Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconodule View Post
    Listen to Saint Athanasius:

God made all things out of nothing through His own Word, our Lord Jesus Christ and of all these His earthly creatures He reserved especial mercy for the race of men. Upon them, therefore, upon men who, as animals, were essentially impermanent, He bestowed a grace which other creatures lacked—namely the impress of His own Image, a share in the reasonable being of the very Word Himself, so that, reflecting Him and themselves becoming reasonable and expressing the Mind of God even as He does.
    I would rather listen to Jesus for all other see God the Father through a glass darkly.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    kp

I have nothing to do with your god !

Beloved we all worship the same God, our understanding of God just differs.

When Moses raised up the serpent we are told that it was a representation of Jesus being lifted up on the cross.

What did the people do with the serpent Moses raised up? They began to worship that serpent as God.

And people are doing the same thing today with Jesus, they worship Him/Jesus as God.

Just as those of olden days made an idol out of the serpent, people today have made an idol out of Jesus.

Jesus is the best of us all, but he is not God the Father.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These Three Verses Pretty Much Sums It All Up To Me That JESUS IS GOD!

1.Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Because GOD IS THE EVER PRESENT ETERNAL NOW,HE IS therefore changeless,and REMAINS THE SAME ETERNAL EVERLASTING FOREVER. Therefore in Hebrews is written the Divine utterance,and Revelation of this fact:
    Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

3.Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I mean...how much clearer can it get by those statements that JESUS IS 100% ALMIGHTY GOD ?? This isn't rocket science folks!

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimsCherub View Post

1.Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Because GOD IS THE EVER PRESENT ETERNAL NOW,HE IS therefore changeless,and REMAINS THE SAME ETERNAL EVERLASTING FOREVER. Therefore in Hebrews is written the Divine utterance,and Revelation of this fact:

3.Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I mean...how much clearer can it get by those statements that JESUS IS 100% ALMIGHTY GOD ?? This isn't rocket science folks!

Sorry but none of those scriptures state Jesus is God the Father, you only get that understanding by inference.

Jesus throughout scripture always makes a distinction between the Father and Himself.

I go to my God and your God

Jesus God is the same as our God.

The Father is greater then I

If Jesus tells us the Father is greater then Him should we not listen to Jesus?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,806 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pn

Beloved we all worship the same God,
    Uh no we do not ! If you want to discuss that, we need to discuss how you believe one is saved, but not here in this thread !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone can choose to use what ever verses they desire in want to convince another of what they believe. The greater POWER i choose to believe JESUS CHRIST IS{THE MOST HIGH GOD,BOTH IN THE SPIRITUAL REALM,AND THE PHYSICAL} to be. The greater my faith will be in HIM and what HE CAN DO. He who has the POWER to lay down HIS life,and the POWER to RAISE it back up agian. IS GOD. Demons who are a far greater power than you,or I,believe in HIM,and TREMBLE. So we might want to think long and hard about who we choose to believe JESUS CHRIST really is. The MAN put ETERNITY on HIS WORDS,and said..."HEAVEN,AND EARTH SHALL PASS AWAY BUT MY WORDS ABIDETH FOREVER,AND SHALL NEVER PASS AWAY!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that a correct belief in WHO THE HIGHER POWER TRULY is,is in the power of your's or my own will. But is granted by the GRACE OF GOD,and HIM ALONE.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
    Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
    Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God !
    How does this square with your theory that Jesus is the Archangel Michael...?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apple7 View Post
    How does this square with your theory that Jesus is the Archangel Michael...?

I have explained that already, so get to looking !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have explained that already, so get to looking !
    Let me guess...instead of answering my direct question with a direct answer, this is where you tell me to to read through 1,000 pages that still provides no direct answer....right?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apple7 View Post
    Let me guess...instead of answering my direct question with a direct answer, this is where you tell me to to read through 1,000 pages that still provides no direct answer....right?
    Thats right ! I dealt with that before, and you not worth answering it again ! I can care less what you think. If you keep bugging me you will go on ignore also !

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

That crap means nothing to me !
    Obviously.

Suggestions:

1: Google it;
    2: ask your spiritual leader, or
    3: get thee to a seminary

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats right ! I dealt with that before, and you not worth answering it again ! I can care less what you think. If you keep bugging me you will go on ignore also !
    At 63, you should be able to provide a more direct answer than that....come on...

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kp

I have nothing to do with your god !
    You should for he is the only true God. I think we have the same one but we see him in a different way.

I have the same God Jesus has, so do you.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeraphimsCherub View Post

I call you attention to The words "son of the most high God".

The term Most high God is used all through scripture. Jesus is called the son of the most high God. That means he is not the almighty, but the son of. It also implies a second and lesser deity. Christ is the express image of God and the father was pleased that it had his fullness.

Just something to ponder over.

Peace
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thread Information