User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78

Thread: Test for Knight's honor or dishonor

  1. #16
    Blessed is the man that...... Psalmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A quiet place.
    Posts
    4,761
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 467 Times in 398 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    281750
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    ...EDITED....

    This is to test whether or not TOL remains in the hands of bigots like Knight who are abusing rules by self-interpretation to stop Christians of differing beliefs from being able to express themselves here. If this post and me is censored and banned then you know you're not here for honest intellectual debate but here in a kangaroo court with a bunch of Good Ol' Boys running roughshod over the townspeople.
    You shouldn't start something like this, it is not wise, however it is great banning material.

    Bigot? Are you kidding, Knight set the rules it is his website. This reminds me of "Occupy TOL" (like Wall Street) or some other obnoxious rebellious act.

    As for Knight being honor or dishonorable, Knight is an honorable person who owns/operates/moderates a good website, I like and I'm staying.

    My advice to those who get strange ideas about such notions: think before you click.

    I was going to post something about, "You have the brains of a melon," but I won't, but I did.


    .....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
    .....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
    Psalm 25:1

    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

    The best portion of a personís life -- are the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~ William Wordsworth

  2. #17
    Journeyman Cleekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sturgis, KY
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    33486
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    Knight is an honorable person who owns/operates/moderates a good website, I like and I'm staying.
    Religion can never reform mankind, because religion is slavery.

  3. #18
    Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,829
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,101 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147615
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    Classic Gnostic Christian theology contains the doctrine that Yahweh, Yaldabaoth, is a phony creator god, a usurper Lucifer who climbed to EL Elyon's position only in the eyes of priests and scribes of Judah, i.e. Yahweh was man-made to take EL's position away from EL the universal Near Eastern Most High God and give it to Yahweh, the tribal war god of Israel. Wisdom exposes this religious error to those who have eyes to see for themselves and ears to hear the historical facts instead of the man-made traditions of the fathers.

    Knight banned me for posting this Gnostic Christian doctrine. He says it's "blasphemy" and I can't post it. But it is classic Gnostic Christian theology and we follow Jesus Christ and Jesus' Father, EL Elyon, not Yahweh.

    I say Knight's prejudice shows TOL is NOT a Christian forum but another fundamentalist fraud that censors other usually more liberal Christian beliefs out just like CARM for example does. If Christians of all stripes cannot be allowed to express their beliefs then TOL is fradulent in claiming itself Christian.

    This is to test whether or not TOL remains in the hands of bigots like Knight who are abusing rules by self-interpretation to stop Christians of differing beliefs from being able to express themselves here. If this post and me is censored and banned then you know you're not here for honest intellectual debate but here in a kangaroo court with a bunch of Good Ol' Boys running roughshod over the townspeople.
    Quit posing stupid, your not even close to being a Christian.

  4. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,110
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    Knight banned me
    Yes, he did.

    I say blablablablabla
    Who cares what you say?

  5. #20
    The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    12,222
    Thanks
    1,558
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 7,055 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147690
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post

    Knight banned me
    Whingeing about it isn't going to solve anything. Your posting habits come across as whining among other things. No one likes a whiner.

    Waterbear, You get out of a forum what you put into it. The posts that are not whining have been of an abrasive confrontational nature. I seen only a few posts from you that don't fall into these categories. They have also skirted the forum rules; you would know this if you took your time to review the rules. Honestly, I believe Knight has cut you a lot of slack. Most Christian boards would have permanently booted you weeks ago.

    The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

    June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 3rd, 2016)

  7. #21
    Journeyman organiccornflake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    You're not banned for being a gnostic (freelight has been here forever), you are banned for being a tool.
    Case. Point.

  8. #22
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    6,998
    Thanks
    2,502
    Thanked 1,613 Times in 1,142 Posts

    Blog Entries
    79
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1476268

    Lightbulb passing the test.......

    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    Classic Gnostic Christian theology contains the doctrine that Yahweh, Yaldabaoth, is a phony creator god, a usurper Lucifer who climbed to EL Elyon's position only in the eyes of priests and scribes of Judah, i.e. Yahweh was man-made to take EL's position away from EL the universal Near Eastern Most High God and give it to Yahweh, the tribal war god of Israel. Wisdom exposes this religious error to those who have eyes to see for themselves and ears to hear the historical facts instead of the man-made traditions of the fathers.
    Hi waterbear,

    Yes...this is one classical gnostic view of Yahweh being the demiurge, an imposter god as it were (yet having a hand in the creation of this world and man), and Jesus coming along as a luminary of the true God of light and knowledge, from the superior realms of the Pleroma. Variations on this theme exist however within Gnosticism, as you probably know. There are various schools. Any researcher here can learn the basics of Gnosticism, the different views, etc. to better engage the discussion.

