User Tag List

Page 7 of 214 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 3204

Thread: Jesus is God !

  1. #91
    Over 2000 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 613 Times in 382 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152332
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    1+1+1=3 not 1

    God the Father + God the Son + God the Holy Spirit = 3 Gods not 1 God

    Your math is wrong.

    refute this...

    1x1x1 = 1




    And no you cannot use multiplication because Jesus always make a disticntion between Himself and the Father and also between Himself and the Holy Spirit.
    Each is the one God...so, yes...1x1x1 =1




    No matter how you slice it you talk about 3 Gods but call those 3 Gods 1.
    Show us scripture that states that there are three Gods.

    After all, this is what you think the Trinity is....good luck on that defending that one...







    If the Holy Spirit is a God and Jesus says He will send ANOTHER it obviously is ANOTHER.
    Scripture?

  2. #92
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple7 View Post
    Your math is wrong.

    refute this...

    1x1x1 = 1






    Each is the one God...so, yes...1x1x1 =1






    Show us scripture that states that there are three Gods.

    After all, this is what you think the Trinity is....good luck on that defending that one...









    Scripture?



    1+1+1=3

    And you say that math is wrong.




    Already explain you cannot use multiplication because Jesus said He would send ANOTHER.

    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

    Now if the Holy Spirit is God and Jesus tells us ANOTHER shell be sent it is someone else besides Himself and if Jesus is God then the Holy spirit cannot be God. Thus showing the trinity is a man made doctrine.

  3. #93
    Over 2000 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 613 Times in 382 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152332
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    1+1+1=3

    And you say that math is wrong.

    Your math is wrong.

    You have demonstrated that you don't know what the Trinity is.

    You are fighting a straw-man...





    Already explain you cannot use multiplication because Jesus said He would send ANOTHER.

    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

    Now if the Holy Spirit is God and Jesus tells us ANOTHER shell be sent it is someone else besides Himself and if Jesus is God then the Holy spirit cannot be God. Thus showing the trinity is a man made doctrine

    Another what?

    Another God?

    lol....no, brother...

    Show us the scripture in context....or...is this how your position works - by taking things out of context and ignoring the original languages...



    .

  4. #94
    Journeyman SeraphimsCherub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    4894
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    1+1+1=3

    And you say that math is wrong.




    Already explain you cannot use multiplication because Jesus said He would send ANOTHER.

    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

    Now if the Holy Spirit is God and Jesus tells us ANOTHER shell be sent it is someone else besides Himself and if Jesus is God then the Holy spirit cannot be God. Thus showing the trinity is a man made doctrine.
    Well the HOLY SPIRIT is obviously GOD too. Becuase JESUS HIMSELF tells us,that blasphemy against THE HOLY SPIRIT is the only unforgivable sin. And that all manner of blasphemies against HIMSELF{JESUS} can be forgiven;but whosoever shall commit blasphemy against THE HOLY SPIRIT never hath forgiveness in this life,and that one which is to come here after.

  5. #95
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple7 View Post
    Your math is wrong.

    You have demonstrated that you don't know what the Trinity is.

    You are fighting a straw-man...







    Another what?

    Another God?

    lol....no, brother...

    Show us the scripture in context....or...is this how your position works - by taking things out of context and ignoring the original languages...



    .

    Read the scriptures yourself, I am not doing you leg work for you.

    Jn.14
    Jn.15
    Jn.16

    ANOTHER is the comforter = the Holy Ghost/Spirit

    Now according to the Trinitarian belief the Holy Spirit is the one true God, Jesus Christ is the one true God and the Father is the one true God.

    So who is this ANOTHER? According to Trinitarians it has to be the ONE true God.

    So how can the one true God be Jesus because Jesus said it was ANOTHER?

    Jesus also says that this comforter will not speak of himself but will glorify Jesus.

    Yet the Trinitarian belief is that the comforter and Jesus and the Father are all ONE God.

