Thread: Faith to believe on Christ !

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    You reject the Truth and teach a salvation by works, which is what the majority of false religion teaches ! You are on that broad way to destruction that many travel on Matt 7:13-14

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The Truth I witness to is the very narrow way, few find it !
    Paul is not the narrow way. I am the gate, anyone who enters by me will be saved. Have faith in God and faith in me. Jesus sent me.

Scripture has it; "One heart and one way is what I shall give them so they shall revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me.He commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He commanded me. I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,583 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Princely View Post
    Paul is not the narrow way. I am the gate, anyone who enters by me will be saved. Have faith in God and faith in me. Jesus sent me.

Scripture has it; "One heart and one way is what I shall give them so they shall revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me.He commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He commanded me. I do nothing on my own, I only say what the Lord has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him.
    Either you're insane or you're trying to make yourself look greater than you are?? I vote for both!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,122 Times in 3,021 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prince

Paul is not the narrow way.
    Where do you see in that quote anytrhing about Paul being the narrow way ?
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Either you're insane or you're trying to make yourself look greater than you are?? I vote for both!!
    Why would I say the things I do when people just reject me as they did Jesus. I tell you what the Lord commanded me. I am exactly what I declare. So I am either who I say I am and you reject the son of man who comes to separate the flock or I am not. If I am the son of man then surely if you do not put faith in me, you will die in your sin. "The son of man will come at a time you least expect". This is that time.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Princely View Post
    Why would I say the things I do when people just reject me as they did Jesus. I tell you what the Lord commanded me. I am exactly what I declare. So I am either who I say I am and you reject the son of man who comes to separate the flock or I am not. If I am the son of man then surely if you do not put faith in me, you will die in your sin. "The son of man will come at a time you least expect". This is that time.
    You are a fraud, and a complete nutball!!

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Princely insinuates he's some "specially chosen" messenger!! I believe he may have mental issues warping his sense of reason and logic!! Or perhaps someone who just likes to get on others nerves. Either way he's a complete nuisance!!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faith in Christ for Salvation is restricted to and is a Divine Summons to only those who are spiritually hungry for the bread of Life. This call to faith was even the case in the OT under the OC, for observe Isa 55:1-2

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that[Bread] which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

Bread here is the Lord Jesus Christ and those OC Doctrines which set Him forth as the object of Faith Jn 8:56 !

In other words men do seek to come to God other than by a Election in Christ, For those who will believe and Trust in Christ, the bread from heaven Jn 6:32,33,41,50-51,58, they first need to be made to hunger for that bread or for His Righteousness as Per Matt 5:6.

The Righteousness here is Christ's Righteousness, the bread of life Jn 6:35

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

And it is the Holy Spirit who creates this Spiritual Hunger and Thirst for Christ, the Bread of Life and His Righteousness, as we see in Jn 16:8,10,14 !

And so pay attention, for those who truly have a Spiritual Hunger for the Bread of Life,and Christ's Righteousness, its all satisfied in Christ the Bread of Life, and Christ our Righteousness, and thus the Gospel reveals to such a Righteousness of God, revealed to from to faith, thus confirming Jesus promise Matt 5:6

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

That word filled also means satisfied or fulfill as to fulfill a desire ! Also to feed !

They shall be fed by the Gospel sent to them revealing to them the Righteousness of God, which is Christ Righteousness Imputed to them, and now this being made known to them consciously to God given Faith, and this is how Faith in Christ is accomplished in the Purpose of God for Salvation !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faith in Christ for Salvation cont

Many false teachers teach that Salvation is offered by the Gospel to all without exception, and that many to whom it is offered, that they just do not want it and so refuse it. This however is nothing but a lie, for the Salvation call is always directed to a specific set of characters like, Whosoever will [spiritual desire], but this call does exempt those who have no will to come as here Jn 5:40

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. or whosoever is laboring and are heavy laden Matt 11:28

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. OR

Whosoever thirst Jn 7:37

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

Matt 5:6

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

So for those who do not hunger and thirst, or who are not laboring and heavy laden, there is no call for them unto Faith in Christ.

To such Christ would not be precious, but unto us who believe, He is Precious 1 Pet 2:7

Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

The call to faith in Christ does not go out to any who are content and or indifferent in their sin. Do not be fooled by the deceivers; For listen, if you invite a hungry man to bread, he comes and eats, if you summon a thirsty man to drink, he thankfully comes and drinks, you summons a laboring burdened to rest and refreshment, he gladly receives it. If we recall Esau how he sold his birthright to his brother Jacob, it was while Esau was in a weary/ exhausted condition Gen 25:27-30

27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.

28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.

29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:

30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.

