Thread: Jesus is God !

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeset View Post
    Sometimes the discussions on TOL make me want to dye my hair blond and go to work at Walmart! No human can comprehend God nor can anyone discern His thoughts. To discuss what God or Jesus is strikes me as close to delusion. Many have debated for over thousands of years the words recorded in Scripture. That accomplishes nothing except maybe to start a few wars. I say unto you that you will find what you seek. You may seek the esteem of others for your impressive knowledge of Scriptures or you may seek God. It is your choice.

Read Keyburrs slogan.

If we cannot comprehend God we cannot have eternal life.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconodule View Post
    Your reasoning does not follow. Man is created; God is uncreate and eternal.

We can be united to God by grace, but never by nature.

It is the very nature/essense of God in us that makes us eternal.

But that does not make us God.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The God I serve did die as the Man Jesus Christ Rev 2:8z
    My God can not die, but his son can.

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
    I do not dispute jesus died and was raise, just that God did not die.

This is the risen Christ speaking who died and is alive, byt he also Identifies Himself as The First and the Last, who is God Isa 44:6

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

I am speaking of the Christ and God I serve, you serve a different god and christ from me anyway !
    I know your faith, I had at one time. I see Jesus as a man, the Christ as a spirit. Jesus did have a duel nature, one of the flesh and one of the spirit. Jesus was born in Bethleham, Christ was created before the worlds.

Christ was IN Jesus. Christ is the express image of God. God is spirit, Christ is spirit. My beliefs.

Peace
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ is one person, fully God and fully man. Therefore, to say "Jesus Christ died" is to say "God died." You cannot separate Jesus from God.
    Consider that there was Christ before there was Jesus.

And again, Jesus is God. She is therefore the Mother of God.
    Jesus has a God, you can not have a God and be the almighty god. Jesus tells us that his father is the only true God. I believe him. I do think Christ is a form of god.

Incorrect.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
    In the beginning was the "logos", what is the "logos"

Friend, TOL would be very dull if we all agreed. Its OK to think YOUR way, I just think your wrong.

As Mr Knight would say, "Welcome to the Jungle"

Peace

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneuma View Post
    It is the very nature/essense of God in us that makes us eternal.

But that does not make us God.
    I am using the term nature/ essence ("ousia") in the same way that the Fathers of the Church used it. Perhaps you mean something else.

The nature of God is not "in" us. Our souls are impermanent by nature; only by God's grace are they immortal, because God is the only one immortal by nature.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    Consider that there was Christ before there was Jesus.
    The Son of God existed from eternity, eternally begotten of the Father, and was incarnate and in taking flesh also took the name "Jesus". That does not mean Jesus is a different person from the Son of God.

Jesus has a God, you can not have a God and be the almighty god. Jesus tells us that his father is the only true God. I believe him. I do think Christ is a form of god.
    The Father is the one true God. The Son, being of one essence with the Father, is also the one true God.

What does "form of god" mean? Either he is God, or he is a created being and therefore not God. If Jesus Christ is not God he could not be the Savior, because only God could save us.

Your teaching sounds much like what Arius preached. That's not good.

In the beginning was the "logos", what is the "logos"
    The Logos is the Son of God, who took flesh and is now known as Jesus.

Friend, TOL would be very dull if we all agreed. Its OK to think YOUR way, I just think your wrong.
    Do you feel that people are attacking your freedom of speech whenever they disagree with you? Are you so insecure in your beliefs?

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using the term nature/ essence ("ousia") in the same way that the Fathers of the Church used it. Perhaps you mean something else.

The nature of God is not "in" us. Our souls are impermanent by nature; only by God's grace are they immortal, because God is the only one immortal by nature.
    And He/God gives us that immortal nature.

Jesus is only the HEAD of the body of Christ.

Christ is a many membered body.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And He/God gives us that immortal nature.
    Again, we do not have the nature of God. God's nature is infinitely impenetrable and incomprehensible. We only know God through his energies.

Here's a starter so you can understand what I mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essence...inction_in_God

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does "form of god" mean? Either he is God, or he is a created being and therefore not God. If Jesus Christ is not God he could not be the Savior, because only God could save us.

Adam/man was created of God, Jesus Christ was born of God.

