User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 78

Thread: Test for Knight's honor or dishonor

  1. #61
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,829
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,101 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147615
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    But you have to admit it's fun watching him make a fool of himself.

  2. #62
    The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    12,222
    Thanks
    1,558
    Thanked 9,368 Times in 7,055 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147690
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Without question.

    But you have to admit it's fun watching him make a fool of himself.
    Yeah and that's probably the only reason why he's still on here. I admit it is intertaining.

    The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

    June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 3rd, 2016)

  4. #63
    Over 1000 post club Breathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,000
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 180 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    294984
    The fact that this thread - and waterbear - are still here, should be sufficient answer for him.
    Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn.


    “And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

  5. #64
    Over 1000 post club Breathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,000
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 180 Times in 91 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    294984
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum1sGruj View Post
    Knight, your site is great. We've never spoken, but I've been through a lot of sites, and they all have proven to proverbially suck.
    But I'm not praising (even though I am). I don't praise. Except to one
    Eggzackly! I pick at him more often than not, but this place has taught me a lot - and not just about Christianity. It has taught me forbearance and tolerance - and I hope some small amount of tactfulness - when dealing with others whose beliefs I cannot fathom. Knight isn't a self-righteous, pious despot, as I had been led to believe by people from other boards who have been banned from here.

    I like your board, Knight. And I think I even like you - although the jury is still out on that one.
    Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn.


    “And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

  6. #65
    Over 500 post club jeremysdemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1416
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysdemo
    hey now mrs p,
    mrs p ... mrs p you crack me up
    Sorry I thought sometimes Mrs P posts under your name, it does seem some of the content of your post are from a feminine perspective and some are masculine, perhaps you are just in touch with your feminine side?

    granted my observations are limited to the last 4 years, maybe you two are conversing and you post the summary of those thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysdemo
    Those are my brothers and sisters down their you are calling obnoxious.
    I therefore repent.
    and rightfully so, jk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysdemo
    If it wasn't for a "rebellious act" of the first 13 States and our founding fathers against England we would not have the freedom we have today.
    Save your money boys the south will rise again. I think the stars-and-bars makes a neat table cloth.
    I think we are talking about two different rebellions, one involved England in 1775~6-ish and the other was a civil war about a hundred years later, 1861.
    While I agree with the reason for the first I disagree with the souths reasoning for the second.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysdemo
    I can think of at least one more person who was rebellious in a Temple so many eons ago, that being said there seems to be a place for righteous rebellion when the powers that be have over extended their authority beyond decency.
    Yes in the land of the free and the home of the brace.

    Righteous rebellion and righteous indignation; or is that self-righteous indignation?
    Well since it was Jesus in the Temple, I'll have to go with righteous indignation at this point, I doubt there would be any evidence to the contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysdemo
    I don't judge the members of Occupy for giving up on the crooked legislative process entirely, though I don't agree with their modem operandi I certainly sympathize with their cause, they DO represent the 99% of POOR people in our country, so obviously not everyone is going to appreciate that.
    See this the kind of thing that I shouldn't post, I don't follow politics all that well, as a mater of fact I have a hard time following pouring sand out of a boot even after someone has told me the instructions are the bottom. Saying something and/or posting in the political arena is something where I should more restraint. However I/we do vote.
    well in your defense Occupy is not political, in fact one could classify them anti-political, so no need to worry there. They want to overthrow the government completely end all imports from China, all mass production of products and businesses/religious/political conglomerates and return America to an agrarian bartering society, considering Jesus and His followers lived in such self sustaining groups themselves the idea is not that far off from early Christianity (minus the beliefs), what worries me is the how it would be implemented since they have no public plan or plan to make a plan public if you know what I mean, it's like a workers strike with no employer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysdemo
    Honor is proven by God Spirit and His commandments for His Glory if waterbearer has something to offer in that respect that he feels Knight has faulted we should welcome that, so far I have seen any scripture or any scriptural antidote for an alleged "sin" being offered to Knight so I have to assume there really is no wrong doing at this point.
    Yes honor to who honor is due, correction that is seasoned with salt, done in love, and covered with mercy.
    I'm a little leery about guys like waterbearer, they claim things like the Bible are in error and corrupted by men, this would include the perfect law of God (Ten commandments) the problem I have with that is we have so many ancient copies of it and they all concur even tho they were in different regions for thousands of years apart, I just have a hard time believing man is that good at conspiracy to take Gods word that was spoken to thousands of people (Jews in Exodus) and distribute faulty identical copies of so far and wide.
    Not only that, but if you take away the faith in Gods power to preserve His word for His children you really don't have anything to base knowledge on in the first place, Hosea 4:6, to me it is blasphemy and the guy should be permanently banned for posing as a Christian if he continues to perpetuate such diatribe IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysdemo
    keep shinin
    I do everyday, Amen! and Amen!
    I don't, there is One however who seldomly does through me....very seldomly I confess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysdemo
    jerm
    That you are.

