ARCHIVE: Turns out Victory Church is not responsible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emo

Turbo said:
Did you just admit that liberals are wicked? :think:

No, I think he said that they were just evil, ya know, not quite as bad as "wicked". :noid:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Merfbliff said:
You crazy right wingers... Jesus wasn't a Republican. By all laws of nature, Dylan was dead long ago, it was a crime try to play God and keep him alive with machines.
Were you not aware that Dylan was not hooked to any machine! Do you have any idea how simple tube feeding is? I could teach the average 5 year old to do it.

SOTK

Merfbliff said:
Is it the Christian's Job to punish the wicked? Yeah, I thought not. It's God's job. Go love a Liberal. :)

I can love the wicked but hate them at the same time! :D

Seriously though, liberals make me sick. :vomit: You have to have one warped mind indeed to call yourself a liberal and a Christian in the same sentence! I don't know how any good Bible believing Christian can have a liberalistic view of the world and politics. Seriously! How does righteousness fit into the liberal worldview? Here's a clue: IT DOESN'T!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Merfbliff said:
Exodus 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

Joshua 6:21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ***, with the edge of the sword.

1 Samuel 15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.

2 Kings 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Can't belive you never heard about those, you should read your bible.
You forgot the verse where God told the Angel of Death to rip the feeding tube out of young Dylan!

Merfbliff

BANNED
Banned
truthman said:
It's the Christian's job to judge the wicked, support the government in punishing the wicked, and praise God for His righteousness.

No sir. It seriously is not a Christian's job to judge the wicked, that is utter foolishness. We are to keep our Christian brothers accountable for sins, but the world is lost and hopeless without Christ, they can't help but sin. Fighting tooth and nail political battles will not make the world sin less. The bible says that the Lord's kindness leads us to repentence. Christians arn't better people, we just happen to have accepted the blood of Jesus to take away our sins. Liberals, Conservatives and everything in between are people, plain and simple. Jesus Christ himself did not judge or condem the woman who was caught in adultry... Judgment is reserved for God the Father. Jesus said that by the same measure that you judge others, that's how you will be judged. I'd be carefull Truthman. Am I wrong? I love liberals, even if they may seem immoral and wicked, because that's what Jesus would have done. I'm mad at them sometimes, sure. But I have to realize deep down that they are lost souls and that Jesus want's them in his kingdom, and that I may be the only representation of Jesus in their life. Love some liberals, even if it makes you sick. We shouldn't do things for rewards on earth, like a pat on the back from Bob Enyart. Let's do things for rewards in heaven. Love a liberal, even if you don't like what they do.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Merfbliff said:
No sir. It seriously is not a Christian's job to judge the wicked, that is utter foolishness. We are to keep our Christian brothers accountable for sins, but the world is lost and hopeless without Christ, they can't help but sin. Fighting tooth and nail political battles will not make the world sin less. The bible says that the Lord's kindness leads us to repentence. Christians arn't better people, we just happen to have accepted the blood of Jesus to take away our sins. Liberals, Conservatives and everything in between are people, plain and simple. Jesus Christ himself did not judge or condem the woman who was caught in adultry... Judgment is reserved for God the Father. Jesus said that by the same measure that you judge others, that's how you will be judged. I'd be carefull Truthman. Am I wrong? I love liberals, even if they may seem immoral and wicked, because that's what Jesus would have done. I'm mad at them sometimes, sure. But I have to realize deep down that they are lost souls and that Jesus want's them in his kingdom, and that I may be the only representation of Jesus in their life. Love some liberals, even if it makes you sick. We shouldn't do things for rewards on earth, like a pat on the back from Bob Enyart. Let's do things for rewards in heaven. Love a liberal, even if you don't like what they do.

We all love liberals enough to tell them the truth about thier sin (sometimes harshly like Jesus did - WWJD) and that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

Regarding Judging the wicked you are wrong on many counts - have you not read this?

Adam

Hall of Fame
Merfbliff said:
I don't care half as much what Bob Enyart thinks about me as what God thinks about me. It is God who has declared me guilt free (Romans 8:1-2), it is God who considers me a saint (II Thessalonians 1:10), it is God who says that no law is against me (Galatians 5:23), it is God who has indwelt me (Ephesians 3:17), it is God who has made me a new creation (Ephesians 2:10), it is God who supplies the armor I wear (Ephesians 6:13-18), it is God who gives me His Word (II Corinthians 6:7), it is God who nominated me as an ambassador of His kingdom (II Corinthians 5:20), it is God who has called me to be a reconciler of the wicked (II Corinthians 5:20)!

With all that God stuff in me, you'd think that I would have enough sense to tell right from wrong and publicly declare the same!

(or were you not aware of those verses?)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Merfbliff said:
The bible says that the Lord's kindness leads us to repentence.
I'm not calling you a liar but I did a Bible search and couldn't find the words kindness and repentence in the same sentence! do you have a reference?

