User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Real Science Radio: A Long Time Ago, In a Galaxy Too Far Away

  1. #16
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,289
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 5,631 Times in 4,655 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1515647
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukia View Post
    Anyone else hear those crickets???
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    Who holds your freedom?
    Who holds your liberty?

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

    Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

  2. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    French Pyrenees.
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    124
    Point, Professor?

  3. #18
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,792
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Ah Stripe, you never fail. I come up with a specific suggestion, even suggested a specific experimental animal, that one of the creation scientists can use, given current technology to blow evolution and a long time scale out of the water and all I get is one of your icons.
    "Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight in vain", G. Smiley

    "Send money, guns and lawyers..." W. Zevon

    "If it is possible for something to happen, that is evidence that it did happen." Stripe on TOL

    "There but for fortune...", P. Ochs

  4. #19
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,289
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 5,631 Times in 4,655 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1515647
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukia View Post
    Ah Stripe, you never fail. I come up with a specific suggestion, even suggested a specific experimental animal, that one of the creation scientists can use, given current technology to blow evolution and a long time scale out of the water and all I get is one of your icons.
    Julia.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    Who holds your freedom?
    Who holds your liberty?

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

    Nominate POTYs. See this thread.

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    French Pyrenees.
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Julia.
    I see the Professor is maintaining his usual high standard of debate.

  6. #21
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by Frayed Knot View Post
    Wow, in the last 4,000 years, lions and tigers have diverged from a common ancestor, and possibly all the cats descend from a single "kind" that Noah took aboard the ark. I guess all the bears were represented by a single "bear kind" on the ark as well!

    What that means is that creationists believe in not just evolution, but a souped-up hyper-evolution on steroids. If you believe that tigers and lions diverged into their present states in just 4,000 years, you should have no trouble at all in accepting that all vertebrates diverged from a common ancestor in the last few hundred million years. In fact, at the rate they apparently believe, creationists should expect that all the vertebrates could evolve in less than a million years.
    Check in to Dog breeding sometime. You would be amazed at what they have done with breeds in just a few years. Not 4000 years!

  7. #22
    You're reading it wrong. gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,201
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 379 Times in 261 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    325582
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Check in to Dog breeding sometime. You would be amazed at what they have done with breeds in just a few years. Not 4000 years!
    Not 4000 years, more like 7000 (certainty) to 30 000 (earliest evidence)years, depending on the amount of archaeological evidence you want.
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    French Pyrenees.
    Posts
    323
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Check in to Dog breeding sometime. You would be amazed at what they have done with breeds in just a few years. Not 4000 years!
    Yep, and give your pedigrees free range to mate as they choose and pretty soon all you'll have is mutts. Whereas you can give mutts free range to mate and find you'll wait a long time before you'll see a dachshund.
    Last edited by Lordkalvan; March 7th, 2013 at 03:24 AM.

  9. #24
    TOL Subscriber lightbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    682
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Frayed Knot View Post
    It's patently obvious that it's shallow on the left, and deeper on the right. Not sure what your point was by posting it.
    What?
    Do not go gentile into that good night. D.Thomas

    Out, Out, Brief Candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more, It is a tale told by an idiot, Full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. W.S.

  10. #25
    Over 2000 post club Alate_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,129
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 72 Times in 49 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    32614
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Check in to Dog breeding sometime. You would be amazed at what they have done with breeds in just a few years. Not 4000 years!
    Dogs can still breed with one another. Can a housecat breed with a lion and produce offspring? Bobcats can't even produce offspring with housecats.

    Did you know the DNA of domestic dogs are all virtually genetically identical despite their different appearance?

    Did you know that's not even close to the case with the cat family?
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

    Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

    The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

    What Darwin Never Knew

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us