User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atheist activist becomes "Christian".

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    He comes across as a lost soul, can you argue with that?
    No he comes across as being scared and hoping that a sudden belief in an imaginary friend will stop his blindness. Now of course if his blindness suddenly goes away....well you know who he will give the credit to.....

Thanks
    Thanked 8,441 Times in 4,930 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
    Religion. An excuse for having to die...
    Atheism, transforming pessimism into virtue since...God knows when.

...guess it just makes them feel better.
    The funny thing is, feeling better about a bad situation is by and large the best you can hope for. But you're the only one who has to stew in that.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the truth about religion hurts some and others cannot see past the dogma. Sad.....

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yeah the truth about religion hurts some
    If you want to choose the worst possible outcome as a life philosophy then it's your business.

and others cannot see past the dogma. Sad.....
    Atheism, when misery really doesn't love its company.

Pro-Life

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All in what you believe I guess. If imaginary friends get you through life and you love the thoughts of being brain washed and unable to think for yourself then live it up......people always get religion when they are going to die or going through a bad time even atheists its just the way the ball bounces. Looking at life through rose colored glasses with a bible in your hand is not going to stop destiny people die and bad things happen to everyone be it christian, Atheists or who ever......making negative comments about Atheism all in an attempt to incite me won't work there's not an argument you can put up I have not heard before but that's neither here nor there.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

All in what you believe I guess. If imaginary friends get you through life
    Rather a real God got me out of your narcissistic and cynical worldview.

and you love the thoughts of being brain washed and unable to think for yourself then live it up.
    If you're going to play at being the condescending intellectual you need to sharpen your rhetoric and your grammar. God isn't the end of thought but the context for it. You're wasting time with the juvenile angle. I don't bait and you'll have to find more than a posture if you mean for me to take you seriously.

.....people always get religion when they are going to die or going through a bad time
    God delivered me in my second year of law school, in the top tier of my class and happily ensconced. Or happy at least as I understood it before being, to borrow, surprised by joy in abundance.

even atheists its just the way the ball bounces. Looking at life through rose colored glasses with a bible in your hand is not going to stop destiny people die and bad things happen to everyone
    Nothing new to Christendom. The rain, as blessing or sorrow, falls on the just and unjust alike. God isn't bubble wrap for life. And the Bible isn't a lamp to rub.

be it christian, Atheists or who ever......making negative comments about Atheism all in an attempt to incite me
    I don't care if you're incited or not, but I make objectively demonstrable and inescapably true statements about the worst philosophical posit imaginable as context.

won't work there's not an argument you can put up I have not heard before but that's neither here nor there.
    If I frame one I will have lapped you here.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon
    As with the old nonsense about being liberal young and conservative in maturity it's a bit of self serving declaration absent any real teeth.

Or, religion is regarded as true by the adherent, understood to be true by the wise and mocked by the indolent. TH

Couldn't wait on the old ban to lift?

Pro-Life

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe as you will reality is a *****.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post

If you're going to play at being the condescending intellectual you need to sharpen your rhetoric and your grammar. God isn't the end of thought but the context for it. You're wasting time with the juvenile angle. I don't bait and you'll have to find more than a posture if you mean for me to take you seriously.

God delivered me in my second year of law school, in the top tier of my class and happily ensconced. Or happy at least as I understood it before being, to borrow, surprised by joy in abundance.

Nothing new to Christendom. The rain, as blessing or sorrow, falls on the just and unjust alike. God isn't bubble wrap for life. And the Bible isn't a lamp to rub.

I don't care if you're incited or not, but I make objectively demonstrable and inescapably true statements about the worst philosophical posit imaginable as context.

If I frame one I will have lapped you here.

As with the old nonsense about being liberal young and conservative in maturity it's a bit of self serving declaration absent any real teeth.

Or, religion is regarded as true by the adherent, understood to be true by the wise and mocked by the indolent. TH

Couldn't wait on the old ban to lift?
    Prove a god mister lawyer. You can't. No more than I can.

No you make statements that you have been trained by your religion to make.

So you throw in law school and god thinking that intimidates some body....

God is man made, the bible is written by men so which part am I suppose to be impressed by?

Which end of the field do you move this goal post to?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Believe as you will reality is a *****.
    Rather, believe as you will, but act like an adult about it, won't you.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Prove a god mister lawyer. You can't. No more than I can.
    I'll be happy to do it. What criteria, if met, would objectively settle the question? I'll wait while you sort out the failure of empiricism in this regard.

No you make statements that you have been trained by your religion to make.
    No more true than your previously unhorsed notion that religion was the repose of those going through a rough patch and no more authoritative than my suggesting you're or Hitchens or Dawkins parrot. I went through a few decades happily dismissing religious ideas as nothing more than reflections of man's attempt to reconcile sentience to a dumb if wonderous mechanism.