    well, we are a necessary part of Gods creation.


    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Blessings, peace, grace and mercy to you this day and everyday.
    Amen

    jerm

  7. #66
    Blessed is the man that...... Psalmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A quiet place.
    Posts
    4,761
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 467 Times in 398 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    281750
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremysdemo View Post
    Sorry I thought sometimes Mrs P posts under your name, it does seem some of the content of your post are from a feminine perspective and some are masculine, perhaps you are just in touch with your feminine side?



    Amen

    jerm
    No Mrs Psalmist doesn't post or post under a different name. She does though minister at the retirement/healthcare center, she is a commissioned chaplain to the ladies. As for over my shoulder influence she really doesn't, but is a real influence in my life everyday, and for that I'm thankful for this my treasure "Sweetie," and she's always an encouragement and a good listener, that means a lot to me.

    As for a feminine perspective, I don't know maybe? I never took a gym class while in junior and senior high, so far as physical athletics were concerned I did care for and did want to participate so I didn't, I was extremely opposed to the shower room situation, I explained to my dad and mom and my took take of it. As for the shower situation in the Navy I endured, I got in and got out it's that simple. I didn't participate in physical sports, my line of excitement was car racing for a number of years, and still have passion for old/antique/classic cars.

    Do I possess a softer side? Yes. There are things that take place in a persons that can change a persons perspective over the years until one is more apt to help and encourage rather than overlord and use disparaging tactics. My dad passed away when I was young; we lost two daughters in the first ten years of our marriage; my brother was middle aged when he passed away; I almost died in 2001 due to respiratory failure it was doubtful that I would come off the ventilator, but I did and I survived; Mrs Psalmist almost died in 2002, she also suffered respiratory failure, and was put on the ventilator and it was doubtful that she would come off of it, however 11 days later she did come off of it, they were tense moments and days; then my passed away in 2000. So life is precious and valuable, and if I can help somebody along the way, then my living will not be in vain, because it is always as unto the Lord.

    So if I approach things from a softer side and encourage others along life's way, I don't mind then that's what I do, that's what I do best, I have the influence of a lot ladies in our friendships; I've been a funeral director to which I was well suited, and the chaplaincy at the retirement/healthcare center is what I do best, to which I thank the Lord for because not everybody is able to or they don't care for after they see what is involved. I took some special courses from the Moody Bible Institute, that I aced.

    Well there you have it, that's mister softy, however when it is needed I will correct others when it is necessary, and there is no need to anybodies door mat.

    Psalmist


    .....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
    .....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
    Psalm 25:1

    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

    The best portion of a person’s life -- are the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~ William Wordsworth

  8. #67
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,297
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 485 Times in 445 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147692

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    No Mrs Psalmist doesn't post or post under a different name. She does though minister at the retirement/healthcare center, she is a commissioned chaplain to the ladies. As for over my shoulder influence she really doesn't, but is a real influence in my life everyday, and for that I'm thankful for this my treasure "Sweetie," and she's always an encouragement and a good listener, that means a lot to me.

    As for a feminine perspective, I don't know maybe? I never took a gym class while in junior and senior high, so far as physical athletics were concerned I did care for and did want to participate so I didn't, I was extremely opposed to the shower room situation, I explained to my dad and mom and my took take of it. As for the shower situation in the Navy I endured, I got in and got out it's that simple. I didn't participate in physical sports, my line of excitement was car racing for a number of years, and still have passion for old/antique/classic cars.

