User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How does open theism intepret these verses?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Aware of us and personally watching us are not the same thing.

Satan cannot do anything that is not allowed - see Job.

I believe the Father is omniscient but not Christ, I believe certain things are brought to Gods attention as needed and our prayers are taken up to God via angels like the bible says and i believe those things explain for example why Christ would not know the time of His return, and deal with Christ being tempted in every point as we are, because we do not know the future. (The Father does though imo)

It also explains why God "came down to see" certain things in scripture first hand.

The angels i believe record everything so no, God doesnt have to be watching our every move or "He might miss a sin" as you say.
    This is more of a JW view that limits God. It sounds more like Gnosticism and angelic mediators than biblical Christianity.

The incarnation and other issues are more relevant than your speculative views that most Christian thinkers would reject.
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,755 Times in 11,887 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godrulz View Post
    This is more of a JW view that limits God. It sounds more like Gnosticism and angelic mediators than biblical Christianity.

The incarnation and other issues are more relevant than your speculative views that most Christian thinkers would reject.
    False assertion. Show where i have limited God in anyway. I limited what satan can do, you give him too much power. Nothing i believe is like JW.

I maintain He knows everything that will ever happen already.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 23rd, 2016),Tambora (April 23rd, 2016)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

False assertion. Show where i have limited God in anyway. Nothing i believe is like JW.

I maintain He knows everything that will ever happen already.
    You are talking about God not paying attention and angels bringing Him info?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are talking about God not paying attention and angels bringing Him info?
    Where did i say God doesnt pay attention? Another false assertion. As far as angels, an angel is a messenger for God, and Revelation 5:8 shows them presenting prayers of the saints to God. The old testament shows several verses where those messengers come and get information for God as well.

Revelation 8:3 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne 4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel’s hand.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Waiting for you to back your false assertions godrulz or retract them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 682 Posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God has absolutely no Idea how I will respond to the next post. But God does know me and God does know you. God knows that if I am not very careful I will get reported for intentional disturbance or some other offense. He has told me to tread very carefully.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeset View Post
    God has absolutely no Idea how I will respond to the next post. But God does know me and God does know you. God knows that if I am not very careful I will get reported for intentional disturbance or some other offense. He has told me to tread very carefully.
    You don't fool anyone and i can assure you God knows what you are up to, even if you don't believe it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do angels always take our prayers up to God? Is God deaf, dumb, blind like an idol? You make a big doctrine out of an obscure verse, yet fail to see that God hears and answers prayers directly?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do angels always take our prayers up to God? Is God deaf, dumb, blind like an idol? You make a big doctrine out of an obscure verse, yet fail to see that God hears and answers prayers directly?
    I have no response to you, untill you back your false witness or retract it. I seek honest discussion not to mention your side topic is now another entire discussion, and i am begining to not see the need for a seperate forum to have on topic discussions without the rhetoric that you and eeset keep throwing out to derail the actual discussion.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no response to you, untill you back your false witness or retract it. I seek honest discussion.
    Perhaps your wording is imprecise or you are unbalanced in some of your views. Let the other readers decide.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 682 Posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't fool anyone and i can assure you God knows what you are up to, even if you don't believe it.
    I was not addressing you. How pompous can you get?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Perhaps your wording is imprecise or you are unbalanced in some of your views. Let the other readers decide.
    Why wont you back your claims - is it because you just want to hurl nonsense to cover your inability to stay on topic and deal with the topic at hand?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Closing thread, no point in a pointless off topic discussion.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Thread Information