Knight's pick 9-15-2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nineveh, is a TOL original and she smacks just as hard now as she ever has. :up:
But you can't answer me as to how this is suppposed to make sense can you?

I have over and over again. I don't think it's all that uncommon. Other than a lame "to decribe man" you seem to be the one lacking explanation.

A literal being who has full knowledge tries to take on a creator who could destroy him and he KNOWS that? That is beyond insanity....

Yet people do it on a daily basis.

Thats what makes more sense though! Man doesn't need a literal satan to commit evil,

That's why God didn't need a metaphor.

...if anything it's a copout to blame some other being for our own shortcomings, why not just accept responsibilty?

Hello? You are the one saying satan is a metaphor for man.

And why do you think that to think of this as metaphorical gives my view any grief?

Because you can't dismiss satan if he is real. You would have to acknowledge that beings can and do really reject God. Oh, you forgot to answer... are all angels metaphors or just satan?

Oh, come off it, plenty of those who even believe in ET think the lake is metaphor, remember the chapter in which it appears? The one that is actually written in signifiers? Knight and PK have differing interpretations on it as well as a load of other people so it's hardly 'straightforward'
as for genesis I happen to take it metaphorically as well, so what? So do many others....

An appeal to majority (that's a fallacy by the way). Wouldn't you rather appeal to God?

How much of the Bible is a "metaphor"? Is Jesus?

Hello? He stopped doubting once he'd had the proof that he required, he was not condemned for this and you dodge around the point that he didnt believe until he had had the proof....

Your point was that Jesus didn't condemn him for unbelief. Thomas could have rejected Him, even at that point. After all faith is the evidence of things unseen. The difference between someone who believes and someone who doesn't believe is their own heart.

Um, yeah, and look at what is required to fulfill the law, love.....

That was the summation of the Law. Love of God and love of neighbor. Obedience fulfilled the Law. That is why only Jesus could. Trying to avoid a witness to a sexually immoral person (or standing in the way of a witness to such with labels of "intolerant/hateful/bigot") is neither Loving God (as it's His command to not sin by practicing sexual immorality) nor is it loving your neighbor as yourself, unless you believe it's "ok" for you to break God's Laws of sexual immorality and tolerate others who do. Then it becomes an issue of leading others into sin. So "love" all by itself is not the be-all-end-all that both you and dave believe it is. God's love is very different than the worldly love you both preach.
:first:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That post rocks and so does Nineveh! She is clearly one of TOL's most valuable members! :BRAVO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.