    Do I possess a softer side? Yes. There are things that take place in a persons that can change a persons perspective over the years until one is more apt to help and encourage rather than overlord and use disparaging tactics. My dad passed away when I was young; we lost two daughters in the first ten years of our marriage; my brother was middle aged when he passed away; I almost died in 2001 due to respiratory failure it was doubtful that I would come off the ventilator, but I did and I survived; Mrs Psalmist almost died in 2002, she also suffered respiratory failure, and was put on the ventilator and it was doubtful that she would come off of it, however 11 days later she did come off of it, they were tense moments and days; then my passed away in 2000. So life is precious and valuable, and if I can help somebody along the way, then my living will not be in vain, because it is always as unto the Lord.

    So if I approach things from a softer side and encourage others along life's way, I don't mind then that's what I do, that's what I do best, I have the influence of a lot ladies in our friendships; I've been a funeral director to which I was well suited, and the chaplaincy at the retirement/healthcare center is what I do best, to which I thank the Lord for because not everybody is able to or they don't care for after they see what is involved. I took some special courses from the Moody Bible Institute, that I aced.

    Well there you have it, that's mister softy, however when it is needed I will correct others when it is necessary, and there is no need to anybodies door mat.

    Psalmist
    Blessings Psalmist.

  9. #68
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In my head.
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1536
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    Classic Gnostic Christian theology contains the doctrine that Yahweh, Yaldabaoth, is a phony creator god, a usurper Lucifer who climbed to EL Elyon's position only in the eyes of priests and scribes of Judah, i.e. Yahweh was man-made to take EL's position away from EL the universal Near Eastern Most High God and give it to Yahweh, the tribal war god of Israel. Wisdom exposes this religious error to those who have eyes to see for themselves and ears to hear the historical facts instead of the man-made traditions of the fathers.

    Knight banned me for posting this Gnostic Christian doctrine. He says it's "blasphemy" and I can't post it. But it is classic Gnostic Christian theology and we follow Jesus Christ and Jesus' Father, EL Elyon, not Yahweh.

    I say Knight's prejudice shows TOL is NOT a Christian forum but another fundamentalist fraud that censors other usually more liberal Christian beliefs out just like CARM for example does. If Christians of all stripes cannot be allowed to express their beliefs then TOL is fradulent in claiming itself Christian.

    This is to test whether or not TOL remains in the hands of bigots like Knight who are abusing rules by self-interpretation to stop Christians of differing beliefs from being able to express themselves here. If this post and me is censored and banned then you know you're not here for honest intellectual debate but here in a kangaroo court with a bunch of Good Ol' Boys running roughshod over the townspeople.
    You're a Gnostic? LOLLLLLLLLLOLOLOL
    "Myths are not lies," Tolkien countered, among the swaying trees of Magdalen Grove. Materialistic progress leads only to the abyss, Tolkien said, but the myths we tell reflect a fragment of the true light. He argued the Christ story functions as a myth, just like the Scandinavian myths they had loved, with one difference: The Christian myth was true.

  10. #69
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In my head.
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1536
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    No Mrs Psalmist doesn't post or post under a different name. She does though minister at the retirement/healthcare center, she is a commissioned chaplain to the ladies. As for over my shoulder influence she really doesn't, but is a real influence in my life everyday, and for that I'm thankful for this my treasure "Sweetie," and she's always an encouragement and a good listener, that means a lot to me.

    As for a feminine perspective, I don't know maybe? I never took a gym class while in junior and senior high, so far as physical athletics were concerned I did care for and did want to participate so I didn't, I was extremely opposed to the shower room situation, I explained to my dad and mom and my took take of it. As for the shower situation in the Navy I endured, I got in and got out it's that simple. I didn't participate in physical sports, my line of excitement was car racing for a number of years, and still have passion for old/antique/classic cars.