    The Gnosis Archive

    Gnostic Cosmology

    Knight banned me for posting this Gnostic Christian doctrine. He says it's "blasphemy" and I can't post it. But it is classic Gnostic Christian theology and we follow Jesus Christ and Jesus' Father, EL Elyon, not Yahweh.
    I havent seen the post(s) that merited your 'banning' to properly judge it, and/or if its a violation of forum rules, or what Knight himself considers 'blasphemy' in a way the forum rules might not specify, which would still hold, seeing that its his forum. Nothing that negotiation and diplomacy cant handle.

    I say Knight's prejudice shows TOL is NOT a Christian forum but another fundamentalist fraud that censors other usually more liberal Christian beliefs out just like CARM for example does. If Christians of all stripes cannot be allowed to express their beliefs then TOL is fradulent in claiming itself Christian.
    I realize this is a biased christian-based open forum naturally tailored towards Knights own theological preference, perspectives, and outreach. We are just along for the ride, and to make TOL an 'open arena' for all kinds of discussion. As far as what is 'christian', that can depend on who you ask, and what 'qualifications' are being proposed to even determine such. Because of such controversy over such, I no longer designate myself as a 'Christian(Other)', leaving the title 'Christian' alone...and am more comfortable here affiliating as a 'Hindu' or 'Pagan', since they are the closest slots open that resonate with my eclectic path. I did propose to Knight about having a 'Unitarian-Universalist' slot for added diversity, as that might be able to 'fit' us more pluralistic types as well.

    This is to test whether or not TOL remains in the hands of bigots like Knight who are abusing rules by self-interpretation to stop Christians of differing beliefs from being able to express themselves here. If this post and me is censored and banned then you know you're not here for honest intellectual debate but here in a kangaroo court with a bunch of Good Ol' Boys running roughshod over the townspeople.
    Its one thing to be an 'alarmist', lone ranger/cosmic avenger..... and another to share your point of view respectfully in a constructive, edifying way consonant with the forum rules. I can ride the edge at times, but am fairly careful, crafting discussions as a 'creative dialogue' exercise, more of a way of 'expanding consciousness'. Its a fine line of respect, learning as you go along. Sometimes just sharing something as a point of view is best, instead of assuming its anything else

    Om shanti,


    pj

  9. #23
    Over 6000 post club PureX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NWPA
    Posts
    6,364
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 826 Times in 569 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    612040
    Waterbear,

    There is a difference between sharing your own beliefs, and proselytizing. I could be wrong, but I suspect you might have been banned for the latter.

    I say that because if Knight were banning people simply for not being fundi-Christians, most of the participants here on TOL would be banned. We have atheists, Jews, homosexuals, and even ... LIBERALS *shuddering* posting here. And they aren't being banned.

    So perhaps it's not about what you believe so much as how you're presenting it to others.

    Just a thought.

  10. #24
    Over 1000 post club Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,452
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 82 Times in 69 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78057
    Waterbear, Valentinus probably had the most sensible view on Gnosticism. It's not so much placing the blame for everything on the creator God, but rather Mother Sophia. It all still comes back to the Pleroma however, which is the higher realm of thought or the world of ideal forms. That totality of Divinity is still the basis of all phenomena. Christ would still be a gift sent to teach us to live in the spirit and be reborn from the old flesh. There isn't necessarily the difference you are perceiving here, from essence.
    I'm not a sinner, or preacher, all I have is slight of hand.

  11. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Bingo!

    So... why would you want to participate on a site run by a "bigot"?

    I wonder what jerks wrote these rules?
    "TheologyOnline is a community forum where people debate theology, religion, politics, and just about everything else."

    Knight, be so kind as to read TOL's agenda. Where do you see "Gnostic Christians cannot post on TOL because I, Knight, don't like them or their theology"?

    Knight, I join most every religious discussion forum I can in order to promote awareness of the Gnostic Christian tradition which, unlike your Pauline one, is very much alive and active with new information coming in every year it seems to add to the Mystery of Jesus. On many Christian forums like CARM I am routinely banned for posting Gnostic Christian beliefs as they are pretty up-front about only allowing Evangelical Christians to really have freedom to post what they believe. CARM does have sections like most forums for "other" beliefs to be posted and discussed but when push comes to shove, CARM monitors will come down against what they consider heretical Christian beliefs which Gnostic ones always were. I expect banishment from CARM because CARM is run by Evangelical bigots who have no regard for Christian historical studies or other Christian p.o.v.

