Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Grosnick Marowbe

The Interview:
    Spoiler
    So, let's start out with some simple stuff. For those that don't know, what inspired your screenname?

I created the name Grosnick Marowbe about thirty or so years ago. I used it as a substitute wording when something went wrong, in place of an expletive.

How did you find TOL?

I was looking around for a religious forum and came across a name of someone I knew. His name was Bob Hill. There's also another poster on TOL I used to go to the same Church with.

What is it about TOL that keeps you signing in and taking part?

There are a few reasons why I keep coming back to TOL. To share my faith, to expose false doctrine, to be entertained, to entertain.

If I was looking at your writing desk/pc desk, what would I see?

If you looked at my writing desk, you'd see, a Laptop, Printer, DVD/Blue Ray player, speakers, and a flashlight.

If you had a million dollars what would you use it for?

If I had a million dollars, I would try to help those in need, purchase a new car, and put the rest in the bank and live off some of the interest each year.

Outside of the Bible what is your favorite book?

Besides the Bible, I'm not really an avid reader so, I really don't have a favorite book.

Where are you in the birth order of your siblings (or are you an only child)?

I have a younger Sister.

Would you describe yourself as an introvert or an extovert?

I consider myself to be an "Introvert/Extrovert." At times I can be an extrovert
    and at other times, an introvert. It depends on the situation.

What television shows or movies are you liking these days?

I really enjoy watching black and white reruns of Gunsmoke. I have an eclectic assortment of Blue Rays/DVDs. I love old movies: Casablanca, Shane, Maltese Falcon, etc. Enjoy thrillers like Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, and many other types of films.

What’s your favorite form of music and do you have a favorite band or singer in particular?

I really enjoy 50s and early 60s music. My favorite singer of all time is Del Shannon.

Would you say TOL has impacted your political views or faith and if yes how?

TOL hasn't really impacted my political views. I'm a conservative independent for the most part. Although, in the past I considered myself a Republican but, not so much anymore.

My faith remains the same, "Spiritually speaking." There are some posters on TOL who I feel aligned with, in a Spiritual sense. I follow the Grace Message that was given to the Apostle Paul by the "Ascended Lord Jesus Christ."

Outside of religious figures, name three people from history you admire.

Historical figures I admire would be, Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, and Abscar Barazo.

Dog or cat?

I prefer Cats.

What would we all be surprised to find out about you?

Posters might be surprised that during my walk of life, I've entertained many people with my ability to do 'Voice Impressions' of famous actors, Politicians, etc. And, was involved with a radio show with a friend of mine. Together we did a two man, music and entertainment show. That was many moons ago.

Finally, as you depart, care to share a bumper sticker bit of life philosophy with us?

My 'bumper sticker bit' would have to be,"The Sky is always up, it is never down!

Ten quick questions:
    Spoiler
    1. What is your favorite word?

Buzz

2. What is your least favorite word?

The word that starts out with F ends with T and is another word for gas.

3. What sound or noise do you love?

I love the sound of Rain falling.

4. What sound or noise do you hate?

Hate the sound of someone racing down the street with a bad muffler.

5. What's the last thing that made you smile?

A funny scene on Gunsmoke made me smile last night.

6. Describe yourself in three words.

Describe myself in three words? Comical, serious, and artistic.

7. If you were only allowed to retain only two possessions what would they be?

A Bible, and a television.

8. Is it better to be loved or respected.

It's better to be loved. If you're loved, you'll have both.

9. What is the proudest accomplishment of your life?

Having a Son, Grandson, and Granddaughter.

10. On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the closest, how close are you to being the person you want to be?

Thanks for the interview TH

De nada
    Last edited by Town Heretic; June 29th, 2015 at 02:54 PM.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks
    Thanked 6,416 Times in 3,758 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Delmar (TOL's Sheriff Emeritus)

The Interview:
    Spoiler

So, let's start out with some simple stuff. For those that don't know, what remarkable flight ow whimsy inspired your screenname? Kidding. Have you considered any alternative screen names over the years?

My original screenname was deardelmar. It was my email address because Delmar was not available. It finally dawned on me that Delmar is available on TOL so I went with it. Delmar is my first name, by the way.

How did you find TOL?

I heard Bob Enyart talk about it on his show I guess .

What is it about TOL that keeps you signing in and taking part?

I'm not sure I can explain that exactly. I have been doing this so long it has become sort of a part of my identity. That is why it took me so long to step down as moderator. It felt like giving up a little piece of myself.

If I was looking at your writing desk/pc desk, what would I see?

a broken crossbow and some flash drives, among other things.

If you had a million dollars what would you use it for?

Probably buy a little cafe/ coffee shop.

Outside of the Bible what is your favorite book?

The Plot by Bob Enyart.

Where are you in the birth order of your siblings (or are you an only child)?

Youngest of 4

Would you describe yourself as an introvert or an extovert?

Big E extrovert

What television shows or movies are you liking these days?

Criminal Minds and Heros

What’s your favorite form of music and do you have a favorite band or singer in particular?

Rock and Roll, Country/Bob Seger, Kris Kristofferson and Greg Allman come to mind.

Would you say TOL has impacted your political views or faith and if yes how?

Solidified them I suppose

Outside of religious figures, name three people from history you admire.

William Wilberforce, Ronald Reagan, Simon Birkey

Dog or cat?

All the old timers know the answer is dog.

What would we all be surprised to find out about you?

Until a week or so ago a lot of people here would have been surprised to know I plan to support myself in retirement by doing stand up comedy.

Finally, as you depart, care to share a bumper sticker bit of life philosophy with us?

My TOL signature used to say something like, A day is as a thousand years is about perspective. Three hours on the highway is an eternity to a five year old. To a fifty year old trucker it's just he start of a good day!

Ten quick questions:
    Spoiler

1. What is your favorite word?

cumquat

2. What is your least favorite word?

cancer

3. What sound or noise do you love?

"Gampa do you want to go to Burger King?"

4. What sound or noise do you hate?

brakes grinding

5. What's the last thing that made you smile?

6. Describe yourself in three words.

Gentle, strong, loyal

7. If you were only allowed to retain only two possessions what would they be?

My shoes

8. Is it better to be loved or respected.

I'll go with respected, but I'm having trouble separating the two.

9. What is the proudest accomplishment of your life?

10. On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the closest, how close are you to being the person you want to be?

And thank you, Delmar, for years of service in the thankless task of keeping law and order in the jungle.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thread Information