    So how can the comforter NOT speak of himself, yet glorify Jesus?

    Would not speaking of himself glorify Jesus if they are indeed ONE God?

  6. #96
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimsCherub View Post
    Well the HOLY SPIRIT is obviously GOD too. Becuase JESUS HIMSELF tells us,that blasphemy against THE HOLY SPIRIT is the only unforgivable sin. And that all manner of blasphemies against HIMSELF{JESUS} can be forgiven;but whosoever shall commit blasphemy against THE HOLY SPIRIT never hath forgiveness in this life,and that one which is to come here after.
    So if Jesus is the one true God why is blasphemy against him forgiven, yet not forgiven when agaist the Holy Spirit?

    If they are the same God it should carry the same sentence.

  7. #97
    Over 2000 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 613 Times in 382 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152332
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    Read the scriptures yourself, I am not doing you leg work for you.

    Jn.14
    Jn.15
    Jn.16

    ANOTHER is the comforter = the Holy Ghost/Spirit

    Now according to the Trinitarian belief the Holy Spirit is the one true God, Jesus Christ is the one true God and the Father is the one true God.

    So who is this ANOTHER? According to Trinitarians it has to be the ONE true God.

    So how can the one true God be Jesus because Jesus said it was ANOTHER?

    Jesus also says that this comforter will not speak of himself but will glorify Jesus.

    Yet the Trinitarian belief is that the comforter and Jesus and the Father are all ONE God.

    So how can the comforter NOT speak of himself, yet glorify Jesus?

    Would not speaking of himself glorify Jesus if they are indeed ONE God?


    Little wonder that you don’t want to show the Greek, brother.

    Again…another what?

    The Greek states another paraklēton….not another Theos!

    Another uni drop-dead ignorant of scripture…

  8. #98
    Journeyman SeraphimsCherub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    4894
    Because THE HOLY SPIRIT IS HIS SPIRIT. "And HE shall not speak of another;but shall glorify ME". Why?? Because HE IS MY{JESUS} SPIRIT. Plus the realm of HIS SPIRIT is a HIGHER Existance than the physical Created realm of HIS Flesh. So to sin against HIS SPIRIT,is a far greater,and Eternal insult in HIS EYE'S than to sin against HIS Flesh.

  9. #99
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    73
    John 8:17-18
    17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

    If Jesus and the Father are ONE being then why does it say the testimony of two men is true?

    Jesus goes on to say.

    18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

    Thus we have a witness of TWO.




    John 17:3
    3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.


    1 Timothy 2:5
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;



    Hebrews 3:1-2


    Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; 2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

    John 10:29
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

    John 14:28
    28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.


    John 20:17
    17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    .

    1 Corinthians 8:5-6
    5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.


    Now we know that the Father is NOT the Son and only the FATHER is called the ONE GOD.


    Ephesians 3:14
    14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

  10. #100
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple7 View Post
    Little wonder that you don’t want to show the Greek, brother.

    Again…another what?

    The Greek states another paraklēton….not another Theos!

    Another uni drop-dead ignorant of scripture…
    Silly you just undid your whole belief.

    The Holy Ghost/Spirit according to you guys is GOD.

    Now you are saying He/Holy Spirit is NOT God but ANOTHER.

  11. #101
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimsCherub View Post
    Because THE HOLY SPIRIT IS HIS SPIRIT. "And HE shall not speak of another;but shall glorify ME". Why?? Because HE IS MY{JESUS} SPIRIT. Plus the realm of HIS SPIRIT is a HIGHER Existance than the physical Created realm of HIS Flesh. So to sin against HIS SPIRIT,is a far greater,and Eternal insult in HIS EYE'S than to sin against HIS Flesh.
    is that not the same as saying Jesus is God but he was not God while in the flesh.

