User Tag List

Page 5 of 214 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 3206

Thread: Jesus is God !

  1. #61
    Over 2500 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,663
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 944 Times in 621 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    154387
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    Your sig, pops.

    Who gives the 'right to the tree of life'....?

  2. #62
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, California
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Matt 19:16-26

    16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

    17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

    18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

    19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

    20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

    21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

    22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

    23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

    24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

    25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

    26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.


    This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

    Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

    Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

    Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

    For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !
    I like your logic here.

    Jesus never said he wasn't good, hence God.
    He merely asked the young man "Why."
    Why call me that?

  3. #63
    TOL Legend keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    8,183
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 616 Times in 517 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    131501
    Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    *
    Oh a copy....which of your learned scholars did you get that one from?

    How is a son different in nature and attributes to his father?
    I'm a scholar, not a good one though. I'm still learning.

    The Father is uncreated.
    The son I see as a creation, for heis the image of his father. They are both spirits. So the Father can not die, but the son can. The son took the form of man so people could see what and who God is. This is the wy God was manifest in man. See, God did not send himself, he sent his son.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  4. #64
    Over 2500 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,663
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 944 Times in 621 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    154387
    Quote Originally Posted by dave3712 View Post
    I like your logic here.

    Jesus never said he wasn't good, hence God.
    He merely asked the young man "Why."
    Why call me that?
    Now...try asking for his 'logic' for stating that the Archangel Michael is Jesus...

    By his reasoning, then Michael is God.

  5. #65
    TOL Legend keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    8,183
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 616 Times in 517 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    131501
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    Yet God said that there was no God formed before or after Him, Isaiah 43:10.

    How many times need you be told this?
    So you think I should discard the Books of Hebrews and Colossins?

    If Jesus Christ is the son of the most high God, what does that make him?
    If Christ is the express image of the Father, what does that make him?
    If God calls him a god, what does that mke him?

    Why did Jesus Christ say that his Father is the only true God?
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  6. #66
    Over 2500 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,663
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 944 Times in 621 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    154387
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple7 View Post
    Your sig, pops.

    Who gives the 'right to the tree of life'....?

    Bump for pops...

  7. #67
    Over 2500 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,663
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 944 Times in 621 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    154387
    What's wrong, pops...don't you understand your very own signature...?

  8. #68
    Over 2500 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,663
    Thanks
    281
    Thanked 944 Times in 621 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    154387
    Look at him run, folks....pops is all bark and no bite...

  9. #69
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, California
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    I call you attention to The words "son of the most high God".

    The term Most high God is used all through scripture. Jesus is called the son of the most high God. That means he is not the almighty, but the son of. It also implies a second and lesser deity. Christ is the express image of God and the father was pleased that it had his fullness.

    Just something to ponder over.

    Peace
    I agree.

    When Jesus he "I am the Truth, and the life, and the way" he was telling us explicitly that his Father was the almighty force behind the ever unfolding Reality that surrounds us.

    Truth is the ideal which we strive to model our thinking after.
    Truth is the image of this Reality in our mind, a spirit we can accept in place of Satan the liar.

  10. #70
    TOL Legend keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    8,183
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 616 Times in 517 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    131501
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple7 View Post
    Look at him run, folks....pops is all bark and no bite...
    You poor little child Apple7. I was hoping that you would have grown up by now. But I guess I was asking to much. But I will answer for you so that maybe you will learn something.

    My Lord gives me the right to the tree of life Apple7. My God has given him the power to pass out the tickets. I guess you did not get yours yet.

    You still believe in Santa right? How about the Easter Bunny?
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  11. #71
    TOL Legend keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    8,183
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 616 Times in 517 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    131501
    Quote Originally Posted by dave3712 View Post
    I agree.

    When Jesus he "I am the Truth, and the life, and the way" he was telling us explicitly that his Father was the almighty force behind the ever unfolding Reality that surrounds us.

    Truth is the ideal which we strive to model our thinking after.
    Truth is the image of this Reality in our mind, a spirit we can accept in place of Satan the liar.
    Mar 14:61 But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?
    Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

    That in in a nutshell friend.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  12. #72
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    3207
    Well played Beloved57 … you expose this subject!!!

    When Trinitarians say "God," they mean the combination of all three persons, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. If they want to refer to one specific member of the Trinity they will use the corresponding name such as "the Son" etc.

    That’s it for the definitions for now, I hope that wasn’t too deep! Okay, one set up verse. Trinitarians will agree that there is only one God who is called Yahweh. The problem is that they include Jesus as a member of Yahweh. But for now, we all agree that the only God is Yahweh.

    Isaiah 45:5 – "I am the LORD (YHWH) and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

    This is pretty simple. YHWH is the ONLY God. So far, so good.

    Exodus 3:15 – "Thus shall you say to the Israelites: The LORD (YHWH), the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, has sent me to you."

    Okay, the God of your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the LORD (YHWH).

    The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob = YHWH.

