Hypothetical Invasion

Adam

Hall of Fame
Freak, this has nothing to do with personal activism. This has everything to do with another righteous government using the sword of Romans 13 against us. I would stand with them.

However, if it were the Army of God (violent pro-lifers) I would not stand with them.

Greywolf

truthman said:
Freak, this has nothing to do with personal activism. This has everything to do with another righteous government using the sword of Romans 13 against us. I would stand with them.

However, if it were the Army of God (violent pro-lifers) I would not stand with them.

Maybe I'm missing a subtle nuance here, but wouldn't an army invading our country primarily to stop abortion count as violent pro-lifers?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Cadence said:
I am not. One can disagree and still be loyal.
So do you believe abortion is murder? And if so, even if you take the loyalist route, would you consider Justiceria's invasion justifiable?

Cadence

Lucky said:
So do you believe abortion is murder? And if so, even if you take the loyalist route, would you consider Justiceria's invasion justifiable?
I believe that America has its faults, as does any other nation -- and any other concept wrought abou by human endeavours. With that said, yeah I'm sure this hypothetical Justiceria nation has its own problems that are just as bad or worse. The justifiability of an issue to me doesn't at all detract from the issue itself: you are proposing whether or not I would support a foreign invasion on America (for any reason), and I am telling you flat-out no.

That said:
About abortion, eh...I shy away from the subject because it's messy. I don't mean it's politically messy or whatever, I mean it strikes me as being physicall gross and basically wrong because it goes against the grain of how our bodies are supposed to work and how we're supposed to function as human beings. It's icky.

Adam

Hall of Fame
Greywolf said:
Maybe I'm missing a subtle nuance here, but wouldn't an army invading our country primarily to stop abortion count as violent pro-lifers?
No, because an army operating under a government is not considered a group of individuals, but rather one entity that is sanctioned by God provided it is doing a Godly thing. The individuals in that conflict, provided they follow righteous orders, are not held accountable for their actions.

According to your logic Greywolf, you would be against war altogether.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Greywolf said:
While I'm sure the media wouldn't mind taking a shot at pro-lifers, I don't think they would risk letting the invaders seem justified, at least to American pro-lifers. They would emphasize the violent part, call them terrorists, make up ulterior motives, &c.

Cadence

Lucky said:
While I'm sure the media wouldn't mind taking a shot at pro-lifers, I don't think they would risk letting the invaders seem justified, at least to American pro-lifers. They would emphasize the violent part, call them terrorists, make up ulterior motives, &c.
Or they could just call it what it is: "Us" vs "Them" in a state of war. And the United States Armed Forces would quickly thward "Them," by use of whatever technologies or 'dirty tricks' were necessary to procure "Us" a victory. As is their entire purpose for existance, and as it should be. And then we'd all come back here and listen to the right-wingers complain about it and the left-wingers gloat.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Lucky said:
Suppose the hypothetical country of Justiceria went to war with the U.S. simply to put an end to the American Holocaust of unborn babies. Would you support Justiceria's invasion?

Of course not. :doh:

I'd support our American military in turning Justiceria into Kissmyasstica.

Greywolf

truthman said:
No, because an army operating under a government is not considered a group of individuals, but rather one entity that is sanctioned by God provided it is doing a Godly thing. The individuals in that conflict, provided they follow righteous orders, are not held accountable for their actions.

Why could this immunity not be applied to other militant groups as well (assuming they are doing "Godly thing")?

truthman said:
According to your logic Greywolf, you would be against war altogether.

:confused:

Adam

Hall of Fame
Greywolf said:
Why could this immunity not be applied to other militant groups as well (assuming they are doing "Godly thing")?
Because they're operating under false gods like Allah and others. If you'd like to talk about God and gods, we'll take it to the religion forum.
Sorry, don't know what I meant there, please ignore.

Greywolf

truthman said:
Because they're operating under false gods like Allah and others. If you'd like to talk about God and gods, we'll take it to the religion forum.

Then to avoid getting too far off-topic, let's assume we're talking about Christian militant groups. Couldn't a Christian militant group do "Godly thing" just like this hypothetical army?

truthman said:
Sorry, don't know what I meant there, please ignore.

No problem. :)

Adam

Hall of Fame
Greywolf said:
Then to avoid getting too far off-topic, let's assume we're talking about Christian militant groups. Couldn't a Christian militant group do "Godly thing" just like this hypothetical army?
No, because they wouldn't be operating under a righteous government of a country, just their own version of anarchy.