The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,991 Times in 7,602 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

4. Thou SHALL NOT call other TOL members names without cause. Appropriately identifying the wicked is not only allowed but encouraged. Again, TOL is a right-wing Christian forum and therefore our bias is not hidden.

"All of the above commandments are subjective in nature and will be determined on a case by case basis by the TOL staff."

Infractions are handed out if the name calling is without cause.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Tambora (May 16th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 830 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    4. Thou SHALL NOT call other TOL members names without cause.
    Cool, when did Walt Brown join TOL?
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Identity politics are a dangerous form of idolatry

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I call my Aunt Fanny a big poopy head, will I get banned?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 830 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Who really knows anymore...
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Identity politics are a dangerous form of idolatry

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    It's all in good fun, Inzl. It's clear that you'll do what you want while disregarding any semblance of consistency. I'm sure we'll all adapt and get a long just fine.

I cannot help if it entertains, however
    Christ wasn't exactly a fan of hypocrisy, but on this scale it is quite funny.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    Who really knows anymore...
    Someday I'll start a thread seeking opinions on the apparent belief by the mods here that Town Heretic is a god

maybe I'll include a poll

Over 6000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, it's the way it is on TOL. If you want a level playing field there's always debate club. I'm not offended; it's part of the atmosphere here.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From the family Thanksgiving, yes!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Hey, it's the way it is on TOL. If you want a level playing field there's always debate club. I'm not offended; it's part of the atmosphere here.
    And yet the slope has certainly increased. Knight's slope provided for free speech to a very large degree, and therefore invited and welcomed those of differing beliefs, perhaps treating them harshly at times but allowing them to fight back, not tying their hands behind their backs as they are struck. Not so anymore.

If people don't like being hit without being allowed to strike back, being abused without being allowed to defend themselves or retaliate, or dealing with hypocritical moderation, they will leave. TOL is inevitably becoming less lively. The irony--and most unfortunate problem--is that it is "Christians" who are taking back with their left hand what they have given with their right. If you are a non-Christian who has survived on TOL, then chances are you already know how to turn the other cheek more than the Christians.

I am all in favor of a more civil environment, but strongly against a half-civil hypocritical environment. So the working model for TOL is changing: debate and lively discussion will slowly begin to dry up as this becomes another strongly-biased forum of like-minded people reinforcing what they already believe; a technologically advanced bridge club, not a theological or political forum.

Over 6000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's happened before. And eventually, Knight steps in and re-establishes some equilibrium. This too shall pass.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zippy2006 View Post
    And yet the slope has certainly increased. Knight's slope provided for free speech to a very large degree, and therefore invited and welcomed those of differing beliefs, perhaps treating them harshly at times but allowing them to fight back, not tying their hands behind their backs as they are struck. Not so anymore.

If people don't like being hit without being allowed to strike back, being abused without being allowed to defend themselves or retaliate, or dealing with hypocritical moderation, they will leave. TOL is inevitably becoming less lively. The irony--and most unfortunate problem--is that it is "Christians" who are taking back with their left hand what they have given with their right. If you are a non-Christian who has survived on TOL, then chances are you already know how to turn the other cheek more than the Christians.

I am all in favor of a more civil environment, but strongly against a half-civil hypocritical environment. So the working model for TOL is changing: debate and lively discussion will slowly begin to dry up as this becomes another strongly-biased forum of like-minded people reinforcing what they already believe; a technologically advanced bridge club, not a theological or political forum.
    I think Inzl Kett is doing a great job and you should quit your whining.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post

I think Inzl Kett is doing a great job and you should quit you whining.
    I suppose it goes without saying that I disagree. The rest will have to read what I wrote and what you wrote and consider which one makes the most sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,438 Times in 4,211 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said. Thank you.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I suppose it goes without saying that I disagree. The rest will have to read what I wrote and what you wrote and consider which one makes the most sense.
    I'm not holding my breath waiting for you to quit whining, mind you.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Someday I'll start a thread seeking opinions on the apparent belief by the mods here that Town Heretic is a god

maybe I'll include a poll
    Perhaps a warning for blasphemy is in order?

Thread Information