User Tag List

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101
Results 1,501 to 1,509 of 1509

Thread: Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

  1. #1501
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,200 Times in 10,085 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147865
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Did He ever even once say that He hated anyone? He said He hated the 'deeds' of the ones whom He named in Revelation.
    The Bible states time and time again that God hates certain people; including those who bear false witness and bloodthirsty and deceitful men. It states that He hates even the parts of their bodies they use to commit certain acts: their lying tongues and hands that shed innocent blood. Psalm 5:4-6 and Proverbs 6:16-19 lay these out. In fact, the first passage states that God hates all workers of iniquity. Do you know what a worker of iniquity is?

    God never changes. He doesn't want us to judge others and hate them. He wants us to judge righteous judgment. He wants us to know who is a sinner that needs prayer and who is our brother who can help us pray for the sinner.
    If God doesn't want us to hate anyone then why allow Psalm 139:21-22 to be included in His word? Why not rebuke David for such thoughts?

    No, I'm smart enough to see that you hate everyone, including me.
    If I didn't love you I wouldn't rebuke you. Leviticus 19:17 and Romans 12:9.

    It's all you demonstrate: hatred.
    "Truth is hate to those who hate the truth."


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

  3. #1502
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    5,692
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89520
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Do you know what a worker of iniquity is?
    Yes. Do you know what a New Testament is? The Lord also mandated that we should stone a person to death for adultery. Did He cast a stone at anyone? No. He didn't. He wants us to follow His example, not that of barbarians, who kill and maim in the name of religion. He wants us to walk in forgiveness as He does. He didn't condemn anyone. You want to condemn everyone. Please buy a clue.
    If God doesn't want us to hate anyone then why allow Psalm 139:21-22 to be included in His word? Why not rebuke David for such thoughts?
    Because at the time in church history it was the only way they knew how to be. Today He wants us to come into such a close relationship with Him that we represent His Love on this earth.

    Matthew 5:13-14
    Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

    Sorry, but if you condemn others, you are just like the world and have lost your savor. The Lord just might spit you out into the street. Be the light. Be the salt. Don't just preach about God, come to know Him, personally. If you did, you'd have His Heart, not judgmentalism and religianity. You're off the path.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

  4. #1503
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,200 Times in 10,085 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147865
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Yes. Do you know what a New Testament is?
    Oh. So it's your argument that He who is the same yesterday, today and forever changed between testaments?

    The Lord also mandated that we should stone a person to death for adultery. Did He cast a stone at anyone? No. He didn't. He wants us to follow His example, not that of barbarians, who kill and maim in the name of religion. He wants us to walk in forgiveness as He does. He didn't condemn anyone. You want to condemn everyone. Please buy a clue.
    Are you kidding me?! He condemned plenty of people. He even said they were already condemned if they did not believe in Him.

    When He said to forgive He said to forgive those who repent.

    And in reference to the woman caught in adultery He didn't condemn her because the very law he commanded said He could not.

    Because at the time in church history it was the only way they knew how to be. Today He wants us to come into such a close relationship with Him that we represent His Love on this earth.

    Matthew 5:13-14
    Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

    Sorry, but if you condemn others, you are just like the world and have lost your savor. The Lord just might spit you out into the street. Be the light. Be the salt. Don't just preach about God, come to know Him, personally. If you did, you'd have His Heart, not judgmentalism and religianity. You're off the path.
    While God loves and is love it is not all there is to Him. He is also righteous, which means He abhors evil. And as His representatives on this Earth we are to be much more than flower children who wear His name.

    I am not here to condemn, because those who do not believe on Him already are.