  12. #102
    Journeyman SeraphimsCherub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    4894
    For GOD ordained within HIMSELF that HIS MANHOOD would FOREVER be in PERFECT SUBJECTION,AND OBEDIANCE TO THE WILL OF HIS GODHOOD. For the GLORY of HIS MANHOOD,IS THAT HE EVER LIVETH IN PERFECT OBEDIANCE,AND ABSOLUTE ONENESS TO THE LAW,AND WILL OF HIS GODHOOD. GLORY BE TO GOD!!!

    Revelations...
    Blessings...
    SC

  13. #103
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimsCherub View Post
    For GOD ordained within HIMSELF that HIS MANHOOD would FOREVER be in PERFECT SUBJECTION,AND OBEDIANCE TO THE WILL OF HIS GODHOOD. For the GLORY of HIS MANHOOD,IS THAT HE EVER LIVETH IN PERFECT OBEDIANCE,AND ABSOLUTE ONENESS TO THE LAW,AND WILL OF HIS GODHOOD. GLORY BE TO GOD!!!

    Revelations...
    Blessings...
    SC
    I understand that is what you believe but where is the scripture that says God ordained within Himself that his manhood would forever be subject to his Godhood.

  14. #104
    Over 2000 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanks
    205
    Thanked 613 Times in 382 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    152332
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    John 8:17-18
    17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

    If Jesus and the Father are ONE being then why does it say the testimony of two men is true?

    Jesus goes on to say.

    18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

    Thus we have a witness of TWO.




    John 17:3
    3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.


    1 Timothy 2:5
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;



    Hebrews 3:1-2


    Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; 2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

    John 10:29
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

    John 14:28
    28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.


    John 20:17
    17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    .

    1 Corinthians 8:5-6
    5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.


    Now we know that the Father is NOT the Son and only the FATHER is called the ONE GOD.

    Ephesians 3:14
    14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

    Again....you demonstrate your ignorance of the Trinity.

    The Trinity already mandates that the Father is not the Son is not the Spirit.

    However, each is the One God.

    Time that you took a look at my avatar.


    Further, let's review your ignorance of Greek, as thus...


    Of the seventy times in which the demonstrative pronoun ουτος has a personal referent in the Gospel of John and his Epistles, the Father is never the referent! This fact, along with proximity, significantly increases the likelihood that Jesus Christ is the antecedent in the case of 1 John 5.20, as thus…


    οιδαμεν δε οτι ο υιος του θεου ηκει και δεδωκεν ημιν διανοιαν ινα γινωσκομεν τον αληθινον και εσμεν εν τω αληθινω εν τω υιω αυτου ιησου χριστω ουτος εστιν ο αληθινος θεος και ζωη αιωνιος

    oidamen de hoti ho huios tou theou hēkei kai dedōken hēmin dianoian hina ginōskōmen ton alēthinon kai esmen en tō huiō autou Iēsou Christō houtos estin ho alēthinos theos kai zōē aiōnios

    And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know the true One, and we are in the true One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and the life eternal. (1 John 5.20)




    Regarding your centerpiece, John 17.3, if you were even remotely familiar with Greek, then you would already be cognizant that there are absolutely no grammatical reasons at all for denying that αληθινον θεον refers to Jesus Christ.

    This can be deduced from a study of the article with multiple substantives connected via kai.


    αυτη δε εστιν η αιωνιος ζωη ινα γινωσκωσιν σε τον μονον αληθινον θεον και ον απεστειλας ιησουν χριστον

    hautē de estin hē aiōnios zōē hina ginōskōsin se ton monon alēthinon theon kai hon apesteilas Iēsoun christon

    And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent. (John 17.3)


    Thus…it is only out of your sheer ignorance of NT Greek that you have chosen to follow a cult which denies that Jesus is the one true God.


    You have nothing.

  15. #105
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    73
    This Trinitarian doctrine actually belittles the sacrifice God gave for us, for which is the greater sacrifice, to God? That of Himself or that of His son?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us