User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 211

Thread: ARE THE 12 APOSTLES IN or OUT of the Body of Christ ??

  1. #31
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1471
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and when you advance into Pauline truth , you will be more ARTICULATE !!!

    DAN P
    Whether we are technically "under" a covenant or not, we are "under" the law of Christ (1 Cor. 9:21), who is the mediator of a new covenant (Heb. 9:15). We are no longer strangers to the covenants (Eph. 2:12) which means we are no longer outsiders in relation to the covenants.

    Whether the 12 are technically in the body of Christ or not, we are all ultimately the people of God.

    The supposed “kingdom group” and the body of Christ are both the people of God, partakers in the new covenant blessings through Christ Jesus, and saved sinners. Eph. 2:5-7 says that God’s grace will be manifested in ages to come in saved sinners, for that is why God saved sinners, to show the riches of His grace for all ages to come. Since both groups are made up of saved sinners, His grace will be on display for all the universe in both groups.

  2. #32
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 700 Times in 515 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    228161
    Quote Originally Posted by surrender View Post
    Whether we are technically "under" a covenant or not, we are "under" the law of Christ (1 Cor. 9:21),

    Hi , and what is the " law of Christ " which also is mentioned in Gal 6:2 !!

    There are over , 350 Laws of Christ that Paul has written about and are COMMANDS to the Body of Christ !!

    Robert C Brock , has written a small , 97 page booklet , THE COMMANDS OF CHRIST , For Christian Living !!

    dan p

  3. #33
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1471
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and what is the " law of Christ " which also is mentioned in Gal 6:2 !!

    There are over , 350 Laws of Christ that Paul has written about and are COMMANDS to the Body of Christ !!

    Robert C Brock , has written a small , 97 page booklet , THE COMMANDS OF CHRIST , For Christian Living !!

    dan p
    Great. And whether or not the supposed “kingdom group” can be said to be a part of the body of Christ or not, we’re all the people of God, partakers in the new covenant blessings through Christ Jesus, and saved sinners.

    Paul tells us that when we partake of the one bread, we are one body (1 Cor. 10:17). See also 1 Cor. 12:13 and Eph. 2:16.

    "I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I give for the life of the world is my flesh" (John 6:51).

    This means that anyone who eats/partakes of Christ is part of the one body. The twelve disciples ate of "this bread" and therefore are part of the "one body."
    Last edited by surrender; November 23rd, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

  4. #34
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 700 Times in 515 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    228161
    Quote Originally Posted by surrender View Post
    Great. And whether or not the supposed “kingdom group” can be said to be a part of the body of Christ or not, we’re all the people of God, partakers in the new covenant blessings through Christ Jesus, and saved sinners.

    Paul tells us that when we partake of the one bread, we are one body (1 Cor. 10:17). See also 1 Cor. 12:13 and Eph. 2:16.

    "I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I give for the life of the world is my flesh" (John 6:51).

    This means that anyone who eats/partakes of Christ is part of the one body. The twelve disciples ate of "this bread" and therefore are part of the "one body."

    Hi , and now many will see why some are OUT of the Body of Christ and why some are IN the Body of Christ !!

    Some will never see the difference between Israel AND the Body of Christ OR between Kingdom and Grace !!

    dan p

  5. #35
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1471
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and now many will see why some are OUT of the Body of Christ and why some are IN the Body of Christ !!
    I’m not trying to be difficult. I am genuinely trying to see how ALL Scripture fits together. This is what I am seeing thus far…

    Some will never see the difference between Israel AND the Body of Christ
    Israel (i.e. the 12 disciples & the circumcision to whom they ministered, in other words, remnant Israel) is part of the Body of Christ because they eat of the one bread, which is Christ, and we are told that those who eat of this one Bread are one body (1 Cor. 10:17).

    Gentiles, although not part of Israel, partake in the covenant blessings of Israel—they are grafted into the rich root (Rom. 11:17)—through the Body of Christ.

    Although Paul ministered to the uncircumcision, Paul, too, is part of remnant Israel (Rom. 11:1, 5). This means Paul, although part of the Body of Christ, is also part of Israel. If we could picture one big circle as the Body of Christ, I’d put Israel (remnant Israel) in the middle and Gentiles in the middle. We’re all part of the one Body by eating the one Bread, but Israel remains Israel and Gentiles remain Gentiles.

