Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

stunrut

kmoney said:
Well you seem to be connecting hate and murder too much. I realize what Jesus said about hate/murder and lust/adultery, but there is still a difference. Not all sins are crimes. I think Jesus was just trying to say that sin is a matter of the heart. He was speaking against the belief that you could lust after someone who isn't your wife and it's OK because you aren't physically doing it, same with hate/murder. I just don't think that verse is applicable to what we're talking about.

I know it sounds harsh and maybe even unjust to us. I would hesitate, however, to say that this scripture doesn't apply to the situation. Some times we place our own views and reasoning over God's will and try to make it fit. Nothing that will fit in our brain is big enough to cover God's will. Maybe to God these do carry equal punishment. We'll all know in the end.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
stunrut said:
I know it sounds harsh and maybe even unjust to us. I would hesitate, however, to say that this scripture doesn't apply to the situation. Some times we place our own views and reasoning over God's will and try to make it fit. Nothing that will fit in our brain is big enough to cover God's will. Maybe to God these do carry equal punishment. We'll all know in the end.
Well, do you see a connection between those verses and homosexuality being a capital crime?

stunrut

I believe that commiting a crime is a sin. Sinning, on the other hand, isn't always commiting a crime.

The fact that homosexuality is a sin doesn't make it a crime.

With that said we also have to consider that in some places practicing homopsexuality is a crime but that doesn't come from God even though the reasoning behind the law may be based in christian beliefs.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
stunrut said:
I believe that commiting a crime is a sin. Sinning, on the other hand, isn't always commiting a crime.
I agree and said the same thing above.

Right, follows from what you just said.

With that said we also have to consider that in some places practicing homopsexuality is a crime but that doesn't come from God even though the reasoning behind the law may be based in christian beliefs.
A couple questions: Did God every say that homosexuality was a crime? If so, is there something that makes you say that law should no longer be in practice?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
moonface said:
I think bestiality should be illegal mainly because there is not a meeting of the minds. I mean the bible does not say that lighthouse can't have sex with someone in a comma but there is an implied ethic in the idea of concent.
So this is about consent?

You logic is flawed above when you ask if sinners were executed. Yes they were - if homosexuality is a sin and if it should be punished by death then some sinners were executed.
I never asked a question. And I never said sinners were not executed. All crimes are sins, at least the things that are crimes in God's eyes, but not all sins are crimes. So, not all sins were punishable by execution. Are you really so stupid that I had to explain that to you?

If breaking the Sabbath was a sin punishable by deth then some sinners were executed.
Dee Dee Dee.

You later ask when were the levitial purity laws revoked

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Things now permisable - eating pork, working on a saturday (sabbath) or the lords day (sunday) . Paul does re state in romans 1 that anal sex between men is wrong but gives no prescriptive punishment for it.
I never asked! I said that they were revoked! Learn to read!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
moonface said:
chapter and verse supplied

Murder
21"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brotherwill be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,[c]' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Jesus then goes on to explain anyone with lust in their heary has already committed adultery

You missed a phrase in those verses. It says, "without cause." I'm guessing you left it out intentionally...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
stunrut said:

It is a crime in the Bible. God made it a crime, a capital crime. And nowhere in Scripture is that revoked.

Morpheus

Lighthouse said:
It is a crime in the Bible. God made it a crime, a capital crime. And nowhere in Scripture is that revoked.
Just came from "Prove Me Wrong" thread.
Need to go back and add homosexuals to the long list of people Lighthouse wants dead. I don't know how I could have forgotten them.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Morpheus said:
Just came from "Prove Me Wrong" thread.
Need to go back and add homosexuals to the long list of people Lighthouse wants dead. I don't know how I could have forgotten them.
Don't forget murderers, child molesters, rapists, those who have sex with animals, those who perform or have abortions [since that is murder], etc.

Last edited:

Real Sorceror

Lighthouse said:
Don't forget murderers, child molesters, rapists, those who have sex with animals, those who perform or have abortions [since that is murder], etc.
And of course, Lighthouse himself. :chuckle:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Real Sorceror said:
And of course, Lighthouse himself. :chuckle:
Where do you get that?

Well, actually, you're right. Of course, if the laws were as they should be, I wouldn't have done the things I've done that cause me to deserve execution. I have committed acts of adultery, in the past.

Evee

Lighthouse said:
Where do you get that?

Well, actually, you're right. Of course, if the laws were as they should be, I wouldn't have done the things I've done that cause me to deserve execution. I have committed acts of adultery, in the past.
Well if you aren't married it would be fornication not adultery.

stunrut

Lighthouse said:

I'm, admittedly, confused. Where does God state that homosexuality is a crime. The fact that he said it was wrong doesn't make it a crime. Please clue me in so I don't make this blunder again.