    Do I possess a softer side? Yes. There are things that take place in a persons that can change a persons perspective over the years until one is more apt to help and encourage rather than overlord and use disparaging tactics. My dad passed away when I was young; we lost two daughters in the first ten years of our marriage; my brother was middle aged when he passed away; I almost died in 2001 due to respiratory failure it was doubtful that I would come off the ventilator, but I did and I survived; Mrs Psalmist almost died in 2002, she also suffered respiratory failure, and was put on the ventilator and it was doubtful that she would come off of it, however 11 days later she did come off of it, they were tense moments and days; then my passed away in 2000. So life is precious and valuable, and if I can help somebody along the way, then my living will not be in vain, because it is always as unto the Lord.

    So if I approach things from a softer side and encourage others along life's way, I don't mind then that's what I do, that's what I do best, I have the influence of a lot ladies in our friendships; I've been a funeral director to which I was well suited, and the chaplaincy at the retirement/healthcare center is what I do best, to which I thank the Lord for because not everybody is able to or they don't care for after they see what is involved. I took some special courses from the Moody Bible Institute, that I aced.

    Well there you have it, that's mister softy, however when it is needed I will correct others when it is necessary, and there is no need to anybodies door mat.

    Psalmist



    Best post ever! Shows that growing older in Christ is a wonderful thing.

    My mother's mother's husband (my grandfather) was not a Christian until he had a stroke in his 70s while all along my grandmother was, he mistreated her all of his life until he became a Christian, made her life wonderful until he died.

    I love you Psalmist!
    "Myths are not lies," Tolkien countered, among the swaying trees of Magdalen Grove. Materialistic progress leads only to the abyss, Tolkien said, but the myths we tell reflect a fragment of the true light. He argued the Christ story functions as a myth, just like the Scandinavian myths they had loved, with one difference: The Christian myth was true.

  11. #70
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In my head.
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1536
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    It's his forum. He can do what he wants.
    Exactly! I said something about money made on TOL a while back and expected to be banned and was not.

    He is great as the owner of a site such as this IMO. He's proven it over and over again with many people.

    He owns it as we own our business, (problem is we're a union, though we don't believe in unions since they've gone crazy), Knight can do as he pleases and is more than fair.
    "Myths are not lies," Tolkien countered, among the swaying trees of Magdalen Grove. Materialistic progress leads only to the abyss, Tolkien said, but the myths we tell reflect a fragment of the true light. He argued the Christ story functions as a myth, just like the Scandinavian myths they had loved, with one difference: The Christian myth was true.

  12. #71
    Get used to it. TomO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Between the Clowns and the Jokers
    Posts
    2,507
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 323 Times in 237 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    258858
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyChristian View Post
    You're a Gnostic? LOLLLLLLLLLOLOLOL
    Oh...you have NO idea.

    http://paxcalibur.org/paxstoryprt1.htm
    Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
    ~Leonard Cohen



    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ~Dalai Lama XIV

  13. #72
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In my head.
    Posts
    362
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1536
    Quote Originally Posted by TomO View Post
    Yes I do............we've been studying it in church. But I'll check out your link, I'm sure there's stuff about it I haven't heard.
    "Myths are not lies," Tolkien countered, among the swaying trees of Magdalen Grove. Materialistic progress leads only to the abyss, Tolkien said, but the myths we tell reflect a fragment of the true light. He argued the Christ story functions as a myth, just like the Scandinavian myths they had loved, with one difference: The Christian myth was true.

  14. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,110
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyChristian View Post
    You're a Gnostic? LOLLLLLLLLLOLOLOL


    Satan has all sorts of ways to trick the clueless.

  15. #74
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,203 Times in 10,088 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147865
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum1sGruj View Post
    Lighthouse is a pony enthusiast. Don't judge
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Easy there Lon, Lighthouse isn't the one in a pink bunny suit.
    I didn't see Lon's post.

    It was the first current child's cartoon for which I could find an online forum. I thought of a few others first but no real forums seemed to be available.


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 3rd, 2016)

  17. #75
    Over 6000 post club genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    6,866
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked 496 Times in 377 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    450552
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    I'm being attacked for posting my Gnostic Christian beliefs on TOL
    No, you are not.
    You came on this forum and started attacking everyone else's Christian beliefs with heresy that had been exposed as heresy and rejected as Christian beliefs 1800 years ago.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us