User Tag List

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Enyart's "The Plot" is he right?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,192 Times in 5,348 Posts

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    in that I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, that you may live and multiply; and the Lord your God will bless you in the land which you go to possess.

Whatever you do Jerry, don't admit this is how it was for Israel.
    Yes, if a Jew kept the law perfectly then he could inherit eternal life. But if he sinned just once he was guilty of all:

"But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all" (James 2:9-10).

Since being guilty of all will save no one are you suggesting that in order to be saved the Jews who lived under the law must have lived a sinless life?

Thanks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

You obviously have no understanding of "grace" because you continue to insist that those who lived under the law could not be ssaved apart from works despite the fact that they were saved by grace.
    like you said "they are UNDER the LAW"

we are not

where in Leviticus does God say just kidding you don't have to keep
    these laws its by grace?

the word grace does not even appear in the book of Leviticus

Thanks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by way 2 go
    1Sa 16:14 Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and a harmful spirit from the LORD tormented him.

It is staggering how many people deny this.
    I don't get how people backdate what we have today to the people
    in the dispensation of the law

i wonder if they think everyone had the Holy Spirit back then?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,913 Times in 6,936 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, if a Jew kept the law perfectly then he could inherit eternal life. But if he sinned just once he was guilty of all
    So no grace, got it. No sacrificing the bull without spot or blemish. You remind me of an Obama press conference, it is like an alternate reality.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So no grace, got it.
    I never said that and you know it. Those who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith just as we are:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham" (Ro.4:16).

No sacrificing the bull without spot or blemish. You remind me of an Obama press conference, it is like an alternate reality.
    You remind me of Obama because you judst ignore the things which prove that you are wrong.

Those who lived under the law could not lose their salvation, as witnessed by the following words of the Lord Jesus:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day" (Jn.6:40).

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (Jn.10:37).

You just flat out ignore these words of the Lord Jesus. And you say that the Jews who lived under the law had to do works in order to be saved despite the fact that the Lord Jesus said that faith is all that is needed:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

"And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:47-50).

I can see that no matter how many verses that I quote to prove that the Jews who lived under the law were saved by faith alone and enjoyed eternal security you will believe none of them.
    Last edited by Jerry Shugart; March 15th, 2014 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    the word grace does not even appear in the book of Leviticus
    So what? If it did you would just ignore it as you do the following verse which proves that those who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham" (Ro.4:16).

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said that and you know it. Those who lived under the law were saved by grace through faith just as we are
    If they did not keep the law, if they did not endure to the end, what happens to Israel and their land promise?
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what
    You are every bit the liar that godrulz is.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    I don't get how people backdate what we have today to the people
    in the dispensation of the law

i wonder if they think everyone had the Holy Spirit back then?
    This is your clue as to people aren't "wrong" or "just don't get it". They do.

Quote Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
    Israel/Judaism is pre-cross
    Quote Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
    Jesus.... taught grace.
    Blatant contradictions from many posters.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be nicer if people were not wolves and "wolv-etts", trying to pull people from the faith. So would Saint John W.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Thanks

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they did not keep the law, if they did not endure to the end, what happens to Israel and their land promise?
    The land promises are unconditional.

Why did you not answer the verse which says that those under the law were saved by grace through faith?

You are every bit the liar that godrulz is.
    You just don't like the words which I quoted spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ and instead of even attempting to address them you revert to character assassination.

You should try to learn to act like a grown up.

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did you not answer the verse which says that those under the law were saved by grace through faith?
    Because they are not. All have sinned, I nor any other have said otherwise. Well, yes they did. Jason and William pretend they don't covet.

Acts 5 shows you otherwise.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just don't like the words which I quoted spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ and instead of even attempting to address them you revert to character assassination.

You should try to learn to act like a grown up.
    Sort of like....of your father the devil, brood of vipers, enemy of all unrighteousness, bastard children of the devil.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Thanks

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sort of like....of your father the devil, brood of vipers, enemy of all unrighteousness, bastard children of the devil.
    You know what verses I quoted spoken by the Lord Jesus which proves you wrong. Those who lived under the law could not lose their salvation, as witnessed by the following words of the Lord Jesus:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day" (Jn.6:40).

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (Jn.10:37).

You just flat out ignore these words of the Lord Jesus. And you say that the Jews who lived under the law had to do works in order to be saved despite the fact that the Lord Jesus said that faith is all that is needed:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

"And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:47-50).

You obviously do not have the truth and it is equally obvious that you want no part of the truth. You would rather believe what some men say about the Scriptures than believe what the Scriptures themselves actually say.

Thanks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The land promises are unconditional.
    you are wrong again

Jer 18:9 And if at any time I declare concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will build and plant it,
    Jer 18:10 and if it does evil in my sight, not listening to my voice, then I will relent of the good that I had intended to do to it.

Thread Information