User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Atheist activist becomes "Christian".

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't you just love how open-minded and polite these Anti-theists are these days?
    Religion can never reform mankind, because religion is slavery.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,930 Times in 8,816 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Question Mark----->

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 682 Posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting aside the man in Texas there is an interesting question here. Time. How long did it take Moses to "convert" and do God's will? Peter? Paul? Is time even a consideration? Is it Biblical? Does God give out various degrees for time in grade? Or is it instantaneous when He reveals himself and directs a person?

One Post Wonder
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeset View Post
    Setting aside the man in Texas there is an interesting question here. Time. How long did it take Moses to "convert" and do God's will? Peter? Paul? Is time even a consideration? Is it Biblical? Does God give out various degrees for time in grade? Or is it instantaneous when He reveals himself and directs a person?

I believe the Biblical interpretation is that it can be instantaneous (ie, hear, believe, obey, etc), but in a practical sense it takes years to go from atheist to Christian, and probably still more years yet to become a preacher.

Thanks
    Thanked 47,452 Times in 29,258 Posts

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeset View Post
    Yeah, the amount of time does not seem to be a set factor.

Abraham believed on the spot.
    But Gideon kept asking for signs.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Trainee
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's trying to reconcile Christianity with his actually legitimate moral views.
    "Today, the greatest divide within humanity is not between races, or religions, or even, as widely believer, between the literate and illiterate. It is the chasm that separates scientific from prescientific cultures."

- E. O. Wilson

Thanks
    Thanked 8,466 Times in 4,943 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by INDwayne View Post
    I believe the Biblical interpretation is that it can be instantaneous (ie, hear, believe, obey, etc), but in a practical sense it takes years to go from atheist to Christian, and probably still more years yet to become a preacher.
    I know my conversion left me standing in faith, but I suppose it could take time to rid yourself of bad habits. I know the quality of my reliance has improved appreciably over the years. It took a while for me to stop relying on me and treating God like someone who had done me a tremendous favor and shouldn't be "bothered" unless it was "important".

Quote Originally Posted by Philovitist View Post
    He's trying to reconcile Christianity with his actually legitimate moral views.
    It's just good to see you and legitimate that near one another. Anyone have an egg timer on them?
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 1,101 Posts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    INDENT]

This should be filed under.... if you can't beat them, join them, and destroy them from the inside out.

Remember that atheist activist dude named Patrick Greene? He was the guy that was suing the town of Athens Texas because of their Nativity display.

Then it turns out Mr. Green is ill (he's going blind), which in turn makes it so that he and his wife can't pay their bills. So, some local Christians help him out financially. Apparently this gesture warms his heart.

And in the span of just a month or so this guy claims he has become a Christian.

“There’s been one lingering thought in the back of my head my entire life, and it‘s one thought that I’ve never been able to reconcile, and that is the vast difference between all the animals and us,” Greene told The Christian Post on Tuesday, as he began to explain his recent transformation from atheist to Christian. The theory of evolution didn’t answer his questions, he says, so he just set those questions aside and didn’t think about them anymore.

Sounds like a great story eh???

That is until you read the rest of the story....

[INDENT]Perhaps more surprising than Greene’s conversion — which was unexpected considering his past activism — is his plan to consider entering ministry. The Post reports that he may become a part of a liberal congregation and that he may even start his own chapter of the Rainbow Baptists, a ministry to the LGBTQ community. Greene says that he believes the Bible’s original approach to homosexuality has been altered and that he feels strongly about rectifying it.
    Proud homosexuals entering the clergy and attempting to redefine Christianity?

Boy, before you know it they'll want to openly join the military, adopt children, teach in schools, "marry" and be openly accepted in youth mentor groups.
    The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336963
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336964

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A thread like this raises some questions in my mind:

(1) How was Paul treated by the early believing community? How am I supposed to act in situations like this?

(2) How does my own salvation history look from the outside? Where do I need to improve my walk?

(3) What are the legitimate requirements for credibility for any 'new believer'?

(4) What are the options for dealing with real wolves in sheep's clothing?

(5) How does what we do in these situations conform to, or hinder the Gospel?

I guess I feel that these questions, as important as they seem to me,
    haven't yet been recognized and addressed on a solid foundation.

Who can help?

Behold, the whirlwind of the Lord
    Goes forth with fury, A continuing whirlwind;
    It will fall violently on the head of the wicked.
    The fierce anger of the Lord will not return
    until He has done it, And until He has performed
    the intents of His heart.
    In the final days you will consider it. - Jer. 30:23-24

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Over 750 post club Daedalean's_Sun's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    This should be filed under.... if you can't beat them, join them, and destroy them from the inside out.

Remember that atheist activist dude named Patrick Greene? He was the guy that was suing the town of Athens Texas because of their Nativity display.

Then it turns out Mr. Green is ill (he's going blind), which in turn makes it so that he and his wife can't pay their bills. So, some local Christians help him out financially. Apparently this gesture warms his heart.

And in the span of just a month or so this guy claims he has become a Christian.
    According to the Huffpost article he wants to become a pastor.

Thread Information