Thread: Sick and tired of Knight's bigotry against Gnostic Christianity

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    "the Christian Church"? What pray tell us, is "the Christian Church?"

Here's a quick Wikipedia check against your posted ignorance of Christian roots and theology just as I said TOL phonies are such. Information on Gnosticism is readily available on the Internet and there you will learn that Gnosticism was right at the beginnings of early Christianity. Our roots are as old as any Christian history and this is verifiable by going to most any university level comparative religions class (not Bible college level where intellectual curiosity is not welcomed and blind faith belief is) and asking the professor if Gnostic Christianity is a Christian belief system or not. The Gnostic Christians certainly thought so which the early Church Fathers considered Gnostics enemies because they didn't go for the Church hierarchy structure, no more priesthoods needed for the Gnostic Christian.

Wiki:

"Gnosticism (from gnostikos, "learned", from Greek: γνῶσις gnōsis, knowledge) is a scholarly term for a set of religious beliefs and spiritual practices common to early Christianity, Hellenistic Judaism, Greco-Roman mystery religions, Zoroastrianism (especially Zurvanism), and Neoplatonism.

A common characteristic of some of these groups was the teaching that the realisation of Gnosis (esoteric or intuitive knowledge), is the way to salvation of the soul from the material world. They saw the material world as created through an intermediary being (demiurge) rather than directly by God. In most of the systems, this demiurge was seen as imperfect, in others even as evil. Different gnostic schools sometimes identified the demiurge as Adam Kadmon, Ahriman, El, Saklas, Samael, Satan, Yaldabaoth, or Yahweh.
    If Wikipedia says it's right, it must be. It would be a shame to consider God's word over Wikipedia.
    The L-rd bless you and keep you;
    The L-rd make his face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    The L-rd lift up his countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.

Abortion is murder. Period.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 620 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quit and debate in favor of gnosticism. Stop acting like a spoiled child.
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And some people can't wait to be toadies of the person in power against the victim of that person. Knight did ban me and for "blasphemy" which is as I post all this TRUTH about GNOSTIC CHRISTIAN view of Yahweh as a devil he uses it for ammo to ban me with. In other words, Knight says Gnostic Christians cannot post on TOL. This is blatant prejudice and it just adds to my opinion TOL is filled with PHONIES calling themselves "Christians" but using Christianity only as cover for pretty nasty anti-Christ views of society, people, religious beliefs of others.
    You're pathetic. Just some sad individual who wants attention and to feel important. You got banned because you insulted our beliefs with vulgar language. Hence the blasphemy.
    All shall fear Drotar, the overlord of the underworld

Thanks
    Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,652 Posts

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"the Christian Church"? What pray tell us, is "the Christian Church?"

Here's a quick Wikipedia check against your posted ignorance of Christian roots and theology just as I said TOL phonies are such. Information on Gnosticism is readily available on the Internet and there you will learn that Gnosticism was right at the beginnings of early Christianity. Our roots are as old as any Christian history and this is verifiable by going to most any university level comparative religions class (not Bible college level where intellectual curiosity is not welcomed and blind faith belief is) and asking the professor if Gnostic Christianity is a Christian belief system or not. The Gnostic Christians certainly thought so which the early Church Fathers considered Gnostics enemies because they didn't go for the Church hierarchy structure, no more priesthoods needed for the Gnostic Christian.

Wiki:

"Gnosticism (from gnostikos, "learned", from Greek: γνῶσις gnōsis, knowledge) is a scholarly term for a set of religious beliefs and spiritual practices common to early Christianity, Hellenistic Judaism, Greco-Roman mystery religions, Zoroastrianism (especially Zurvanism), and Neoplatonism.

A common characteristic of some of these groups was the teaching that the realisation of Gnosis (esoteric or intuitive knowledge), is the way to salvation of the soul from the material world. They saw the material world as created through an intermediary being (demiurge) rather than directly by God. In most of the systems, this demiurge was seen as imperfect, in others even as evil. Different gnostic schools sometimes identified the demiurge as Adam Kadmon, Ahriman, El, Saklas, Samael, Satan, Yaldabaoth, or Yahweh.

A common characteristic of some of these groups was the teaching that the realisation of Gnosis (esoteric or intuitive knowledge), is the way to salvation of the soul from the material world.

That isn't the way to salvation. This is;

Acts 4

10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Tambora (November 12th, 2016)

Blessed is the man that...... Psalmist's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...EDITED...
    You should quit while you ahead, or post one those goodbye I'm out here threads.

If you don't like TOL, Knight, I would say move and find another website to be a part of.

.....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
    .....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
    Psalm 25:1

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

The best portion of a person’s life -- are the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~ William Wordsworth

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post
    You should quit while you ahead, or post one those goodbye I'm out here threads.

If you don't like TOL, Knight, I would say move and find another website to be a part of.
    I think he's just trying to work up to become a digital martyr.
    All shall fear Drotar, the overlord of the underworld

Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,101 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by some other dude View Post
    You're an idiot.
    Man you are nice SOD I would say "complete moron" or "chump". Are you getting soft on me?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rocketman For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When a poster stoops to name-calling....
    OK, so it looks like you're saying that it would be a very bad thing for a poster to call names, right?

They've shown their hand as low-life intellects as you have so done.

Like I said, you're an idiot.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to some other dude For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 16th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other words, Knight says Gnostic Christians cannot post on TOL.

And yet, here you are back again.

Yep, you're an idiot.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to some other dude For Your Post:

The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,367 Times in 7,055 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's see in this giant blab for a opener his disrespects the Administration, commits blasphemy and he cusses.

Stick a fork in him--he's done.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,169 Times in 3,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    Quit and debate in favor of gnosticism. Stop acting like a spoiled child.
    It's been my experience that he enjoys decrying and blogging more than substantively engaging. But given that ticking sound...a moot point perhaps.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

patrick jane (March 25th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 714 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this another thread from waterbear about what a jerk I am and how horrible this website it? With all the millions of websites out there I wonder why he is so intent on participating on one that's as bad as this one.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knight For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (December 16th, 2016),patrick jane (March 25th, 2016),Tambora (November 12th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 620 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Is this another thread from waterbear about what a jerk I am and how horrible this website it? With all the millions of websites out there I wonder why he is so intent on participating on one that's as bad as this one.
    You never know, he could be going on forums everywhere telling people how much of a victim he is because he's gnostic and how he hates the site and its creator because of anti-gnostic bigotry.

This particular type of trolling shall forever be called "waterbearing" in honor.
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

21. The Following User Says Thank You to WizardofOz For Your Post:

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,203 Times in 10,088 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    Do gnostics ask Jesus to come into their heart?

And you're a name-caller. A slanderer, a bearer of false witness, a breaker of the Commandment. How many times do I have to repeat it? When a poster stoops to name-calling or slander instead of reasoned argument, they've lost the debate. They've shown their hand as low-life intellects as you have so done.
    And you're going to Hell.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Tambora (April 22nd, 2016)

Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Gnostic jihadist?

Psalm 144

Thread Information