Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Study - the Book of Job

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of Revelation is not in the future. It is past , present and future, by subject rather than chronology, since there is no time there.

Rev 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

Satan is here on earth, You said it . Jesus said it.

Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

We know it is ij the past because the woman brought forth Jesus.

Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
    Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and [to] his throne.

Back to Job, God being omnipresent does not require Satan to be in Heaven to be held accountable. His presence is everywhere. Satan is accountable to God everywhere. Satan does not have access to Heaven currently. He is in prison.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I do not want to derail this thread from going off topic, my friend.
    To discuss the chronology of Revelation, please see my thread here...

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=89246

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was only showing the fall of Satan and the angels is past. Since he was to devour Christ brought forth from woman.

Over 500 post club False Prophet's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a passage that I use for the judgment of God. Although this was not intended for Job, it was spoken for Job; and it can stand as a testimony for us today.
    Job.18
    [5] "Yea, the light of the wicked is put out,
    and the flame of his fire does not shine.
    [6] The light is dark in his tent,
    and his lamp above him is put out.
    [7] His strong steps are shortened
    and his own schemes throw him down.
    [8] For he is cast into a net by his own feet,
    and he walks on a pitfall.
    [9] A trap seizes him by the heel,
    a snare lays hold of him.
    [10] A rope is hid for him in the ground,
    a trap for him in the path.
    [11] Terrors frighten him on every side,
    and chase him at his heels.
    [12] His strength is hunger-bitten,
    and calamity is ready for his stumbling.
    [13] By disease his skin is consumed,
    the first-born of death consumes his limbs.
    [14] He is torn from the tent in which he trusted,
    and is brought to the king of terrors.
    [15] In his tent dwells that which is none of his;
    brimstone is scattered upon his habitation.
    [16] His roots dry up beneath,
    and his branches wither above.
    [17] His memory perishes from the earth,
    and he has no name in the street.
    [18] He is thrust from light into darkness,
    and driven out of the world.
    Bilduz spoke these words to Job, but it rings true for many today; and it is a testimony for the great falling away that will occur, which is future tense.

Thanks
    Thanked 31,517 Times in 20,128 Posts

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    They basically tell Job that he must have done something offensive, otherwise this calamity would not have befallen him.
    You reap what you sow.
    I can't say I thought that, you reap what you sow, in relation to his problems. But as you say, we were watching from outside the fish bowl.
    Eliphaz, the first friend to speak makes the comment:
    Job 4 KJV
    (8) Even as I have seen, they that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same.
    But that's in chapter 4, so I'll wait to discuss it further then.

I make the alligators look tame.
    A wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman.
    Lord have mercy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

LoneStar (May 6th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    At what time in history did Job live?
    Very close to the flood. I was thinking pre-flood for some time, but there is persuasive evidence that it wasn't preflood, as he wasn't 1000 years old. But the mention of extinct sauropods (Behemoth) and the aquatic Leviathon makes me think of the flood. Clearly many animals went extinct that had difficulty adapting after the flood.
    That's also a view that I do not feel can totally be written off (even though I personally lean toward the time of the patriarchs).

We are only told that Job lived an additional 140 years after the event of his suffering, but are never told how old he is at the time.
    We know he had grown children, but are not told how old he was when had those children.
    Noah was 500 years old when he had children. So, it's possible that Job was many years old when he had his.

Fact is, we are not specifically told when Job lived.

So neither view will hinder the MESSAGE of the book.

Lord have mercy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

LoneStar (May 6th, 2016),musterion (May 27th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason0047 View Post
    Well, I do not want to derail this thread from going off topic, my friend.
    Much appreciated.

Lord have mercy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

LoneStar (May 6th, 2016)

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by False Prophet View Post
    This is a passage that I use for the judgment of God. Although this was not intended for Job, it was spoken for Job; and it can stand as a testimony for us today.
    Job.18
    [5] "Yea, the light of the wicked is put out,
    and the flame of his fire does not shine.
    [6] The light is dark in his tent,
    and his lamp above him is put out.
    [7] His strong steps are shortened
    and his own schemes throw him down.
    [8] For he is cast into a net by his own feet,
    and he walks on a pitfall.
    [9] A trap seizes him by the heel,
    a snare lays hold of him.
    [10] A rope is hid for him in the ground,
    a trap for him in the path.
    [11] Terrors frighten him on every side,
    and chase him at his heels.
    [12] His strength is hunger-bitten,
    and calamity is ready for his stumbling.
    [13] By disease his skin is consumed,
    the first-born of death consumes his limbs.
    [14] He is torn from the tent in which he trusted,
    and is brought to the king of terrors.
    [15] In his tent dwells that which is none of his;
    brimstone is scattered upon his habitation.
    [16] His roots dry up beneath,
    and his branches wither above.
    [17] His memory perishes from the earth,
    and he has no name in the street.
    [18] He is thrust from light into darkness,
    and driven out of the world.
    Bilduz spoke these words to Job, but it rings true for many today; and it is a testimony for the great falling away that will occur, which is future tense.
    Why did you say "Although this was not intended for Job, it was spoken for Job; "?