    How can you be so ignorant of God and who and what He is? I can only surmise that you do not know Him and He does not know you.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

  6. #1504
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    5,692
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89520
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Oh. So it's your argument that He who is the same yesterday, today and forever changed between testaments?
    Nope. Simply believe that only God is God. He is The Judge of The Universe, not me. I don't get to decide to hate someone, simply because it's easier than walking in love, which is the hardest thing there is. Jesus showed us a perfect example of how we are to be: loving. He didn't condemn anyone, so I can't, either.
    When He said to forgive He said to forgive those who repent.
    He forgave me, so I forgive others. Holding someone to repent isn't my job. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, not me.
    While God loves and is love it is not all there is to Him. He is also righteous, which means He abhors evil. And as His representatives on this Earth we are to be much more than flower children who wear His name.
    Yes, but we're not His hammer, designed to beat His children over the head with His Word simply because they haven't repented yet.
    How can you be so ignorant of God and who and what He is? I can only surmise that you do not know Him and He does not know you.
    It's actually called: presumption. You've judged me, based upon your mis-information 'about' God, Whom you've yet to meet. When you do, you'll change your tune. Until then you're going to hear the same thing over and over until you learn it: we are not to judge, that is God's job. We judge righteous judgment. That means we don't condemn, we don't presume or discard someone because we guess that he's un-righteous. We hold our judgment and keep loving them, preaching The Word in season and out. Using our swords haphazardly will only chase people away from God not show them His Goodness such that they might find Him.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

  7. #1505
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,200 Times in 10,085 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147865
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Nope. Simply believe that only God is God. He is The Judge of The Universe, not me. I don't get to decide to hate someone, simply because it's easier than walking in love, which is the hardest thing there is. Jesus showed us a perfect example of how we are to be: loving. He didn't condemn anyone, so I can't, either.He forgave me, so I forgive others. Holding someone to repent isn't my job. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, not me.Yes, but we're not His hammer, designed to beat His children over the head with His Word simply because they haven't repented yet. It's actually called: presumption. You've judged me, based upon your mis-information 'about' God, Whom you've yet to meet. When you do, you'll change your tune. Until then you're going to hear the same thing over and over until you learn it: we are not to judge, that is God's job. We judge righteous judgment. That means we don't condemn, we don't presume or discard someone because we guess that he's un-righteous. We hold our judgment and keep loving them, preaching The Word in season and out. Using our swords haphazardly will only chase people away from God not show them His Goodness such that they might find Him.
    You refuse to even pay attention to what I'm actually saying, rather you choose to argue against your own fatuous made up blather. Which is no surprise as you ignore the text of even God's word; why should I expect you to actually humble yourself long enough to seek out the actuality of my words?

    You're just another Godless heathen who calls himself a Christian.


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

  9. #1506
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    5,692
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89520
    Your presumptions are as obvious as your misunderstanding of His Truths. Christianity is NOT about burning bridges or pointing to another's error, it's about sharing His Truth and bringing the lost home. I'm not looking for an excuse for deep-seated hatred but I've come into a relationship with The One Who erases hatred from hearts that He gives new life to. One humbles himself before God by humbling himself in the sight of others and taking their needs into more consideration than his own. Puffing oneself up by bragging or putting others down is an anti-Christ spirit, not to mention: self-defeating. You need to examine and judge yourself, not others. When you do: judging others will be the furthest thing from your heart and mind. You have the attitude of the Pharisee in Jesus' parable:

    Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

    Dear God: have mercy on Lighthouse. Thank You for Your mercy!!!
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

  10. #1507
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,200 Times in 10,085 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147865
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Your presumptions are as obvious as your misunderstanding of His Truths. Christianity is NOT about burning bridges or pointing to another's error, it's about sharing His Truth and bringing the lost home. I'm not looking for an excuse for deep-seated hatred but I've come into a relationship with The One Who erases hatred from hearts that He gives new life to. One humbles himself before God by humbling himself in the sight of others and taking their needs into more consideration than his own. Puffing oneself up by bragging or putting others down is an anti-Christ spirit, not to mention: self-defeating. You need to examine and judge yourself, not others. When you do: judging others will be the furthest thing from your heart and mind. You have the attitude of the Pharisee in Jesus' parable:

    Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

    Dear God: have mercy on Lighthouse. Thank You for Your mercy!!!
    Simply more proof that you have absolutely no idea what my argument even is.


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

  12. #1508
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    5,692
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 42 Times in 40 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    89520
    The same reaction the Pharisees had in Jesus' day.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

  13. #1509
    Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    20,720
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 13,200 Times in 10,085 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147865
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    The same reaction the Pharisees had in Jesus' day.
    Scripture?


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us