User Tag List

View Poll Results: bad poll

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • delete

    0 0%
  • delete

    1 100.00%
Page 243 of 251 FirstFirst ... 143193233240241242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3753

Thread: Spammers wasteland

  1. #3631
    Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,582
    Thanks
    528
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 954 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    258097
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    There's the bible....
    What do you know about the Bible?
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to glassjester For Your Post:

    ok doser (May 11th, 2017)

  3. #3632
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 783 Times in 622 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595160
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    What do you know about the Bible?
    Nothing....i've been on here for roughly 14 yrs.
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  4. #3633
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    18,273
    Thanks
    1,324
    Thanked 4,328 Times in 3,255 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147689
    Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Nothing....i've been on here for roughly 14 yrs.
    and all you've learned is how to be a jerk


    what a waste

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (May 26th, 2017)

  6. #3634
    Over 4000 post club quip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,943
    Thanks
    373
    Thanked 783 Times in 622 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    595160
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    and all you've learned is how to be a jerk


    what a waste
    Ohh heavens no! I've learned quite a lot....like "knowing" anything regarding god or his good-book is like swatting at a swarm of flies around here. Y'all argue amongst yourselves more than non-believers about who's "knowing" is more "knowledgeable"!
    _/\_

    Christians: "I - a stranger and afraid - in a world I never made.." -- Houseman

  7. #3635
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    12,107
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,743 Times in 2,042 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1019388
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Then. Now.

    Exactly how you ended up buying into the false-positive that is your Acts 9/Acts 28 Hybrid.

    You all go on about how "things that differ are not the same," only to continually prove it is often a hollow phrase to you.

    Just like the Acts 28ers.

    And there is no pointing these things out to your kind: not only do you quickly marry your conclusions; but easily take offense when errors are pointed out to you.

    You serve your agenda; you blind fool.

  8. #3636
    Baboon musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    18,373
    Thanks
    2,813
    Thanked 12,970 Times in 7,746 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147710
    Thank you.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    SaulToPaul (May 18th, 2017),Tambora (May 26th, 2017)

  10. #3637
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    6,815
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,105 Posts

    Blog Entries
    76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1464400

    Red face TULIP, a wilted flower......

    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Only those who have been taken out of this world by the power of the Holy Spirit through our Lord Jesus can overcome. But nothing can be achieved if we are not willing to become a living sacrifice and lay down our lives for others and live by the will of God.

    The very first words that Jesus preached were repent, the kingdom of heaven is at hand (Matthew 4:17) we have freewill and a choice, we can either repent or not. And if we truly repent and love God then we will turn from sin and do Gods will!
    This seems to go without saying. But some prefer an easier doctrine of 'total depravity', then you can invent a pre-packaged, 'pre-ordained' theology that 'God' must do everything, so you have no say in the matter, whether you are saved or lost, and this all by the pre-ordained will or 'decree' of God. You just kick back and coast...if you're among the saved, God will save you, if your not he chooses to 'pass over' you and leave you for dead (see 'Preterition') Its all pre-ordained....why make any effort at anything? Just hope your among the 'chosen'. In that purview, the TULIP in Calvinism prevails, so its all according to the 'belief-system', a view in multiple 'grid-lock'. There is no freedom of choice in the full or ultimate sense in this program.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to freelight For Your Post:

    marhig (May 27th, 2017)

  12. #3638
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    6,815
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,105 Posts

    Blog Entries
    76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1464400

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    1) Not the right thread
    2) You are caricaturing it and have a 4th grade apprehension of what you are talking about, a gloss-over at best.
    3) Take it to another thread, doesn't belong here.
    ahhhh,...poor Lon,...crying over his wilted TULIP

    You need to get over yourself.

  13. #3639
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    6,815
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,105 Posts

    Blog Entries
    76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1464400
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    This seems to go without saying. But some prefer an easier doctrine of 'total depravity', then you can invent a pre-packaged, 'pre-ordained' theology that 'God' must do everything, so you have no say in the matter, whether you are saved or lost, and this all by the pre-ordained will or 'decree' of God. You just kick back and coast...if you're among the saved, God will save you, if your not he chooses to 'pass over' you and leave you for dead (see 'Preterition') Its all pre-ordained....why make any effort at anything? Just hope your among the 'chosen'. In that purview, the TULIP in Calvinism prevails, so its all according to the 'belief-system', a view in multiple 'grid-lock'. There is no freedom of choice in the full or ultimate sense in this program.
    FYI, I was simply responding to marhig's response to Truster about the issue of 'salvation', and I added some reasons I say from my point of view regarding his 'theology' of some form of 'Calvinism' that his concept of 'the saved' is a pre-ordained deal,...you have no choice in the matter (this being the more extreme hyper-form of Calvinism, at any rate. This isn't spam, and I've contributed to the thread with posts "on topic" so being banned from the entire thread just for this is ridiculous.

