Sam Alito: To Die For

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

Granite said:
Same here. I don't understand what the deal is with some conservatives here. Who, exactly, would fit the bill? I'm tired of this Robert Bork Clone crap.
Robert Bork was a pro abort when he was nominated. I think he has changed his tune in his old age, but not sure. So Bork RIGHTLY lost his nomination.

Granite

Hall of Fame
drbrumley said:
Robert Bork was a pro abort when he was nominated. I think he has changed his tune in his old age, but not sure. So Bork RIGHTLY lost his nomination.

One way or another both sides have a litmus test whether they admit it or not. A nominee always boils down to the abortion issue, and we should stop kidding ourselves otherwise.

drbrumley

Granite said:
One way or another both sides have a litmus test whether they admit it or not. A nominee always boils down to the abortion issue, and we should stop kidding ourselves otherwise.

Your right. My litmus test is if anyone is willing to murder an unborn child. If someone says it is ok, even by procedure in the courts, that judge or person has disqualified him/herself and not to be trusted. How can you trust someone with tougher issues when they can't even get the simple issue figured out?

drbrumley

Granite said:

And Bush's litmus test is a pro abort or not, but will follow the crowd.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
BillyBob said:
If you guys wanna make abortions illegal, do it the right way and force you Representatives to pass legislation declaring abortions illegal.
You've put it that way a few times "if you guys want to make abortion illegal" just curious, do you want it to be illegal?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Imrahil said:
You've put it that way a few times "if you guys want to make abortion illegal" just curious, do you want it to be illegal?

I think abortion should be illegal, yes, but I am not one of these 'One Issue' wackos who frequent these pages.

BillyBob said:
I think abortion should be illegal, yes, but I am not one of these 'One Issue' wackos who frequent these pages.

I'm Curious... do you think abortion will *ever* be illegal? Why or why not?

Myself, I don't think it ever will, because most people support it, and no mainstream party will ever have the the testicular fortitude to face the political consequences after imposing a nationwide ban. Note: a Roe reversal is a far cry from a nationwide ban on abortion.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Interestingly, since conservatives wouldn't normally have an abortion, most abortions are had by libs. And since most children hold the same ideology as their parents, most aborted babies would have grown up to be liberals. The libs are killing off their own constituency. :doh:

Granite

Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
Interestingly, since conservatives wouldn't normally have an abortion, most abortions are had by libs. And since most children hold the same ideology as their parents, most aborted babies would have grown up to be liberals. The libs are killing off their own constituency. :doh:

With some exceptions I'd say that's true--either that or abortions are had by the poor and disenfranchised who don't frequently vote in the first place. However, political views are kind of adoptive, as it were...people can stray from what their parents taught them, or meld different sides of the spectrum.

I remember, I was about fifteen and a bunch of us from our high school (parochial) went to the state house to protest some pro-choice legislation. If you want to speak you drop your name in a box and it's called at random. Mine was, I went up with a few prepared remarks, said my piece, returned to my seat. As it turned out most of us in my school group had a chance to go up there and a couple local papers chatted us up. Keep in mind this was a spontaneous, voluntary, unplanned affair my pastor put together.

I distinctly remember someone on the pro-choice saying, just loud enough to hear as I approached the lectern: "Oh look, they brought a kid." While the attitude and the assumption burned me, what annoyed me even more was the ignorance in this individual. If you want young constituents or youth who agree with you, stop dissecting them or salting them alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.