    Acts 3:13 – "The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has glorified his servant Jesus."

    Does this verse imply that Jesus is the God of Abraham etc.? Of course not! Just read it. The God of Abraham glorified who?

    Himself? No! He glorified his servant Jesus. This is not difficult. Jesus is obviously not the God of Abraham etc. He is the God of Abraham’s SERVANT. Who is the God of Abraham? YHWH. And YHWH is who? The ONLY God. So Jesus is not God? Of course not. He is God’s anointed.

    Acts 10:38 – "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power. He went about doing good and healing all oppressed by the devil, for God was with him."

    Who anointed Jesus? It doesn’t say the Father anointed Jesus, it says GOD. You can obviously see that Jesus is not the God that anointed him. If I said, "The king anointed Bob," would you think that it meant that Bob is the king? Of course not. Jesus is the servant whom God anointed to do his will. That is the whole purpose of anointing someone, to give them the wisdom and power that they will need in order to serve God. Does it make sense to you that God would anoint God with God?

    I just proved you right… Beloved57 !

    Paul
    From the cowardice that shrinks from new truth,
    From the laziness that is content with half-truths,
    From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth,
    Oh God of Truth, deliver us.

    ~ Ancient Prayer

  13. #73
    TOL Legend keypurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    8,183
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 616 Times in 517 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    131501
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierac View Post
    Well played Beloved57 … you expose this subject!!!

    When Trinitarians say "God," they mean the combination of all three persons, Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. If they want to refer to one specific member of the Trinity they will use the corresponding name such as "the Son" etc.

    That’s it for the definitions for now, I hope that wasn’t too deep! Okay, one set up verse. Trinitarians will agree that there is only one God who is called Yahweh. The problem is that they include Jesus as a member of Yahweh. But for now, we all agree that the only God is Yahweh.

    Isaiah 45:5 – "I am the LORD (YHWH) and there is no other, there is no God besides me."

    This is pretty simple. YHWH is the ONLY God. So far, so good.

    Exodus 3:15 – "Thus shall you say to the Israelites: The LORD (YHWH), the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, has sent me to you."

    Okay, the God of your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is the LORD (YHWH).

    The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob = YHWH.

    Acts 3:13 – "The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has glorified his servant Jesus."

    Does this verse imply that Jesus is the God of Abraham etc.? Of course not! Just read it. The God of Abraham glorified who?

    Himself? No! He glorified his servant Jesus. This is not difficult. Jesus is obviously not the God of Abraham etc. He is the God of Abraham’s SERVANT. Who is the God of Abraham? YHWH. And YHWH is who? The ONLY God. So Jesus is not God? Of course not. He is God’s anointed.

    Acts 10:38 – "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power. He went about doing good and healing all oppressed by the devil, for God was with him."

    Who anointed Jesus? It doesn’t say the Father anointed Jesus, it says GOD. You can obviously see that Jesus is not the God that anointed him. If I said, "The king anointed Bob," would you think that it meant that Bob is the king? Of course not. Jesus is the servant whom God anointed to do his will. That is the whole purpose of anointing someone, to give them the wisdom and power that they will need in order to serve God. Does it make sense to you that God would anoint God with God?

    I just proved you right… Beloved57 !

    Paul
    I hope he sees it Paul.

    The Apostle Paul says we have one God and one Lord. I believe that.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

    Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

    I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

  14. #74
    Silver Member Totton Linnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Hants
    Posts
    8,295
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 797 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1203401
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    I'm a scholar, not a good one though. I'm still learning.

    The Father is uncreated.
    The son I see as a creation, for heis the image of his father. They are both spirits. So the Father can not die, but the son can. The son took the form of man so people could see what and who God is. This is the wy God was manifest in man. See, God did not send himself, he sent his son.
    *
    Ah I fear you is doting keeps, what sense do you make?...you say

    "the son took the form of man so people could see what and who God is."

    Now what could THAT be double dutch for I wonder. "He took the form" so at last you admit His pre-existence, what form then did He have before He took the form of man?

    Paul say He was in the form of God.

    How by becoming man does He show God? His enemies [and unitarians] dispute that He was God and they went so far as to say He was of the devil [you only say we who believe in His deity are of the devil] so His deity was not revealed to everyone.

    "Flesh and blood hath not revealed this unto you but My Father in heaven"

    So you will agree from this that His deity was not revealed by becoming a man but veiled [oh learned keeps]

    When God revealed to Peter Jesu's Sonship He was revealing Christ's deity...for YOU were not conceived in the womb of a virgin by the Holy Spirit were you? no, nor was any man but Christ was.
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

  15. #75
    Journeyman SeraphimsCherub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    4898
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    The law WAS a burden. Not any more. They were trying to earn salvation. You can't, it a gift. Have faith and stop worrying.
    Amen my brother...we are brother's in Christ Jesus our Lord,and we have a Love for GOD sewn into our heart's by the Holy Spirit,and that's all that truly matters.

    Blessings...
    SC

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us