    OR between Kingdom and Grace !!
    By the grace of God, He promised a kingdom to Israel. By the grace of God, Gentiles are included in the promise God made with Israel.

  6. #36
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 700 Times in 515 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    228161
    [QUOTE=surrender;Although Paul ministered to the uncircumcision, Paul, too, is part of remnant Israel (Rom. 11:1, 5). This means Paul, although part of the Body of Christ, is also part of Israel. If we could picture one big circle as By the grace of God, He promised a kingdom to Israel. By the grace of God, Gentiles are included in the promise God made with Israel.[/QUOTE] , WHAT DO


    Hi , and just produce a verse , please !!

    If Gentiles are INCLUDED WITH ISRAEL , what are they called '

    JEWTILES ??

    DAN P

  7. #37
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1471
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and just produce a verse , please !!

    If Gentiles are INCLUDED WITH ISRAEL ,
    But now in Christ Jesus you [Gentiles] who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who made both groups (Gentiles & Jews/remnant Israel) into one…and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross…for through him we both have our access in on Spirit to the Father. So then you [Gentiles] are no longer aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and are of God's household. Eph. 2:13-19

    Eph. 2:12 You [Gentiles] were...excluded from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise having no hope.
    Eph. 2:19 You [Gentiles] are no longer strangers...but you are fellow citizens with the saints

    what are they called 'JEWTILES ??
    Why do they need a name? Gentiles share in Israel's blessings, they don't become Jews. Jews and Gentiles are side by side in the Body of Christ. We are ONE in him.

  8. #38
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 700 Times in 515 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    228161
    [QUOTE=surrender;3277900]Whether we are technically "under" a covenant or not, we are "under" the law of Christ (1 Cor. 9:21), who is the mediator of a new covenant (Heb. 9:15). We are no longer strangers to the covenants (Eph. 2:12) which means we are no longer outsiders in relation to the covenants.

    Whether the 12 are technically in the body of Christ or not, we are all ultimately the people of God.
    QUOTE]


    Hi , and it does matter , because the bible does not link the New Covenant with the Body of Christ , BECAUSE :

    #1 , The terms of salvation are different !

    #2 , The HOPE of Israel is different from the Body of Christ !!

    #3 , Christ will set of David's Throne in the Millennial Kingdom ?

    #4 , Israel's land will be expanded !!

    #5 , There will be a New Temple be built in Israel !!

    #6 , Abraham and others , will be resurrected to live in the Kingdom !!

    #7 , Israel will become Kings and Priests in the Millennium , Rev 1:6 !!

    dan p

  9. #39
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1471
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    #1 , The terms of salvation are different !
    What are the terms? What is one saved by in the kingdom group?

  10. #40
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 700 Times in 515 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    228161
    Quote Originally Posted by surrender View Post
    What are the terms? What is one saved by in the kingdom group?

    Hi , and you insist that we are in the New Covenant , side by side with Israel ??

    This is what you believe , so you TELL me , IF YOU CAN ??

    What are the TERMS of salvation at the end of the Great Tribulation for the Jews ??

    I won't ask you , what is the Standard used , that lets the Gentiles enter the Millennium ??

    dan p



    DAN P

  11. #41
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1471
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and you insist that we are in the New Covenant , side by side with Israel ??

    This is what you believe , so you TELL me , IF YOU CAN ??

    What are the TERMS of salvation at the end of the Great Tribulation for the Jews ??

    I won't ask you , what is the Standard used , that lets the Gentiles enter the Millennium ??

    dan p



    DAN P
    You answer my question first.

  12. #42
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 700 Times in 515 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    228161
    Quote Originally Posted by surrender View Post
    You answer my question first.

    Hi , and I would if you answer the OP , FIRST ??

    You are not in a position to make any demands of me , as you have not had any OP , NOR show any grasping of Pauline truth to me !!

    dan p

  13. #43
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1471
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and I would if you answer the OP , FIRST ??

    You are not in a position to make any demands of me , as you have not had any OP , NOR show any grasping of Pauline truth to me !!

    dan p
    LOL…here we go again. I did answer your OP! You certainly are something. Your OP, in case you’ve forgotten is: “Are the 12 apostles in or out of the body of Christ?”