    Even in the my following post to Lon's response to this I saw it fit to 'reprimand' him with humor since he think's he can police the forum here, then report things back to certain moderators who will appease his whining.

  14. #3640
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    6,815
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,105 Posts

    Blog Entries
    76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1464400
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    ahhhh,...poor Lon,...crying over his wilted TULIP

    You need to get over yourself.
    This was a fitting response, to which this person got upset and reported me. Welcome to 'petty'. When I see a poster speak unkindly, belittling and condescending to others I will call them out on it. Bullies need to be confronted.

  15. #3641
    The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    12,118
    Thanks
    1,285
    Thanked 8,734 Times in 6,656 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147686
    You were being ugly and derailing the thread. You are forgetting that this is a Christian board. It is going to be biased toward Christians, no matter what stripe they are when you are bumping heads with them in a such as that one.

    The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

    June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (May 27th, 2017),Tambora (May 26th, 2017)

  17. #3642
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    6,815
    Thanks
    2,402
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,105 Posts

    Blog Entries
    76
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1464400

    Lightbulb Open Discussion.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    You were being ugly and derailing the thread. You are forgetting that this is a Christian board. It is going to be biased toward Christians, no matter what stripe they are when you are bumping heads with them in a such as that one.
    I disagree, I was not being 'ugly' at all, and responded to Lon in a cute comical way, having fun ( I guess that hurt his theological feelings and he had to go tattle about it), while he continues to berate, belittle and talk down to people,... thats wrong no matter what bias or opinion he happens to have. Banning me totally from that thread does show 'bias', but alot more going on. Those with a greater awareness can see THRU IT. - I guess there is some hope for mankind, since you allocated my posts here, to be savored and pondered over, so readers can gather their own conclusions

    There are many threads wherein posters sometimes dovetail off the topic for a few posts, which is all I did in this case, and some threads where whole tangents continue OFF TOPIC....but are these people called out and reprimanded, banned or infracted for this? NO. But when Lon whines or reports something, he gets special attention by staff because he's in cahoots with the 'establishment' and their theology club which marginalizes certain posters because of their prowess, eccentricity or theological opinions which do not resonate with theirs and poses a threat to their sense of security.

    If my posts get sent here, (the very first time in all my years here) and I see changes in the way things are being "moderated", be sure it will be 'voiced' respectively. I guess there's a first for everything.

  18. #3643
    Over 4000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    4,227
    Thanks
    846
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 909 Posts

    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    209558
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    I disagree, I was not being 'ugly' at all, and responded to Lon in a cute comical way, having fun ( I guess that hurt his theological feelings and he had to go tattle about it), while he continues to berate, belittle and talk down to people,... thats wrong no matter what bias or opinion he happens to have. Banning me totally from that thread does show 'bias', but alot more going on. Those with a greater awareness can see THRU IT. - I guess there is some hope for mankind, since you allocated my posts here, to be savored and pondered over, so readers can gather their own conclusions

    There are many threads wherein posters sometimes dovetail off the topic for a few posts, which is all I did in this case, and some threads where whole tangents continue OFF TOPIC....but are these people called out and reprimanded, banned or infracted for this? NO. But when Lon whines or reports something, he gets special attention by staff because he's in cahoots with the 'establishment' and their theology club which marginalizes certain posters because of their prowess, eccentricity or theological opinions which do not resonate with theirs and poses a threat to their sense of security.

    If my posts get sent here, (the very first time in all my years here) and I see changes in the way things are being "moderated", be sure it will be 'voiced' respectively. I guess there's a first for everything.
    Lol, funny, I got banned/removed from the very same thread after the same poster reported me for "blaspheming the Trinity" after I told him he was acting like a child, (Johnny Rotten), spreading his feces all over the classroom walls in art class while expecting an "A" Grade for doing so. The mods, (and therefore admin), agreed with him and removed me from the thread for "blaspheming the Trinity", so I guess the admin here counts blaspheming Lon as equal to blaspheming the Trinity. Since that time and another final exchange with the God-Man Lon I do not waste my time arguing with him because the admins clearly count him as a God-Man. Poor lost people, worshiping a man, and of all the twisted heretics that might be available, they choose Lon to lead them in the way. Blahahahahah.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

    freelight (May 26th, 2017)

  20. #3644
    Longing for God Eagles Wings's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    4,486
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,118 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    407273
    Kumbaya
    Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

    1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

    2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
    .

  21. #3645
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    6,374
    Thanks
    133
    Thanked 640 Times in 568 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    143677
    My prayer is that any glimmer of hope or comfort that the irreverent and impious on TOL have is removed and that the end thereof is made public that others should tremble at the very thought of irreverent impiety.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us