Merfbliff

BANNED
Banned
deardelmar said:
I'm not calling you a liar but I did a Bible search and couldn't find the words kindness and repentence in the same sentence! do you have a reference?

Romans 2:4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Merfbliff said:
Romans 2:4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?
KJV

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Merfbliff: We're still waiting for you to respond to post #66 where Crash challenges you to respond to this: http://kgov.com/docs/JudgeRightly.html

Aside from that, Bob Enyart has posted the following on his website:
After a lengthy face-to-face meeting with Pastor Conn and his senior pastor, Michael Ware of Colorado's Victory Church, I am convinced that Pastor Conn was COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF, and DID NOT support the parents' decision to stop feeding their son. I APOLOGIZE to Pastor Conn and Pastor Ware, and to their church members, for not contacting Buddy prior to accepting the story in the Denver Post as factual. The Post reporter Kevin Simpson will not answer our questions regarding Buddy Conn's total repudiation of Simpson's portrayal of him as aware and supportive of the decision to stop feeding Dylan. Pastor Ware has committed to making an effort to correct the false public record as established by the Denver Post, and hopes to soon publicly publish a corrected account, hopefully, in a Denver Post letter to the editor. There is more to say on this, and so this section will be updated January 11th, 2006. For now, again, I reiterate, I should have contacted Pastor Conn initially, and for not doing so, I am sorry.
To me, the significant statement above was the Post reporter's refusal to answer any questions.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Jefferson said:
Merfbliff: We're still waiting for you to respond to post #66 where Crash challenges you to respond to this: http://kgov.com/docs/JudgeRightly.html

Aside from that, Bob Enyart has posted the following on his website:To me, the significant statement above was the Post reporter's refusal to answer any questions.

I was going to post this but you beat me to the punch!

Also significant is that Pastor Enyart is man enough to admit when he has made a mistake AND it is really a GREAT relief to find out the Victory Church is also horrified by what happened to Dylan.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Merfbliff said:
Actually, it turns out that Victory Church and Mr. Conn are in no way responsible for the death of Dylan. Just thought that you should know.
That is true! It is also true that Merbliff deffended those who were!

Merfbliff

BANNED
Banned
I'm not going to challenge anything about message #66. It was an interesting read, and I also learned a lot when I read in Luke that Jesus tells us to judge things in this world that matter. I'm sorry I've been such a jerk, but I was just trying to buck the whole trend that was coming down so hard on pastor buddy. I just get really sick of fundamentalist right winger Christians like Pat Robertson who always try to take the 'moral high-ground' but always end up seeming so cocky and self righteous. I stand by my statement that Christians should not "punish" the wicked. Of course we should lock up criminals and so forth, I'm talking about slandering and screaming at people and casting stones in sort of a figurative lynch mob. Again, I'm sorry if I made a lot of you guys mad. Just remember that "right" isn't always "right" and I think that a political party will never and can never represent Jesus as he was. This will be my last post. Thank you.

Merfbliff

BANNED
Banned
(last post for real :) )...and for the record I would never kill a kid just cuz he's retarded either. If he was a vegetable and he was brain-dead maybe, I don't really know a lot about Dylan so I can't really say. Again, I'm sorry.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Merfbliff said:
I'm not going to challenge anything about message #66. It was an interesting read, and I also learned a lot when I read in Luke that Jesus tells us to judge things in this world that matter. I'm sorry I've been such a jerk, but I was just trying to buck the whole trend that was coming down so hard on pastor buddy. I just get really sick of fundamentalist right winger Christians like Pat Robertson who always try to take the 'moral high-ground' but always end up seeming so cocky and self righteous. I stand by my statement that Christians should not "punish" the wicked. Of course we should lock up criminals and so forth, I'm talking about slandering and screaming at people and casting stones in sort of a figurative lynch mob. Again, I'm sorry if I made a lot of you guys mad. Just remember that "right" isn't always "right" and I think that a political party will never and can never represent Jesus as he was. This will be my last post. Thank you.

Soulda stuck around, you mighta lernt somthin.

Don't let the door hit ya in the butt.

:wave:
:mock: SmurfBluff
:CRASH:SmurfBluff

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Merfbliff said:
I stand by my statement that Christians should not "punish" the wicked.
Of coarse not but Christians should advocate that the government punish criminals.
Of course we should lock up criminals and so forth
Where do you get from the Bible that we should lock them up? We should lock them up while they are awaiting trial, I guess!
I'm talking about slandering and screaming at people and casting stones in sort of a figurative lynch mob.
Oh brother :doh:

Agape4Robin

Merfbliff said:
(last post for real :) )
.:wave2:
..and for the record I would never kill a kid just cuz he's retarded either. If he was a vegetable and he was brain-dead maybe, I don't really know a lot about Dylan so I can't really say. Again, I'm sorry.
:doh: You're still here................:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.