So you throw in law school and god thinking that intimidates some body....
    No, pup. I note my life and position at the time of my conversion to blow a rather large hole in your simplistic:

.....people always get religion when they are going to die or going through a bad time
    The idea being that religion is the singular safe harbor of the frightened and desperate.

God is man made, the bible is written by men so which part am I suppose to be impressed by?
    Were supposition argument you'd be then next Mencken. Given most of what you place after the quotes you choose isn't terribly responsive am I to take it you came to us with a fist full of deadly little arrows you meant to let fly and conversation for you is mostly comprised of a series of pauses into which you announce this or that pithy bit of home-spun or regurgitated (not assuming) prose? Else, what could impress you, Narcissus, that isn't found in a mirror or a grave?

Which end of the field do you move this goal post to?
    Ah, you wasted one there, but it was at least somewhat responsive... The illustrated principle was that the saying of a thing only requires belief in the thing said. So your quote was as determining as a Burma shave add and nearly as original.

Have you anything more than declaration, pout and poor posture to speak for you? We've already established some difficulty in conversation and a penchant for the pointlessly rude (see: your last post/rules violation).

But do go on, one way or another.

Pro-Life

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All in what you believe and brought up to believe. This guy made his choice anymore questions direct them to him as anything we say is pure speculation. Have a good one.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

All in what you believe and brought up to believe. This guy made his choice anymore questions direct them to him as anything we say is pure speculation.
    See, that's just you saying the same thing again. And it's no more true than your religion is the refuge of the frightened nonsense. I was an atheist for a long time after being presented not only that doctrine, but many others as well. I've read Buddhist teaching, the Koran, Book of
    Mormon, a great deal of the Upanishads and I'm well versed in a broader mythology (Norse, Greek, Roman, principally).

If you'd have asked me to choose among them once, after I stopped chuckling, I'd have chosen the Hindu faith.
    Have a good one.
    You too.

Pro-Life

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    See, that's just you saying the same thing again. And it's no more true than your religion is the refuge of the frightened nonsense. I was an atheist for a long time after being presented not only that doctrine, but many others as well. I've read Buddhist teaching, the Koran, Book of
    Mormon, a great deal of the Upanishads and I'm well versed in a broader mythology (Norse, Greek, Roman, principally).

If you'd have asked me to choose among them once, after I stopped chuckling, I'd have chosen the Hindu faith.
    You too.
    See, that's just you saying the same thing again. And it's no more true than your religion is the refuge of the frightened nonsense.
    Frightened by what? Some Sky Daddy coming from the clouds? Not hardly. Why would I be afraid of mythology? Because 2000 years ago a group of camel jockeys got together and decided that they would invent a god?

I was an atheist for a long time after being presented not only that doctrine, but many others as well. I've read Buddhist teaching, the Koran, Book of
    Good for you do you want a medal? Pretty well versed in mythology myself and I do not need a fancy 1 million dollar degree to learn it. You come off as me being beneath you because you are some high and mighty christian the only thing is I do not respect your religion any more than I respect any other religion which is zilch......

But you have your beliefs and I have mine sadly your fancy law degree did not help you turn things around. Good luck.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Frightened by what?
    You're the one who suggested it.

Some Sky Daddy coming from the clouds? Not hardly. Why would I be afraid of mythology? Because 2000 years ago a group of camel jockeys got together and decided that they would invent a god?
    I was responding to your point.

Good for you do you want a medal?
    Again, responding to your notion of someone following in footsteps the preference of their cultural or particular training. You just keep swinging for the chiropractor, don't you?

Pretty well versed in mythology myself and I do not need a fancy 1 million dollar degree to learn it.
    Degrees don't give you knowledge, but they do reflect that your claim to it is a bit more than a mere claim to it.

You come off as me being beneath you because you are some high and mighty christian
    That's your misunderstanding. We all come to grace alike in the only way that matters. Else, your manner (or want of manners) and arguments are beneath my conduct and consideration, but that's your choice. I happen to think you could do better. You simply haven't invested the effort.

the only thing is I do not respect your religion any more than I respect any other religion which is zilch......
    Lovely. Who would have figured that?

But you have your beliefs and I have mine sadly your fancy law degree did not help you turn things around.
    I agree. Jesus Christ turned my life around. No degree necessary.

Good luck.
    Thanks, but I no longer need it.

Here's a little something for you to take on your journey. It should come in handy.

Last edited by Town Heretic; May 20th, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

BANNED

An excuse for not having to argue.

Pro-Life

Thread Information