Thread: Battle Royale VII Specific discussion thread

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Flake
    Let us proclaim the mystery of where the hell is Zakath!

Hope he is OK, does nobody know anything of his situation? Seems odd to have such a battle of heavyweights and yet know nothing of one of the participants.
    He likes to keep his life private, I can understand that to keep his family safe. There are stalkers that will harass people. I was hoping that he was friends with some one here and they could say if all is ok.

I am hoping he is just being onery but I can't really see him not finishing his debate. So I am very concerned.

Gold level Subscriber Bob Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Demeanor

ZK wrote: "I have listened to several of your radio broadcasts, and have noted that you have a very 'friendly' voice and demeanor. I get the impression that you are a kind and gentle person. However, in the current debate, and other things you have posted on here, I get the feeling that you are a 'jerk' (ie: unkind, unfriendly, hostile, & arrogant). I was wondering if that is just because of the medium (written as opposed to spoken), or if when you are writing your posts you are not in the same sort of 'gentle spirit' mentality as you are on the air. I mean no offense by this... just an observation, and hopefully some good input on how the perceptions differ with mediums. Thanks, --ZK"

ZroKewl, I change my demeanor as I judge appropriate by the circumstance. Most people like to be liked, and so generally, most of us are polite to one another. Some months ago, a young woman called into my radio show and was defending Palestinian terrorists. I described an event that had happened perhaps that week or so, when a Palestinian man broke into a Jewish home at night, entered a young girl's bedroom, and shot her in the head splattering her blood and brains across the wall. When this caller continued to defend such acts, I became extremely angry and condemned her. That was the correct demeanor in that circumstance. If someone defends selling crack to kids, or ripping the arms off of a baby in the womb who had been sucking his thumb, I get really angry. While human beings should generally be kind to one another, all people should express anger and outrage at those who empower, or defend, or justify, or even simply tolerate, such injustice.

Thus, I expect that any harshness you can recall from me will be in defense of those being hurt. For, ideas have consequences.

Thanks for asking, -Bob
    The Bob Enyart Live talk show airs at KGOV.com weekdays at 5 pm E.T. Also, same time, same station, check out Theology Thursday (.com) and on Fridays, Real Science Radio (.com) a.k.a. rsr.org. All shows are available 24/7 and you can call us at at 1-800-8Enyart.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Zakath has always been pretty reliable, responds to PMs, was punctilious in his other Battle Royale.

I don't mind admitting I'm worried about him. I do hope Dr. Zee is okay...

+OL remote satellite affiliate 1Way's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ZroKewl – It is good to oppose evil.

Proverbs 27:5 Open rebuke [is] better Than love carefully concealed.

Proverbs 21:3 To do righteousness and justice [Is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Romans 12:9 [Let] love [be] without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Luke 17:3 "Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.
    TTT Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Ro 12:9

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OT: I love that blue angry face! It is so cute!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Flipper
    Yeah, Zakath has always been pretty reliable, responds to PMs, was punctilious in his other Battle Royale.

I don't mind admitting I'm worried about him. I do hope Dr. Zee is okay...
    Perhaps Zakath has trusted in God for salvation and is wondering what to do now.
    Jesus Loves You

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Freak
    Perhaps Zakath has trusted in God for salvation and is wondering what to do now.
    Why doesn't the forum operator simply asks Zakath what has happened, so that we don't need to speculate on here?

Speculation is the mother of most unprofound thoughts!

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by attention
    Why doesn't the forum operator simply asks Zakath what has happened, so that we don't need to speculate on here?

Speculation is the mother of most unprofound thoughts!
    Knight said Zak has been sent private messages and e-mails but isn't responding. There is no other way to contact him.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in that case we won't know untill Zak chooses to and is in the condition to be able to answer. Let us hope he is well.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Freak
    If that were the case I would hope he would tell us. I hope the attitudes wouldn't be "I told you I was right", but to be happy for him.

I would rejoice!

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in that case we won't know untill Zak chooses to and is in the condition to be able to answer. Let us hope he is well.
    Yep, you are right about that. I believe there are a lot of us who are concerned that all is well with him.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Elnora
    Yep, you are right about that. I believe there are a lot of us who are concerned that all is well with him.
    Yes. Well since we have no other information, there is a lot what could have happened to him in theory.
    But I heard that already before this drop-out he had mentioned about some carrier obligations. Let us hope that is the reason that he drops-out. Maybe not good for the debate, but one's wellbeing in private life is more important then a debate.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Well since we have no other information, there is a lot what could have happened to him in theory.
    But I heard that already before this drop-out he had mentioned about some carrier obligations. Let us hope that is the reason that he drops-out. Maybe not good for the debate, but one's wellbeing in private life is more important then a debate.

Yes one's private life is definately more important than a debate. My concern is it is not at all like Zaketh to just up and leave. He has always announced his intentions as far as I can remember.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Demeanor

Originally posted by Bob Enyart
    Thus, I expect that any harshness you can recall from me will be in defense of those being hurt. For, ideas have consequences.

Thanks for asking, -Bob
    Pastor Bob, I've enjoyed your debate with the board atheist, but your response here brings up an issue which I'd appreciate your addressing. The French. Is it appropriate to make gratuitous franco-baiting jabs when the likely outcome will be an increase in intolerance and xenophobia?

As you say, ideas have consequences.
    there is no taoist

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think God is punishing Zakath…

He has sent him to the pits of internet hell for daring to deny his existence…

Thread Information