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thread Tamora,

The whole of Job is speaking about events on earth, not in Heaven.

The word heaven in Rev. and used by Jesus in His saying I saw satan fall from heaven, is speaking of satan falling spiritually from power, on earth.

Never are the sons of God in the Bible , a reference to angels.(we could say angelic men, the prophets)

Men are commanded to present themselves before the Throne of God while men live on the earth. (this is where satan accuses before God)

Men suffer first because of their unrighteousness, then after becoming righteous they suffer further to be found worthy to reign with Christ.

LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dear friend. No one is denying that the book of Job as a whole is taking place on the Earth. The opening sequences in Job chapters 1 and 2 where Satan accuses Job takes place up in Heaven. If you disagree with that, then you have to twist Scripture in Job 1-2 and in Revelation 12 in order for your theory to work. The Scriptures are not to be read metaphorically unless there is an indication within the context of the surrounding text or words that tells us to do so.

Also, the sons of God ARE angels because they did not have human parents.
    For the parent of an angel is God, my friend. Hence the name "sons of God".

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just commented on Satan's reality and Fall .

it has happened.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=87934

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast [them] down to hell, and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
    It is completed reservation

I look forward to reading more about Job.

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dear friend. No one is denying that the book of Job as a whole is taking place on the Earth. The opening sequences in Job chapters 1 and 2 where Satan accuses Job takes place up in Heaven. If you disagree with that, then you have to twist Scripture in Job 1-2 and in Revelation 12 in order for your theory to work. The Scriptures are not to be read metaphorically unless there is an indication within the context of the surrounding text or words that tells us to do so.

Also, the sons of God ARE angels because they did not have human parents.
    For the parent of an angel is God, my friend.
    I do not have to twist scriptures to see the truth.

Where does the Bible say the sons of God did not have human parents??

LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, "sons of God" is a name that is used of a being who is born of God. For the inherit meaning of the title is within the name itself. That is why Christians have been referred to as the "sons of God" in the New Testament (1 John 3:1). They are born again by the Spirit of God. Angels do not have parents. Therefore, they are referred to as the "sons of God" because they were directly born or created from God.

Besides, it does not make sense if there were humans or some other types of unknown entities present alongside Satan. For the people in the Old Testament times did not generally present themselves with Satan to plead their case to God.

Scripture says in Revelation 12:10 that the accuser of the saints will be cast down; This is a reference to the dragon (i.e. the devil) being a cast out of Heaven (Revelation 12:7-10).

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sons of God is a name that is used of a being who is born of God. The inherit meaning of the title is within the name itself. That is why Christians have been referred to as the sons of God in the New Testament (1 John 3:1). They are born again by the Spirit of God. Angels do not have parents. Therefore, they are referred to as the sons of God because they were directly born or created from God.

Besides, it does not make sense if there were humans or some other types of unknown entities present alongside Satan. For the people in the Old Testament times did not generally present themselves with Satan to plead their case to God.

Scripture says in Revelation 12:10 that the accuser of the saints will be cast down; This is a reference to the dragon (i.e. the devil) being a cast out of Heaven (Revelation 12:7-10).
    "sons of god" in Job is referring to the angels or angels fallen with Satan

Rev 12 10 is further comment to the action in verse 4 or before. The dragon cannot try to devourer the child unless He and the third of the star were already cast them down to earth.

These are past events referring to the fall and Christ's death

LIFETIME MEMBER
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, "sons of God" is a name that is used of a being who is born of God. For the inherit meaning of the title is within the name itself. That is why Christians have been referred to as the "sons of God" in the New Testament (1 John 3:1). They are born again by the Spirit of God. Angels do not have parents. Therefore, they are referred to as the "sons of God" because they were directly born or created from God.
    The sons of God of the Bible are always men in every instance.

Besides, it does not make sense if there were humans or some other types of unknown entities present alongside Satan. For the people in the Old Testament times did not generally present themselves with Satan to plead their case to God
    The whole point of the book of Job, is that the prophets of God had fallen away from God by their sinning and having satan among them, without restriction in his operations of deceiving, and supporting the sinful desires of men through out the world.

The same thing happened before the flood, at Christs first coming, and now before Christs return.

It is a prophecy of the future casting out of satan from among the saints. It is the result of a spiritual war between Jesus and His servants the prophets, and the dragon and his servants the false prophets.

You can read this same thing throughout the Bible in every age.

LA

Thread Information