    I answered your OP in post #33 and post #35:

    #33:
    Paul tells us that when we partake of the one bread, we are one body (1 Cor. 10:17). See also 1 Cor. 12:13 and Eph. 2:16.

    "I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I give for the life of the world is my flesh" (John 6:51).

    This means that anyone who eats/partakes of Christ is part of the one body. The twelve disciples ate of "this bread" and therefore are part of the "one body."

    #35
    Israel (i.e. the 12 disciples & the circumcision to whom they ministered, in other words, remnant Israel) is part of the Body of Christ because they eat of the one bread, which is Christ, and we are told that those who eat of this one Bread are one body (1 Cor. 10:17).

    Gentiles, although not part of Israel, partake in the covenant blessings of Israel—they are grafted into the rich root (Rom. 11:17)—through the Body of Christ.

    Although Paul ministered to the uncircumcision, Paul, too, is part of remnant Israel (Rom. 11:1, 5). This means Paul, although part of the Body of Christ, is also part of Israel. If we could picture one big circle as the Body of Christ, I’d put Israel (remnant Israel) in the middle and Gentiles in the middle. We’re all part of the one Body by eating the one Bread, but Israel remains Israel and Gentiles remain Gentiles.

    YOUR TURN! What are the terms? What is one saved by in the kingdom group?

  14. #44
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 700 Times in 515 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    228161
    Quote Originally Posted by surrender View Post
    LOL…here we go again. I did answer your OP! You certainly are something. Your OP, in case you’ve forgotten is: “Are the 12 apostles in or out of the body of Christ?”

    I answered your OP in post #33 and post #35:

    #33:
    Paul tells us that when we partake of the one bread, we are one body (1 Cor. 10:17). See also 1 Cor. 12:13 and Eph. 2:16.

    "I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I give for the life of the world is my flesh" (John 6:51).

    This means that anyone who eats/partakes of Christ is part of the one body. The twelve disciples ate of "this bread" and therefore are part of the "one body."

    #35
    Israel (i.e. the 12 disciples & the circumcision to whom they ministered, in other words, remnant Israel) is part of the Body of Christ because they eat of the one bread, which is Christ, and we are told that those who eat of this one Bread are one body (1 Cor. 10:17).

    Gentiles, although not part of Israel, partake in the covenant blessings of Israel—they are grafted into the rich root (Rom. 11:17)—through the Body of Christ.

    Although Paul ministered to the uncircumcision, Paul, too, is part of remnant Israel (Rom. 11:1, 5). This means Paul, although part of the Body of Christ, is also part of Israel. If we could picture one big circle as the Body of Christ, I’d put Israel (remnant Israel) in the middle and Gentiles in the middle. We’re all part of the one Body by eating the one Bread, but Israel remains Israel and Gentiles remain Gentiles.

    YOUR TURN! What are the terms? What is one saved by in the kingdom group?

    Hi , and the 12 did not know what the Body of Christ is , until they came into contact with Paul , and you do not yet understand that !!

    Israel is all Jewish !!

    The Body of Christ was not made known in the Gospels and in the Body , all lose their INDENTITY " in Christ " and that means no Jews or Gentiles or Male or Female !!

    What is is about Gal 3:28 that you do not understand ??

    dan p

  15. #45
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1471
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi , and the 12 did not know what the Body of Christ is , until they came into contact with Paul , and you do not yet understand that !!
    So? It was a year after I was saved that I understood what the Body of Christ was. Does one have to understand what it is before the Spirit is able to baptize you into it? Are we saved by faith + understand the body of Christ?

    Israel is all Jewish !!
    Well, there are converted Gentiles, too (i.e. proselytes).

    The Body of Christ was not made known in the Gospels and in the Body , all lose their INDENTITY " in Christ " and that means no Jews or Gentiles or Male or Female !!
    So, you’re no longer a male? Surely, you haven’t become a female. Are you neutered, like a dog? Are you now androgynous? Do you see how absurd this becomes when you take the metaphor too literally? You are still a male in the body of Christ. When I meet you in the next age, I will not see the face of a genderless being, I will see a man. No, no, no, Dan, you don’t literally become “unmale.” The point Paul is making in Gal 3:28 is that we all come to God the same way—through Christ.

    Still waiting. What are the terms? What is one saved by in the kingdom group?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us