User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 137

Thread: Bloomberg: 'Yes' to Drugs 'No' to Styrofoam

  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    Seems reasonable to me. Exactly why is banning Styrofoam a bad thing?
    Why doesn't he want to limit the size of margaritas?



    See:

    Substance Abuse

  2. #32
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,594
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 657 Times in 452 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    186103
    Anna writes:
    He didn't say "yes to drugs." Not even close.
    You really expected serpent to tell the truth?
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  3. #33
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    You really expected serpent to tell the truth?
    Ad hominem

  4. #34
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

  5. #35
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

  6. #36
    Over 4000 post club rexlunae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The high desert
    Posts
    4,845
    Thanks
    905
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,236 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    764116
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    "...Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, whose regulatory lance has slain fatty foods, supersize sodas, and smoking in parks, is now targeting plastic foam, the much-derided polymer that environmentalists have long tried to restrict..."
    I think it's fair to believe that the amount of harm done by pot if far less than the amount of harm done by Styrofoam.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Last edited by serpentdove; March 28th, 2013 at 06:10 AM.

  8. #38
    Over 3000 post club zoo22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,054
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 136 Times in 130 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    713943
    Ho does? What did he do, serpentdove? I read the drivel, but I couldn't find anything that said Bloomberg wants to control social media. Please show us.
    "There was so much handwriting on the wall that even the wall fell down"

    "In the long run of history, the censor and the inquisitor have always lost. The only sure weapon against bad ideas is better ideas. The source of better ideas is wisdom. The surest path to wisdom is a liberal education." – Alfred Whitney, Essays on Education

    Don't you know
    That it ain't a crime
    If all the squares
    And the junkmen
    Think you're out of line


    TH:

  9. #39
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,493
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 935 Times in 770 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    853230
    Quote Originally Posted by zoo22 View Post
    Ho does? What did he do, serpentdove? I read the drivel, but I couldn't find anything that said Bloomberg wants to control social media. Please show us.
    it looks like she is controlling you
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  10. #40
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    25,811
    Thanked 17,863 Times in 11,267 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147723
    Wow sounds like that mayor has a daddy complex
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

  11. #41
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    it looks like she is controlling you
    2 Pe 2:22

  13. #43
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,779
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47411
    I don't like Bloomberg, at all, and I definitely can't defend the stupid anti-styrofoam law, but the Bible is NOT defending drug prohibition in the verse that the OP quoted. First of all, its saying "Don't be drunk with wine." Pot doesn't get you drunk, so that passage at least isn't directly addressing it. Secondly, and more importantly (Since I agree that use of pot, other than for some medical purpose, is a vice) just because the verse says you shouldn't do it doesn't mean it should be illegal. The Bible says we're supposed to treat our bodies as the Temple of the Holy Spirit, does that mean governemnt should be checking up at our health and arresting those who eat too much food? Bloomberg might go for that, but I won't.

    The only job of the governing authorities should be to stop people from harming other people, otherwise they should mind their own business.

    Here's what the Bible says:

    Proverbs 3:30 – "Strive not with a man without cause, if he have done thee no harm."

    1 Peter 4:15 – "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men’s matters."

    I don't think pot criminalization fits with either of those verses. Bloomberg isn't going far enough on that issue, and he's a fascist jerk in general, but on that particular issue, you guys aren't right to condemn him.

  14. #44
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    637
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    Ad hominem
    You say that a lot, I wonder why?

  15. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    14,765
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,769 Times in 2,544 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xAvarice View Post
    [ Ad hominem] You say that a lot, I wonder why?
    I say that when someone commits an ad hominem fallacy. [] is an abbreviation for any fallacious argument, FYI.



    A few housekeeping items:

    I ask people to make their best argument first so that I am able to respond to that.

    If you only reply with a fallacious argument, I am less likely to read the rest of the post. TOL no longer has an e-mail notification so if you do post again; most often I will not see the reply.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us