Who won Battle Royale IX?

Who won Battle Royale IX?

• Hilston

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Stratnerd

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters

Of course, the interesting thing would be if there were any Creationists that thought Stratnerd won, or any Evolutionists who thought Hilston won.

Anyone fit that bill?

mighty_duck

Actually they both won.

Stratnerd won the debate "if we define evolution as biological Evolution, then evolution is science", which was hardly contested.

Hilston won the debate "If we define evolution as a Metaphysical Naturalist worldview, then evolution is not science", which was hardly contested.

Since when is a worldview scientific? Its a philosphical issue. Hilston also managed to prove that science was not science. Hooray!

I think Stratnerd's definition is more interesting. Maybe we should have a battle royal about "biological evolution, science or science fiction" ;)

Jukia

kmoney said:
well, not that it's over I guess it's time I start reading it :hammer:

I read bits and pieces of it as it was going along. Printed it out, reread Hilston's 2nd post and threw it all away. His debating style is more in the nature of a 10 year olds "Its my football and I am going home". He made up the rules as he went along. His basic premise was not science but theology.

Mr. 5020

Of course, the interesting thing would be if there were any Creationists that thought Stratnerd won, or any Evolutionists who thought Hilston won.

Anyone fit that bill?
I do.

koban

Mr. 5020 said:

Me too, kinda.

Hilston's nothing if not verbose, but after you blow away all the fluff, there's nothing left.

It's apparent in his defense of not celebrating Christmas, and his claims that Enyart lost BRVII from the start.

His argumentation is no different fundamentally than Letsargue's, but he types faster and knows how to use a spell-checker. :thumb: