User Tag List

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Thanks
    Thanked 33,293 Times in 21,134 Posts

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S0Z0 View Post
    Watched Take Shelter the other night. Similar to Sixth Sense or Signs, but good.
    That's one I have never heard of.
    But I did like The Sixth Sense and Signs, so if it is similar I bet I will like it too.

Proverbs 18:17 He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 2,955 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
    Are you guys excited for Wrath of the Titans?! I am, I love this kind of stuff. I'm actually going to see that in theaters.
    No, but I wasn't about the initial remake and still had to admit I liked it. Some films are that way with me. I'll probably like this one after the fact too.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best movie soundtrack ever - Harold and Maude.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-1v...e_gdata_player
    Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn.

“And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was recently re-introduced to The Lion King by finally getting around to seeing it on DVD.

I've had more and more trouble actually sitting through movies I see at home over the last few years.

My attention span just seems to be waning as I get older.

The Lion King held me for the whole thing, including tearing up again at Mufasa's death.

Bar none, Disney's greatest work.
    “In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
    -Adam Hamilton

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
    Are you guys excited for Wrath of the Titans?! I am, I love this kind of stuff. I'm actually going to see that in theaters.
    I love action movies - especially the ones not based on reality. We will probably go see this one, even though we were disappointed with the "after thought 3-D" of the first one.
    Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn.

“And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Up last night. Mildly amusing, a few memorable bits. I doubt I'll watch it again.

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,218 Times in 10,862 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S0Z0 View Post
    Watched Take Shelter the other night. Similar to Sixth Sense or Signs, but good.
    I watched that too, pretty good movie- definitely worth renting.

Best comedy ive seen recently is a movie called Ghost Town - a lot of dry sarcastic humor, i thought it was hilarious.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really looking forward to Prometheus
    "I do not believe that there is any purposeless evil in God's creation." ~James White

source

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    No, but I wasn't about the initial remake and still had to admit I liked it. Some films are that way with me. I'll probably like this one after the fact too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breathe View Post
    I love action movies - especially the ones not based on reality. We will probably go see this one, even though we were disappointed with the "after thought 3-D" of the first one.
    I thought Clash from a couple years ago was excellent so I'm sure I'll like this one. The special effects look spot on and as long as they are I should enjoy it at least.
    I'm not a sinner, or preacher, all I have is slight of hand.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm also looking forward to not seeing anything with Nicholas Cage in it for a while...if that's humanly possible.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That reminds me. I think I'll watch Face Off tonight.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by some other dude View Post
    That reminds me. I think I'll watch Face Off tonight.
    I like that movie. I have that movie, and i have Con Air, like that also - and i like the national treasure movie. I love city of angels,
    family man, honeymoon in vegas

And a couple really old ones raising arizona and valley girl.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    I like that movie. I have that movie, and i have Con Air, like that also - and i like the national treasure movie. I love city of angels,

I actually liked Face Off the first time I watched it, then didn't the next. Guarding Tess and Raising Arizona are terrific movies. Angels was interesting, though I don't like downbeat endings in general. The Treasure films were ridiculous but fun. Hated Family Man and the one that came after that...where he played an arms dealer. Haven't cared for much he's done recently.

His appearance on SNL was hysterical:

"It has all the elements of the perfect Nick Cage movie: all the dialogue is either whispered or screamed; 2) everything in the movie is on fire.”

Pro-Life

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The national treasure movies are the only recent ones ive seen by him, i just like the older ones ive named, oh and gone in 60 seconds, that was pretty good to me too.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post

I watch Raising Arizona every so often.

I've seen all of the Coen brothers movies and liked most of them.

Other favorites are The Big Lebowski, Intolerable Cruelty and O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Thread Information