User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 188

Thread: toldailytopic: Gay-marriage ban is ruled unconstitutional.

  1. #76
    TOL Subscriber PureX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NWPA
    Posts
    6,240
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 741 Times in 514 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    585036
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffblue101 View Post
    Rover? A dog? That does it I quit. You people are making a mockery of marriage!!”
    When black people wanted to be able to sit anywhere on the bus, the white people around them were just sure that it was the first sign of total social destruction. They were convinced that the next thing these blacks would want would be to be allowed to vote, and then to elect black people to public office! And to the white's way of thinking, this would spell the end of their 'way of life' as they'd always known it.

    And they were right. Black people did demand more than just to sit wherever they wanted on the bus. They did demand the right to vote. And they did elect black people into public office. And they did put an end to life as it had been, before. But it turned out that the changes weren't so dower for white people after all, and they made life a lot better for a whole lot of other people who had been suffering, before. So it wasn't such a bad thing after all.

    Homosexuals are already on the march. They already can go wherever they want to in our society, and they can already vote, and they have already elected many fellow homosexuals into public office, and life as it had been is already changing. Sorry, dude, but you're going to have to accept it. Just as the racists of decades past had to accept desegregation and the abolition of the 'Jim Crow' laws.

    But just as before, the world is not going to fall apart. Although it will not be the same, either. But a lot of people who had been made to suffer in the past, will no longer have to suffer as they once did, and the people who were responsible for that suffering will not be significantly harmed by the changes. All our crying and whining and visions of doom will once again prove to be mostly internalized fear, as we're forced to accept the changes happening around us.

    I'm not black, but I'm glad for all those changes that happened a few decades ago, because I don't want to be part of a white oppressor class/race. And I'm not gay, either, but I'll be glad when homosexuals finally have all the same rights as everyone else, for the same reason. I don't like to see other people suffer, and I especially don't want them to suffer for my sake. Especially when ending that suffering doesn't really hurt me, or anyone else.

  2. #77
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    267
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryContrary View Post





    Secularists vs Christendom

  3. #78
    Journeyman Dark Radiance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89
    I hope the servers for the wedding registrys at department stores don't crash...

  4. #79
    Rookie Iconoclast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    107
    Just because two people are emotionally and relationally stunted to the point of having a sexual dysfunction, doesn't mean that they can't love each other.

    If we as a society don't recognize the nature of their relationships then they would have to take the emotional and psychological steps necessary to deal with their fears. Instead they project onto society. Don't you all get this? It is you all who have the problem not them. If you would just let them try to meet all the normal emotional psychological and relational needs that everyone has to meet through their sexual dysfunction then everything would be okay. Don't you get it? They are really normal and just like all of you.

  5. #80
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,511
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 718 Times in 612 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    484184
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Radiance View Post
    I hope the servers for the wedding registrys at department stores don't crash...
    Invest in law firms that specialize in divorce.

    Long term relationships are practically non existent in the homosexual so-called "community".
    Should Christians Vote for the Lesser of Two Evils?

    Even at the ballot box, morality is not relative.

  6. #81
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,511
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 718 Times in 612 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    484184
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Just because two people are emotionally and relationally stunted to the point of having a sexual dysfunction, doesn't mean that they can't love each other.

    If we as a society don't recognize the nature of their relationships then they would have to take the emotional and psychological steps necessary to deal with their fears. Instead they project onto society. Don't you all get this? It is you all who have the problem not them. If you would just let them try to meet all the normal emotional psychological and relational needs that everyone has to meet through their sexual dysfunction then everything would be okay. Don't you get it? They are really normal and just like all of you.
    Your issue is with God, not us.
    Should Christians Vote for the Lesser of Two Evils?

    Even at the ballot box, morality is not relative.

  7. #82
    Rookie Iconoclast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    Your issue is with God, not us.
    Dripping it was with sarcasm... said yoda..

  8. #83
    LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,511
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 718 Times in 612 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    484184
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    Dripping it was with sarcasm... said yoda..
    Take it from an expert, it needs work.
    Should Christians Vote for the Lesser of Two Evils?

    Even at the ballot box, morality is not relative.

  9. #84
    Journeyman organiccornflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    61
    First..."If two men love eachother, why cant they get married?"

    Second..."If a man and a 11 year old girl love eachother, why can't they get married?"

    Third..."If two 12 year old boys love eachother, why can't they get married?"

    Fourth..."If a man and a dog love eachother, why can't they get married?"

    ...Perversion is a gradual process.
    Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if it turns out they are right and get mad at you, they are a mile away and barefoot.

  10. #85
    Old Timer Cracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    I'm not all that surprised either, VegasCowboy.

    Truth is, even if the government of this country deems them married, God will not.
    That's just it--how does the government get to dictate to the church what marriage is? It does not. Why then do you all fret so much?
    "Haven't seen the back of us yet..."