    From the TOL slogan I expected a more feisty group of Christians here that perhaps was willing to engage their Gnostic Christian opponents instead of taking the intellectual coward's way out, censorship of Gnostic posts and banishment of Gnostic members, but you typify the intolerant rightwing phony "Christian" who has zero interest in following Jesus' commandment to seek the truth. You just want to play two-bit god with other people's beliefs, Knight, a poor show but I expect it from power trippers like you. You can run your forum any way you want but don't expect the rightwing toady pat on the back from this TOL member that you get from others who could also care less about intellectual honesty.

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,110
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Goodness, you are whiny tonight.


    Have you considered that perhaps the reason you've been banned from this site and others is not so much your message as the fact that you present it poorly?

    IOW - have you considered that you just might be an insufferable jerk that nobody likes?

  13. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
    Waterbear, Valentinus probably had the most sensible view on Gnosticism. It's not so much placing the blame for everything on the creator God, but rather Mother Sophia. It all still comes back to the Pleroma however, which is the higher realm of thought or the world of ideal forms. That totality of Divinity is still the basis of all phenomena. Christ would still be a gift sent to teach us to live in the spirit and be reborn from the old flesh. There isn't necessarily the difference you are perceiving here, from essence.
    If I'm not banned again, I'd love to start a thread on this very subject of Gnostic hostility to Yahweh as I was shown a way out of it via the discovery of the truth of god usurpation by Judah priests and scribes leading finding EL Elyon as He was before Judah mooshed him into their Yahweh war god. It changed the whole Gnostic position for me as now I see it never was the Creator problem at all but the Yahweh Lucifer stunt. Once you put the Creator, the rightful one, EL Elyon back to His rightful position everything about Creation changes for the better, there's none of that "man is born a sinner" crapola for example from EL. That's Yahwehism, the tactic of of war god as boot camp instructor stripping the new recruit to zero social status in order to insert the war general's ideology and commands into the tabla rosa believer.

    There's a whole new theology now that reestablishes the ancient Hebrew way of worshiping EL Elyon through His Son, Yahweh, i.e. Jesus Christ, who has paid the price for Yahweh's Lucifer act that has fooled the world of Judeo-Christianity for 2500 years now but never fooled those who sought Knowledge of God, Gnosis, to begin with..

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    751
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    "TheologyOnline is a community forum where people debate theology, religion, politics, and just about everything else."

    Knight, be so kind as to read TOL's agenda. Where do you see "Gnostic Christians cannot post on TOL because I, Knight, don't like them or their theology"?

    Knight, I join most every religious discussion forum I can in order to promote awareness of the Gnostic Christian tradition which, unlike your Pauline one, is very much alive and active with new information coming in every year it seems to add to the Mystery of Jesus. On many Christian forums like CARM I am routinely banned for posting Gnostic Christian beliefs as they are pretty up-front about only allowing Evangelical Christians to really have freedom to post what they believe. CARM does have sections like most forums for "other" beliefs to be posted and discussed but when push comes to shove, CARM monitors will come down against what they consider heretical Christian beliefs which Gnostic ones always were. I expect banishment from CARM because CARM is run by Evangelical bigots who have no regard for Christian historical studies or other Christian p.o.v.

    From the TOL slogan I expected a more feisty group of Christians here that perhaps was willing to engage their Gnostic Christian opponents instead of taking the intellectual coward's way out, censorship of Gnostic posts and banishment of Gnostic members, but you typify the intolerant rightwing phony "Christian" who has zero interest in following Jesus' commandment to seek the truth. You just want to play two-bit god with other people's beliefs, Knight, a poor show but I expect it from power trippers like you. You can run your forum any way you want but don't expect the rightwing toady pat on the back from this TOL member that you get from others who could also care less about intellectual honesty.
    Translation

  15. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by some other dude View Post
    Goodness, you are whiny tonight.


    Have you considered that perhaps the reason you've been banned from this site and others is not so much your message as the fact that you present it poorly?

    IOW - have you considered that you just might be an insufferable jerk that nobody likes?
    Have you considered growing up and stopping playing kindergarten name-calling games with adults?

    Is TOL an Internet grade-school playground where schoolyard bullies are picking on the ones who don't dress, talk, look like, act like, the bullies' clique? Such immature people but typical of rightwingers in my experience.

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,110
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    Have you considered growing up and stopping playing kindergarten name-calling games with adults?
    And yet I manage to stay unbanned and you're the one whining about it like a little girl with a skinned knee.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us