The Wild Wild "West"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy West

godrulz said:
Exactly! This is the essentials of the faith, not spiritual gifts. I am sure you also affirm the authority of Scripture over subjective feelings.

You need to realize that scripture does not tell us everything. It definately does not even touch the surface concerning the nature and character of God. There are those who will say that the Bible contains everything that we need to know. Does that mean the anything that is not in scripture is un-scriptural?

Jimmy West

Evee said:
Once saved always saved?
I bought a lottery ticket one for myself and one for my sister, She said if I win it is mine I said of course it is a gift.
Now I am not sure if that is the way God looks at it or not though.

Once saved, always saved is a falacy. A person can loose their salvation by living a sinful lifestyle where they continue sinning without attempting to stop, while knowing that they are sinning. When that happens, they are considered to have voluntarily given up their salvation. An example of that is a homosexual lifestyle.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
godrulz... From God's vantage point, it is not enough to just say you believe something. It matters what is truly in the heart, and what is truly in the heart is revealed in what a person says, and therefore you can know what they truly believe.

When someone says that they are "saved by grace", it must be known what meaning they pour into the words "saved" and "grace".

You cannot say "I am saved by grace through faith", and also say I am not saved if I do this or that. It destroys the meanings of the words grace, faith, and saved, and that tells you that the person did not believe in the first place.

The devil can spout correct doctrine. I trust Christ alone for salvation as does Jimmy (I suspect). Just because he words things imprecisely does not mean he does not know Christ necessarily. What happened to burden of proof vs jumping to conclusions based on a sentence?

Semantics is certainly an issue with Mormons who claim to be Christians, but redefine terms.

Jimmy West

Thank You

Thank You

BTW, Thank You for thinking of me and my salvation. I appreciate your concern and commend you for stepping out for me.
Jimmy

Sozo

Jimmy West said:
It is written that issues of the spirit are foolishness to those who are carnal:

1 Corinthians 2

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are
foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

You are still on milk and have not yet grown into solid food:

1 Corinthians 3
1And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal,
even as unto babes in Christ.

2I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear
it, neither yet now are ye able.

3For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and
divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

These verses are addressing an understanding of the things of God revealed to us in the gospel, not new revelations proclaimed by a false teacher like yourself.

I see that you play golf! I will as easily continue to prove you a false teacher on this forum, as I would to humiliate you on the course.

Hole #1 Par 5

Sozo - 3 Eagle

Jimmy- 8 Triple Bogey

You are currently five strokes back! :chuckle:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jimmy West said:
You need to realize that scripture does not tell us everything. It definately does not even touch the surface concerning the nature and character of God. There are those who will say that the Bible contains everything that we need to know. Does that mean the anything that is not in scripture is un-scriptural?

The Bible is truth (though it also accurately records lies of men and demons). It is not exhaustive truth, but what is revealed about God and His ways is true.

Examples of other things? The Mormons claim revelation that is extra and contrabiblical.

Scripture does not give us scientific or mathematical details. What spiritual things are you referring to? Everything we need to know about God, life, death, eternal life, salvation, etc. is in Scripture, but not everything there is possibly to know about this subject.

There are things not systematically discussed in Scripture that are still true or consistent with biblical principles.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jimmy West said:
It is written that issues of the spirit are foolishness to those who are carnal:

1 Corinthians 2

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are
foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

You are still on milk and have not yet grown into solid food:

1 Corinthians 3
1And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal,
even as unto babes in Christ.

2I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear
it, neither yet now are ye able.

3For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and
divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

I Cor. 2 contrasts false, pagan philosophy with Christian truth. It is not about hidden, esoteric knowledge beneath the plain sense of Scripture.

I Cor. 3 is about divisions in the church over personalities/leaders. He was saying that they were immature and fleshly. He is not saying there is plain truth and secret truth for the superspiritual.

Sozo

Jimmy West said:
A person can loose (lose) their salvation by living a sinful lifestyle where they continue sinning without attempting to stop, while knowing that they are sinning. When that happens, they are considered to have voluntarily given up their salvation.