  11. #86
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,406
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 882 Times in 653 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147598
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Imposing your own opinions and marking those who differ from you as "vile" and "immoral" is what is the true hatred.
    If you choose to engage in these vile acts that is your right but, to push your vile acts on society and expect it to be tagged normal, No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Honestly I don't get why gay rights and abortion are such heavy issues in American politics, seems like everyone wants to control how everyone else lives and what they do with their own bodies. God gave you ONE body, he did not give you dominion over everyone else's. Sheesh...
    Whats not to get, Normal Heterosexual people who actually procreate to keep the race from going extinct do not want their children exposed to your perversion whether it be Homosexuality, Transgender Bestiality, Pedophilia et al. We are teaching our children that these behaviors are not normal and don't want it to invade our freedom to oppose it. Nobody says you cannot engage in your perversion, what we are saying is keep it in your own bedroom, don't force it on society, and don't ever expect it to be considered normal because it is not.

  12. #87
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,406
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 882 Times in 653 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147598
    Quote Originally Posted by organiccornflake View Post
    First..."If two men love eachother, why cant they get married?"

    Second..."If a man and a 11 year old girl love eachother, why can't they get married?"

    Third..."If two 12 year old boys love eachother, why can't they get married?"

    Fourth..."If a man and a dog love eachother, why can't they get married?"

    ...Perversion is a gradual process.
    Such are the ways of Moral Relativism...

  13. #88
    Rookie Iconoclast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    Take it from an expert, it needs work.
    Hardly....

    You just need to understand that it is society that is wrong not the homos.

    Their sexual inversion is not wrong or abnormal just a variant off the mean. And if you would just accept them then everything would be just fine.

    If a homo isn't allowed to socially identify by the psyche that was created to cope with his/her psychological isolation (closet) then they are totally without a foundation from which view the world (orientation).

    Thus they fight tooth and nail for this since it is their reality that they are defending and paranoid grandiose delusion is the heart of it.. Projection is their weapon and intimidation their battle tactic..

    Get a clue..

    They are as the bible describes them FILTHY DREAMERS..

  14. #89
    Patriarchy The Last Great Fairytale Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,224
    Thanks
    6,540
    Thanked 2,402 Times in 1,301 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147704
    Quote Originally Posted by organiccornflake View Post
    First..."If two men love eachother, why cant they get married?"
    They *should* be able to ...

    Second..."If a man and a 11 year old girl love eachother, why can't they get married?"
    An 11 year old is incapable of consent.

    Third..."If two 12 year old boys love eachother, why can't they get married?"
    For the same reason they can't buy cancer sticks or alcohol ... they are underage.

    Fourth..."If a man and a dog love eachother, why can't they get married?"
    Because "Grrr Arf" is not the equivalent of "Yes, I will marry you".
    After all, Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels.- Ann Richards

  15. #90
    I am now Miss America and you must Agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    13,272
    Thanks
    12,762
    Thanked 11,794 Times in 7,312 Posts

    Blog Entries
    49
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147673
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    When black people wanted to be able to sit anywhere on the bus, the white people around them were just sure that it was the first sign of total social destruction. They were convinced that the next thing these blacks would want would be to be allowed to vote, and then to elect black people to public office! And to the white's way of thinking, this would spell the end of their 'way of life' as they'd always known it.

    And they were right. Black people did demand more than just to sit wherever they wanted on the bus. They did demand the right to vote. And they did elect black people into public office. And they did put an end to life as it had been, before. But it turned out that the changes weren't so dower for white people after all, and they made life a lot better for a whole lot of other people who had been suffering, before. So it wasn't such a bad thing after all.

    Homosexuals are already on the march. They already can go wherever they want to in our society, and they can already vote, and they have already elected many fellow homosexuals into public office, and life as it had been is already changing. Sorry, dude, but you're going to have to accept it. Just as the racists of decades past had to accept desegregation and the abolition of the 'Jim Crow' laws.

    But just as before, the world is not going to fall apart. Although it will not be the same, either. But a lot of people who had been made to suffer in the past, will no longer have to suffer as they once did, and the people who were responsible for that suffering will not be significantly harmed by the changes. All our crying and whining and visions of doom will once again prove to be mostly internalized fear, as we're forced to accept the changes happening around us.

    I'm not black, but I'm glad for all those changes that happened a few decades ago, because I don't want to be part of a white oppressor class/race. And I'm not gay, either, but I'll be glad when homosexuals finally have all the same rights as everyone else, for the same reason. I don't like to see other people suffer, and I especially don't want them to suffer for my sake. Especially when ending that suffering doesn't really hurt me, or anyone else.
    There is no comparison between a choice about having or not having sex and a persons skin color. Ive seen many black people complain about gays trying to compare the 2. There is no comparison.

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us