That which is born is not created.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Son of God existed from eternity, eternally begotten of the Father, and was incarnate and in taking flesh also took the name "Jesus". That does not mean Jesus is a different person from the Son of God.
    Yes, the father is nat a creation, but I believe his son is.

The Father is the one true God. The Son, being of one essence with the Father, is also the one true God.
    Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Nope, believe Jesus, see the word "only"

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

God has no limits friend, he can create another god if he so desires.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Your teaching sounds much like what Arius preached. That's not good.
    Why?

The Logos is the Son of God, who took flesh and is now known as Jesus.
    Scholars have debated that for centuries.

Do you feel that people are attacking your freedom of speech whenever they disagree with you? Are you so insecure in your beliefs?
    No, but your new here and I did not want you to think I was after your skin. I do not mean to offend, just discuss. but we should always question if we know enough about God.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, we do not have the nature of God. God's nature is infinitely impenetrable and incomprehensible. We only know God through his energies.

Here's a starter so you can understand what I mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essence...inction_in_God
    Icon Christ is a many membered body, it is NOT just one person named Jesus. Jesus is just the HEAD of the body.

And if Gods nature is impenetrable and incomprehensible the no one can have eternal life.

To know God is to KNOW Him, not just know about Him.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Icon Christ is a many membered body, it is NOT just one person named Jesus. Jesus is just the HEAD of the body.
    You are confused about the use of the term "Body of Christ" to refer to the Church. In the Church, we are united to Christ, especially by partaking of his Body and Blood in communion. That is why the Church is called "Body of Christ". Christ of course is the head of the Church. But Jesus Christ remains one person.

And if Gods nature is impenetrable and incomprehensible the no one can have eternal life.
    Not so. God grants us eternal life by his grace.

To know God is to KNOW Him, not just know about Him.
    Yes, and the best way to know him is to enter into his Church, instead of just trying to cobble together your own understanding from what you read.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen to Saint Athanasius:

God made all things out of nothing through His own Word, our Lord Jesus Christ and of all these His earthly creatures He reserved especial mercy for the race of men. Upon them, therefore, upon men who, as animals, were essentially impermanent, He bestowed a grace which other creatures lacked—namely the impress of His own Image, a share in the reasonable being of the very Word Himself, so that, reflecting Him and themselves becoming reasonable and expressing the Mind of God even as He does.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,816 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kp

My God can not die, but his son can.

I have nothing to do with your god !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are confused about the use of the term "Body of Christ" to refer to the Church. In the Church, we are united to Christ, especially by partaking of his Body and Blood in communion. That is why the Church is called "Body of Christ". Christ of course is the head of the Church. But Jesus Christ remains one person.

12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

The HEAD/Jesus cannot say to the feet/us I have no need of you.

Without us Christ is not complete, thus the whole world is still in travail.

We read in Acts 9:3-6
    3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Paul was persecuting the body of Christ, yet the Lord said to Paul why persecutest thou ME.

Until the whole body of Christ is crucified there still remains prophesy concerning Christ yet unfulfilled.
    Colossians 1:24

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind/lacking of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body’s sake, which is the church:

There was nothing lacking in Jesus afflictions He paid the full price correct?

Christ is not just the HEAD/JESUS but a many membered body, all prophesy concerning Christ must also be concerning the body and not just the head.

Genesis 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Romans 16:19-20
    19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. 20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

Hebrews 2:8-9

8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Why do we not see all things put in subjection to Christ?

Because we are the FEET and all things will not be put under subjection until the FEET are made manifest to the world.

But what do we see? We see Jesus the HEAD of the BODY of CHRIST.

Those scriptures do not pertains to Jesus Christ ALONE but to EVERY member of the BODY of CHRIST.

Until the FEET are formed the subjection of all things CANNOT take place.

Thus this prophesy in Gen.3:15 will not be completed until the manifestation of the feet company.

Not so. God grants us eternal life by his grace.
    While you might not believe it but Jesus says

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Yes, and the best way to know him is to enter into his Church, instead of just trying to cobble together your own understanding from what you read.

I take it you are referring to the RCC. Sorry but that ain't the church.

The best way to know God the Father is to listen to the HEAD/Jesus because all others only see God the Father through a glass darkly.

Thread Information