscribed ethical boundaries established in canon. The job of the prosecuting attorney is to pursue conviction within the measure of the law and canon. The job of the judge is to see that due process is served and/or to decide the facts of the case if no jury is empanelled. Else, his job will be to preside over that process, to keep the lawyers within bounds and to explain to a jury of peers, who will sit in judgment on the facts, their obligations before the law.

    When everyone in that process does their jobs justice will likely be served. The lawyer's only mistake was to appear on Tucker's show. To say the lawyer is hell bound is just irresponsible nonsense. To say you're not glad that lawyers exist is simply to propound an ignorant bias.

    But that's your right. A right framed by and protected by the people you don't like. Go figure.
    This was the "respectful" and meaningful conversation Stripe met that effort with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    The job of a Nazi guard was to gas Jews.
    That's right. He compared defending your rights to gassing Jews. R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to him.

    Or to let my friend rebut himself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    It's just a word. "Respect." You have no idea what it means and are utterly unwilling to show any grace.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  15. #3012
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,896
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 6,796 Times in 5,506 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147782
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Editorial Bonus Section:

    So Stripe rolled through here the other day lamenting the absence of serious conversation and respect punctuated my efforts in the Censorship thread. I thought, maybe what I need to look at is what Stripe counts as respect. Maybe I've overlooked something in his approach and need to regroup.

    This post and thread of his began a Tweet about the difficult job of an attorney defending the rights of someone charged with a serious crime when just about everyone inclined would rather get a rope. His title and quote follow:

    This lawyer's headed for hell


    But I thought, well, meet a hostile, assumptive declaration with a meat. Invite repartee, but in relation to a deeper look than was afforded by the two lines he proffered.


    This was the "respectful" and meaningful conversation Stripe met that effort with.


    That's right. He compared defending your rights to gassing Jews. R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to him.

    Or to let my friend rebut himself:
    Nope.

    The point being made was simple.

    Try again.

    Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    ok doser (April 21st, 2017)

  17. #3013
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    16,940
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,480 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147770
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post

    The point being made was simple.

    Try again.
    Nope. You're wrong and hypocritical on the point. Do better.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  18. #3014
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,896
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 6,796 Times in 5,506 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147782
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Nope. You're wrong and hypocritical on the point. Do better.
    What point?

    Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  19. #3015
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    16,940
    Thanks
    1,928
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,480 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147770
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    What point?
    You mean I finally got you to admit you don't know what you're talking about?
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us