User Tag List

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Enyart's "The Plot" is he right?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Spoiler

You really crack me up, Jerry.

I'd forgotten that your confused hybrid (or mix) also includes various of Anderson's 28er-isms, turned into the final word on a thing by you in your "books based" incompetence.

Fact is "books based expert" that all Romans was, was a written form of what Paul had been preaching about and teaching for many years.

He says so in Romans itself (in Romans 1, in Romans 15, and in Romans 16).

Put away your confused Acts 2er / Acts 13er / Acts 28er hybrid, or mix, and get in THE Book.

Romans is nothing more than a written form of things Paul had been preaching and teaching this side of Acts 9 after Israel was concluded Uncircumcision, or under sin with the Gentiles by the end of Acts 7.

At which point, God sealed Israel's Believing Remnant, concluded the rest in Unbelief, and temporarily set aside said Believing Remnant's Hope.

Acts 10 having actually been a witness of a change in the Circumcision/ Uncircumcision distinction: a change that began with the first Jew / Israelite saved - in Uncircumcision - into the Body: Paul, in Acts 9.

All of which was settled many years before Paul laid out in written form (Romans) all that he had been preaching and teaching, long before he wrote Romans...

Acts 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Result?

What God was now doing among the Gentiles via an Apostle of the Gentiles, is heard out.

Acts 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

Result?

Acts 10's intended witness...

Acts 15:13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

Resulting understanding?

That their (the Believing Remnant's) Hope had been delayed...

15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, 15:16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: 15:17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Resulting conclusion?

Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Result?

They were all on the same page about these things by Acts 15.

Which is why he writes of wishing peace upon both groups at the end of Galatians.

This, in the midst of a disruption of that Acts 15 peace.

Which had been disrupted by Judaizers behaving no better towards Paul's Gentile converts, than Peter himself, and even Barnabas, and so on, had behaved towards Paul's Gentile converts.

A peace between them that relies on both their following the same above rule of thumb, or principle...

Galatians 6:12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ. 6:13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Yep - as intended by God: The Law had proven all under sin - "no difference between us and them."

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
    Good old Romans a decade before Paul wrote Romans.

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Paul, would you please quit citing Romans principles in Galatians (and in all your letters prior to, and after Romans) - you're making "books based" Jerry look bad.

Jerry, Jerry, quite, contrary.

You've rendered yourself useless as a witness of these things by your confused Acts 2 / Acts 13 / Acts 28 hybrid, or mix.

Romans 5:6-8.

Note: Peter's "no difference" there in Acts 15: 9 and Acts 15:11 is basically the assertion that both groups having been concluded under sin by the Law, that both are saved on the principle of grace.

Paul reminds Peter and company of this very principle, later, in the following...

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
    Why does Paul counsel Corinthians on the Eucharist, in chapter 11 of his first epistle to them?
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks
    Thanked 8,573 Times in 5,605 Posts

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    You really crack me up, Jerry.
    I guess that you hope that no one noticed that you failed to address the words of Paul where he said that the middle wall of partition between the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers has been broken down.

I guess you just think that those words will just disappear if you ignore them long enough!

All you prove is that you just pick and chose which passages from the Bible you will believe and which ones you will not believe.

And from your response you do not believe what Paul wrote here:

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:13-16).

You can run from these verses but they are not going away!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,667 Times in 28,790 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jerry, I'm not sure I understand why it is that you think Danoh does not believe the middle wall is broken down.

Do you think Israel's believing remnant is no longer Israel's believing remnant, but has become a part of the BOC?

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Jerry, I'm not sure I understand why it is that you think Danoh does not believe the middle wall is broken down.

Do you think Israel's believing remnant is no longer Israel's believing remnant, but has become a part of the BOC?
    Jerry has gone off the flat edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post

Nonsense.
    The ice wall prevents that.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nonsense.
    The ice wall prevents that.
    Just trolling for some hate from Uncle Jerry

Thanks

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because the Scriptures reveal that as a result of the middle wall being broken down between the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers both groups have been made members of the Body of Christ. Danoh denies that the Twelve were made members of the Body of Christ.

The nation of Israel was temporarily cast aside so why would anyone think that the believing remnant remained a part of that nation?

Thanks

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that you agree with me that the Twelve were members of the Body of Christ.

Has Arnold told you otherwise?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Because the Scriptures reveal that as a result of the middle wall being broken down

ERROR
    between the Jewish believers and the Gentile believers THE WALL WAS BETWEEN JEWS (BELIEVERS AND UNBELIEVERS) AND GENTILES. GENTILE BELIEVERS WERE GRANTED ACCESS TO GOD VIA ADHERENCE TO THE MOSAIC LAW.

both groups have been made members of the Body of Christ. Danoh denies that the Twelve were made members of the Body of Christ.

The nation of Israel was temporarily cast aside so why would anyone think that the believing remnant remained a part of that nation?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that you agree with me that the Twelve were members of the Body of Christ.

Has Arnold told you otherwise?
    Got you

Thanks

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got you
    Surf's up, sonny boy!

Are you ready?
    Ready-freddy?
    Ready-steady?
    Let's go!
    It's a summer paradise, crusin' with the boys and girls.
    Surfin' day and night, everybody shootin' the curl.
    Hang five, keep it alive, and lemme jump down low on the toes of the nose.
    Hang ten, hot-doggin' again, let's go!
    Surf's Up!

Hang ten, hot dog!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

intojoy (July 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The remnant is prophesy and the BOC is not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

intojoy (July 10th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,256 Times in 10,840 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

The remnant is prophesy and the BOC is not.
    It seems that Jerry thinks that their role and position were silently revoked (the twelve). The Bible says otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (July 10th, 2018),Tambora (July 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    It seems that Jerry thinks that their role and position were silently revoked (the twelve). The Bible says otherwise.
    I would say that the remnant cannot be the "new man" because the remnant was already established before the new man was established.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Right Divider (July 10th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that the remnant cannot be the "new man" because the remnant was already established before the new man was established.
    All of the Jewish believers at the time when Paul wrote the following words were a part of that remnant and they were baptized into the Body of Christ:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit"
    (1 Cor.12:13).

When Paul speaks of the fact that the middle wall of partition being broken down he is certainly speaking of the remnant out of Israel being made members of the Body of Christ:

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
    (Eph.2:14-16).
    Last edited by Jerry Shugart; July 10th, 2018 at 04:35 PM.

Thread Information