Battle Talk ~ BR XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenw

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
Uh duh... retard... I am the admin, I can see EVERYTHING that goes on behind the scenes.

We already knew Theo was using multiple usernames to vote for himself which we "let slide", 20 or 30 more is a bit over the top don't ya think?
Hmmm. Sounds impressive for those who know nothing about IPs and computers. Perhaps you had a web-cam set up so you could actually catch him in the act? You have absolutely NO IDEA who was registering the names - only a suspicion and there is a BIG difference.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
stevenw said:
Hmmm. Sounds impressive for those who know nothing about IPs and computers. Perhaps you had a web-cam set up so you could actually catch him in the act? You have absolutely NO IDEA who was registering the names - only a suspicion and there is a BIG difference.
Do you know what an IP address is?

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
I would still like to know how novice knew, and remember theo vehemently denied the accusation at that time. I understand how Knight knew, but I would like to be able to figure it out for myself the way that novice apparently did,

Novice where are You? Let us in on your secret?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
stevenw said:
The funny thing about debates around here is that it seems imperative that the Enyart/ Hill crowd must appear to win at any cost, even if it means banning your opponents.
...who were stuffing the ballot box.

Honestly, how biased do you have to be to accuse the side that wasn't registering dozens of usernames to stuff the ballot box of doing whatever it takes "appear to win"?

Declaring victory over all that dare hold a contrary view does not add one whit to your credibility.
Same to you.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1239030#post1239030

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jeremiah said:
I would still like to know how novice knew, and remember theo vehemently denied the accusation at that time. I understand how Knight knew, but I would like to be able to figure it out for myself the way that novice apparently did,

Novice where are You? Let us in on your secret?
jeremiah, look at Phantastes' first post and Eisley's second post. Do you see any "red flags" that might make one suspect that those two were actually Theo?

Gold Subscribers, Moderators, and Admins can view other user's IP addresses. Novice isn't any of those, but he could get a user who is to confirm his suspicions.

DEVO

Documenting mans devolution
Turbo said:
Gold Subscribers, Moderators, and Admins can view other user's IP addresses. Novice isn't any of those, but he could get a user who is to confirm his suspicions.
Actually now I think its just mods and admins that can view IP addresses.

P.S. novice and Knight are very close.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:
jeremiah, look at Phantastes' first post and Eisley's second post. Do you see any "red flags" that might make one suspect that those two were actually Theo?

I thought that these were like minded freinds of theo, who were discussing and consulting together, perhaps even face to face. Often young people repeat others words or thoughts, without even realizing it. In football terms it simply seemed to me like "piling on"!

Actually I think devo throws some light on it for me. If Knight and novice are that close, he either told him what was happenning, or personally confirmed his suspicions with a pm.

In any event, the worst thing to me was theo's adamant denial of novice's accusation, even if novice did have inside info, from Knight or a mod!

If true he was practicing a form of deceit, and then out and out lied, when confronted with the truth. I don't think he deserves the death penalty for that...... :rotfl:.........but I do seem to remember a scripture about what liars will inherit?

I think he needs to repent when his "punishment" is over and his ban lifted. :think:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
jeremiah said:
If true he was practicing a form of deceit, and then out and out lied, when confronted with the truth. I don't think he deserves the death penalty for that...... :rotfl:.........but I do seem to remember a scripture about what liars will inherit?
Keep in mind we didn't ban Theo because he had a couple usernames, heck that's no big deal it happens all the time.

Theo however, took that liberty to an extreme unparalleled on TOL.

2 or 3 usernames we had no problem with, 4-5 usernames... well acceptable, but maybe pushing it a bit. But 28???? I think 28 usernames goes beyond all reasonable boundaries. Even still he got to vote for himself 9 times which is 50% of all the votes that came in for him.

stevenw

BANNED
Banned
I P U P we all P Knightly!

I P U P we all P Knightly!

Knight said:
Do you know what an IP address is?
In your case we are dishonestly told that so much information can be gleaned from an IP address that it leads to an Infallible Perception. This of course is not trure and all you are displaying is Inequitable Partisanship and Ignorant Presumption.

stevenw

BANNED
Banned
jeremiah said:
I thought that these were like minded freinds of theo, who were discussing and consulting together, perhaps even face to face. Often young people repeat others words or thoughts, without even realizing it. In football terms it simply seemed to me like "piling on"!
I think this is a lot more likely and an entirely plausible alternative to Knight's assertion.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
stevenw said:
In your case we are dishonestly told that so much information can be gleaned from an IP address that it leads to an Infallible Perception. This of course is not trure and all you are displaying is Inequitable Partisanship and Ignorant Presumption.
See ya later dork! :wave2:

It must suck to wake up stupid every morning.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
stevenw said:
I think this is a lot more likely and an entirely plausible alternative to Knight's assertion.
Yeah, 20 of theo's friends all registered at TOL within a span of a few minutes, all using Theo's computer. You've cracked the case. Well done.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
stevenw said:
Granted - something is up. But how can you definatively know Theo is responsible and what right of reply does he have? How many people have access to that IP? What about where an IP is shared (colleges etc)?
Knight
You know more about this stuff than I do, but is it possible that a bunch of dorks from the same college that are all on the same network would have the same IP address? That would explain how they signed up so many user names so quickly. Or would they have to be on the same computer too?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
stevenw said:
Steven
Even if the scenario you present is completely accurate would it be unfair of Knight to prevent a bunch of nerds from the same college, who were not here during the debate, to cram in here for a few minutes to "stuff the ballot box" and leave? I don't see the problem!

Melika

My thoughts on Capital Punishment

My thoughts on Capital Punishment

I would go on a case by case basis. I know God is the only one who has the right to

take a life but he also states that we are to abide by the law of the land . I still stick with
it would have to be an individual decision.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL, Melika. :wave:

Melika said:
I would go on a case by case basis. I know God is the only one who has the right to take a life but he also states that we are to abide by the law of the land .
He also commanded that people should execute certain criminals upon conviction.

I still stick with it would have to be an individual decision.
How would you decide whether the death penalty is appropriate for any particular case?

Have you read the Battle?

Aethril

I second that!

I second that!

Lion said:
Wow! What a great battle. Turbo blasted poor Theo out of the water. His arguments were well thought out, well constructed, and filled with the power of truth.

Great job Turbo!
:D

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.