Thread: Jesus is God !

Thanks
    Thanked 45,662 Times in 28,087 Posts

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    Tambora be advised, I do not care if you disapprove my posts, I know you do not see fully what I have posted. Your, like most, blinded by the stories you have been taught. Your only displaying your misunderstanding of truth.
    I have my eyes wide open when reading scripture.
    I don't have to make stuff up as you do.

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 7th, 2018),JudgeRightly (May 5th, 2018),lifeisgood (May 5th, 2018),Right Divider (May 6th, 2018)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post

But I am not through learning yet.

You stopped learning years ago, pops...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apple7 For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 7th, 2018),JudgeRightly (May 5th, 2018),lifeisgood (May 7th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,332 Posts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From got questions.org

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God,” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (May 6th, 2018),lifeisgood (May 7th, 2018),Tambora (May 7th, 2018),way 2 go (May 7th, 2018)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God
    I believe that 16 and 17 continue the ongoing theme of Jesus chastising people about judgement. God is good requires no judgement as Jesus stated it as fact. To judge somebody else to be either good or bad requires judgement based upon ones judgement firstly of self and then concluding that the other either meets or exceeds ones own standards is therefore good or doesn't meet those standards and is therefore bad. Both are judgements and are expressly forbidden by Jesus.

That instruction and the unambiguous remainder of the passage are the keys tod God's kingdom. If one believes that the death, resurrection and ascension are the automatic right of passage for the Christian, well good luck with that and Jesus clearly must have spent three years or so blowing hot air for no purpose.

Thanks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    From got questions.org

The Bible never records Jesus saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

"thus saith the Lord" over 400 times in the old testament
    not once in the new testament

Jesus speaks for himself using "I say unto you" 120 times because he is God.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

glorydaz (May 7th, 2018),JudgeRightly (May 7th, 2018),lifeisgood (May 8th, 2018),Right Divider (May 8th, 2018),Tambora (May 7th, 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,968 Times in 2,332 Posts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Matthew 26:63-66 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
    63 But Jesus kept silent. Then the high priest said to Him, “By the living God I place You under oath: tell us if You are the Messiah, the Son of God!”

64 “You have said it,” Jesus told him. “But I tell you, in the future you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

65 Then the high priest tore his robes and said, “He has blasphemed! Why do we still need witnesses? Look, now you’ve heard the blasphemy! 66 What is your decision?”

They answered, “He deserves death!”
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (May 14th, 2018),lifeisgood (May 15th, 2018),Tambora (May 14th, 2018)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen. Jesus is God Is 43:11
    I (God) even I am LORD; beside me there is no Savior. Jesus was that Savior. How? He was/is the living invisible but audible WORD of God-who was God according to John 1. He and the Father are one according to Jn. 10:30,36-38. He came bearing the express image of God the Father according to Jn 12:45; Jn14:9-10; Col. 1:15.
    He was filled with the spirit and power of God without measure (IOW all of the Spirit of God not a mere portion) according to Jn:3:35. He is God's Savior who brings everlasting life to those who accept him according to Jn3:36.

Sadly, those who do not recognize him as LORD and Savior, as foretold in Is 43:11, will retain the wrath of God that is upon them.

Thread Information