Thanks
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I was more hitting SD here, but if government were to force people to have "accessible stairs" or install slower elevators, that would be an infringement on freedom.
    If the government should control your healthcare as they are doing, why shouldn't they control your food? How about your travel? Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Jn 8:36

Related:

Wide Load Wants to Control Your Food

De Blasio Is Elected New York City Mayor in Landslide
    Last edited by serpentdove; December 2nd, 2013 at 04:40 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    If the government should control your healthcare as they are doing, why shouldn't they control your food? How about your travel? Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10, Jn 8:36

Related:

Wide Load Wants to Control Your Food
    The government is supposed to be US. As in, We the People.

Meaning that if We the People decide we want to make sure that healthcare is accessible and affordable to all then that is our perogative (as the people in every other first world democratic nation on the planet have decided that healthcare is a basic right that all are entitled to). If we don't want the government sticking its nose in what we eat then that too is the people's collective decision, and politicians who don't respect that risk losing elections. (I for one think that high fructose corn syrup and trans fats need to be banned as ingredients in food. It wouldn't even affect what you got to eat - you would still be able to eat all the same foods you do now - only the manufacturers would be forced to use less toxic ingredients.)

And as for me, I will likely never be having any soda in restaurants ever again; unless a specific place has something sweetened with something other than high fructose corn syrup or aspartame, both of which are completely off my menu. (Though it seems I can't avoid HFCS completely, but I refuse to drink anything that contains it).

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    food is legal and necessary, pot is not
    Bad food is far worse for your health than pot.

We allow such toxic substances as high fructose corn syrup and aspartame to be used in foods and drinks, but in most places in this country being caught with pot will land you in jail. Meanwhile if I want soda sweetened with stevia I have to make the trek down to Whole Foods, and pay a lot more for it.

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,394 Times in 10,988 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Balerion the Black View Post
    Bad food is far worse for your health than pot.

We allow such toxic substances as high fructose corn syrup and aspartame to be used in foods and drinks, but in most places in this country being caught with pot will land you in jail. Meanwhile if I want soda sweetened with stevia I have to make the trek down to Whole Foods, and pay a lot more for it.
    Talk to me about health and then advocate for abortion. Im sure I will believe you have health matters in mind.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk to me about health and then advocate for abortion. Im sure I will believe you have health matters in mind.
    I do. I for one believe that abortions should be done in modern medical facilities with sterilized equipment by trained physicians who know what they are doing, rather than in back alleys with coat hangers or other crude tools that should have no business ever being used as surgical instruments. I would also rather see those abortions not happen in the first place, by not having women get pregnant when they don't want to. Which means educated our youth about safe sex practices so as to not result in unwanted pregnancies, not to mention prevent the spread of STD's.

I would also guess that a pregnant woman ingesting foods laden with trans fats and high fructose corn syrup (not to mention other toxic crap like aspartame) would not be so good for the developing fetus.

I most certainly do not advocate FOR abortion. I just advocate for a woman's right to choose.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would also rather see those abortions not happen in the first place, by not having women get pregnant when they don't want to.
    Easy way to handle that, do not have sex until you are ready to be a mother, or have your tubes tied if you cannot practice self control.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy way to handle that, do not have sex until you are ready to be a mother, or have your tubes tied if you cannot practice self control.
    Or use birth control, or have an IUD implanted (which unlike having one's tubes tied, can be easily reversed once one is actually ready to have children). Or use condoms which have the added benefit of protecting against the spread of STD's as well.

No good reason to try to inject Biblical morality into this.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or use birth control, or have an IUD implanted (which unlike having one's tubes tied, can be easily reversed once one is actually ready to have children). Or use condoms which have the added benefit of protecting against the spread of STD's as well.

No good reason to try to inject Biblical morality into this.
    Sure there is, but an atheist refuses it. Im not a bit against birth control btw between a man and his wife. Abortion isnt a valid form of birth control though.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That will be overturned i bet, if he gets it passed, just like it was overturned in texas to force to parents to vaccinate their girls for hpv.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in canada they're giving hpv vaccinations to the boys too

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Plastic-Foam Containers, if the Mayor Gets His Way By Michael M. Grynbaum] "...Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, whose regulatory lance has slain fatty foods, supersize sodas, and smoking in parks, is now targeting plastic foam, the much-derided polymer that environmentalists have long tried to restrict..." Full text: Plastic-Foam Containers, if the Mayor Gets His Way Eccl 10:2

[Mayor Bloomberg to stoners: Small amounts of pot no longer get a night in jail by Tina Moore & Dan Hirschhorn] "New York State is also considering decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana...." Full text: Mayor Bloomberg to stoners: Small amounts of pot no longer get a night in jail Eph 5:18

See:

Global Warming

Be Not Drunk with Wine by John MacArthur

The End is So Near... (right click, open) by Darrell Ferguson
    Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral

It is dangerous we should ban all asbestos from the earth.

Oh, and all poisonous snakes and mushrooms and spiders and liberals
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will be overturned i bet, if he gets it passed, just like it was overturned in texas to force to parents to vaccinate their girls for hpv.
    What does that say to your daughter? Ex 20:14

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dup

Thread Information