Notice Vs 29-30, when a person is weary, exhausted from working, his body craves or desires meat, rest and refreshment as Esau, such persons will not reject and treat with indifference that which they do desire and crave ! So it is in the Spiritual realm of things, with the Gospel feast, for it is prepared for them for whom God prepares them beforehand to receive it ! Lk 1:17

And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Peter 1:1 (NASB)
    1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
    To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours,
    by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

a faith of the same kind as ours
    the gentiles, can now partake in the same saving faith as the Jews.

by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ
    made available by the righteous act of Christ on the cross.

This passage is not intending imputed righteousness.

Crown Him, ye martyrs of your God, who from His altar call;
    Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all!
    Let every tribe and every tongue before Him prostrate fall;
    The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all!
    "Apart from me you can do nothing."~Jesus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Phil. 3:8 (ESV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Pet 1:1

Peter in this scripture does inform us where precious Faith comes from ! Its certainly not of ourselves Eph 2:8.
    Every commentator I know of, according to the grammatical structure of the sentence in the Greek, the gift of God only refers to the grace by which you are saved. It does not make sense for it to refer to faith, the way it was written. Even your boy Calvin agrees, look it up.

However that doesn't mean that Faith can be produced apart from God, for even the ability to make a choice to believe is a gift. Though I know you're trying to imply in such a way that that only Faith can be enacted if God does it for us, then it would no longer be me having faith in God, but God believing in himself, and saying I had faith in God would be a lie. Faith in God has to be enacted on our part, enabled by God, in order for it to be genuine. Nowhere does it say God believes for us.

Crown Him, ye martyrs of your God, who from His altar call;
    Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all!
    Let every tribe and every tongue before Him prostrate fall;
    The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all!
    "Apart from me you can do nothing."~Jesus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Phil. 3:8 (ESV)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eph 2:8

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Every commentator I know of, according to the grammatical structure of the sentence in the Greek, the gift of God only refers to the grace
    Faith is from the Grace, hence one believes by Grace the Gift of God Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

So it does not matter, the Grace is not of ourselves, so quite naturally neither is the Faith !

See where faith comes from also from 2 Pet 1:1

However that doesn't mean that Faith can be produced apart from God
    Its a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22, one receives faith to believe from the New Birth !

1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

That lively Hope and Faith are one and the same, that is Hope is born out of Faith !

The scripture here is plain that this lively hope / faith comes from being begotten again. The word begotten here is the greek word anagennaō
    which means:

produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

That new life is a Life of Faith opposesd to a life of unbelief !

Now I have presented this many many times before on this board !
    Last edited by beloved57; May 31st, 2014 at 04:22 AM.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Cor 12:9

made available by the righteous act of Christ on the cross.
    Thats a lie, what scripture says anything about being made available by the righteous act of Christ ?

This passage is not intending imputed righteousness
    It is, actually its the imparted Righteousness of Christ which is communicated at the New Birth !
    Last edited by beloved57; June 4th, 2014 at 07:08 PM.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faith is a Gift of God's Favor to a person, in other words all for whom Christ died, even while being enemies in themselves, they had nevertheless been reconciled to God, strictly by the Death of His Son. Now to be reconciled also means to be received into God's Favor ! The word reconciled is the greek word katallassō and means:

to change, exchange, as coins for others of equivalent value

a) to reconcile (those who are at variance)

b) return to favour with, be reconciled to one

c) to receive one into favour

Hence all those favored ones, God gives them Faith to know and understand what Christ has done for them by His blood !

Thats why Paul writes this Rom 8:32

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

That word give is the greek word charizomai which means to:

to do something pleasant or agreeable (to one), to do a favour to, gratify

a) to show one's self gracious, kind, benevolent

b) to grant forgiveness, to pardon

c) to give graciously, give freely, bestow

1) to forgive

2) graciously to restore one to another

3) to preserve for one a person in peril

And its the same word Paul uses here Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Its a must for all whom Christ died, for them to be given Faith in behalf of Christ, for them to believe upon Him for Salvation !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chosen to believe, not believe to be Chosen !

Isa 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Remember Jesus said Jn 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And John also wrote 1 Jn 5:20

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Every True Believer is one of God's Elect, and Faith or Believing is what they were Chosen unto, and not because of !

Lets look at 1 Pet 1:2

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Notice unto obedience, not because of obedience ! Now this obedience is Faith, meaning the obedience of Faith Rom 16:26

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Also 2 Thess 2:13 is to the same purport 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Charles Spurgeon !

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isa 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Remember Jesus said Jn 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
    What you fail to see is that the chosen are those who witness for the Lord and serve Him.

Another thing is that Jesus would have never called himself Jesus Christ in that other verse, that was added in. The verse goes like this;

"Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the One whom you sent."

The Lord says this;

I will change and purify the lips of the people so they shall all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

Thread Information