Point # 2

Here Jimmy proves that he does not believe in salvation by grace through faith. He believes that you are saved by your ability to refrain from sin. He believes in salvation through human effort, not the blood of Jesus.

Hole # 2 Par 3

Sozo - A hole in one!!

Jimmy - Out of bounds - threw his club - disqualified!

Game over!

Sozo :first:

Jimmy West

Sozo said:
These verses are addressing an understanding of the things of God revealed to us in the gospel, not new revelations proclaimed by a false teacher like yourself.

QUOTE]

That interpretation is yours and an assumption. Would you care for some wisdom?

Jimmy West

Sozo said:
Point # 2

Here Jimmy proves that he does not believe in salvation by grace through faith. He believes that you are saved by your ability to refrain from sin. He believes in salvation through human effort, not the blood of Jesus.

Hole # 2 Par 3

Sozo - A hole in one!!

Game over!

NO! You do not get salvation through human effort, but you keep it through human effort!

Jimmy West

Sozo said:

I see that you play golf! I will as easily continue to prove you a false teacher on this forum, as I would to humiliate you on the course.

Hole #1 Par 5

Sozo - 3 Eagle

Jimmy- 8 Triple Bogey

You are currently five strokes back! :chuckle:

You are prooving to me, by this idiocy, that you are just another carnal Christian, who thinks that his knowledge of scripture impresses God. Try acting like you have the true Christian spirit. You are attempting to roast me when you are in the roasting pan.

Sozo

Jimmy West said:
NO! You do not get salvation through human effort, but you keep it through human effort!

:rotfl:

Would someone else like to show Mr. West what a foolish thing he just said...

I'm laughing too hard :rotfl:

1.gif

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
Point # 2

Hole # 2 Par 3

Sozo - A hole in one!!

Game over!

OSAS teaching is not a condition of eternal life. Faith in the person and work of Christ is. A case can be made that faith must continue and that it is theoretically possible to apostasize (Heb. 6:4-6).

Having said that, this is a final, defiant, fatal renunciation of Christ and His work, not a struggle or lapse into sin. Clarify, Jimmy. Hyper-Arminianism (saved one minute and not the next) is not an Assembly of God teaching. I John 1:9 shows there is provision for a believer's sin. This is different than falling away or apostasizing completely to the death.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jimmy West said:

:hammer:

You just walked into his trap. I would distinguish faith that continues (root of salvation) from works that flow out of this (fruit of salvation) subsequent to salvation. We are to yield to the keeping power and grace of the Spirit after salvation, but this does not mean it is human effort or works (Jude 24, 25).

Sozo

Jimmy West said:
You do not get salvation through human effort, but you keep it through human effort!

:chuckle:

Okay, I've had a chance to settle down...

Jimmy, you have just reduced Jesus from being our Savior, to nothing more than a probation officer :Clete: .

Jimmy West

Sozo said:
:chuckle:

Okay, I've had a chance to settle down...

Jimmy, you have just reduced Jesus from being our Savior, to nothing more than a probation officer :Clete: .

If he was our Savior as you think he is, then all would be saved. The act of accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, in itself, is a WORK!

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Jimmy West said:

There is a story in the Bible about foolish Galatians... somewhere in the back. Might want to check it out. It's a good one!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Jimmy West said:
If he was our Savior as you think he is, then all would be saved. The act of accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, in itself, is a WORK!

John 6:29 the work of God is to have faith. Faith is contrasted with works. It is not a work. Faith is a volitional and intellectual response to truth and is a surrender and trusting in God. Faith is portrayed as a response of man to God (vs Calvinistic gift of God foisted on the elect only). We are not saved by works. Faith or unbelief is not a work or a thing. I would be more precise in your terminology lest you be misunderstood. John 3 also shows faith as a condition (a condition is not a work) of salvation, not works (hear that Mid-Acts dudes who think Jesus taught salvation by works vs faith?).

Status
Not open for further replies.