Raped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
OlDove said:
The rapist will have a lot of trouble paying child support from jail. That is if he is caught. Knight, please explain your need to insult me.
Are you suggesting that the decision to abort a baby caused through rape should be based on economics?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
OlDove said:
No, But YOU are punch happy. And not very Christ like in my opinion.
How am I punchhappy, and what makes me unlike Christ?

And how are you not a murderer? Didn't you say that you have taken that pill? And didn't Jesus say that unrighteous hatred is equal to murder? It seems to me that you hate unborn children, since you think it's okay for them to be murdered.

OlDove

firechyld said:
You don't seem to respect the choice of a woman to NOT use certain types of birth control.

It's entirely up to her.
I would take a plan B pill. I take it you would also? how am I not respecting your right to birth control?

firechyld

OlDove said:
I would take a plan B pill. I take it you would also? how am I not respecting your right to birth control?

Because part of the right to access that birth control is the right to choose not to access it. It's not freedom if someone is forcing it down your throat.

The term "birth control" doesn't just refer to things that stop a woman getting pregnant. It refers to the freedom of a woman to choose how and when she gets pregnant and whether or not she will carry a child.

Some women make that choice after the fact: They fall pregnant, without planning it, and choose to keep the baby. Or they have an unprotected exposure and choose not to take emergency contraception. That is their choice. Making that choice is that woman's control over her own fertility: It is her decision to make and no-one else's.

By implying that she has made the "wrong" choice, you are attempting to take that freedom from her. You think you know better than that woman what choice is right for her. That's exactly the same assumption made by those you are objecting to.

OlDove

firechyld said:
Because part of the right to access that birth control is the right to choose not to access it. It's not freedom if someone is forcing it down your throat.

The term "birth control" doesn't just refer to things that stop a woman getting pregnant. It refers to the freedom of a woman to choose how and when she gets pregnant and whether or not she will carry a child.

Some women make that choice after the fact: They fall pregnant, without planning it, and choose to keep the baby. Or they have an unprotected exposure and choose not to take emergency contraception. That is their choice. Making that choice is that woman's control over her own fertility: It is her decision to make and no-one else's.

By implying that she has made the "wrong" choice, you are attempting to take that freedom from her. You think you know better than that woman what choice is right for her. That's exactly the same assumption made by those you are objecting to.
Can you please show where I take away yours, or any womans right to do as she wishes? I was unaware I had said this."the "wrong" choice"

firechyld

OlDove said:
Can you please show where I take away yours, or any womans right to do as she wishes? I was unaware I had said this."the "wrong" choice"

Read back over this thread. You are lecturing and berating women because they say they would not take the morning after pill, or that they have moral objections to doing so. It's their call as to whether or not that is the right choice for them.

You've thus far left me alone, possibly because I said I would take the pill.

OlDove

firechyld said:
Read back over this thread. You are lecturing and berating women because they say they would not take the morning after pill, or that they have moral objections to doing so. It's their call as to whether or not that is the right choice for them.
If a woman gets raped, and wants to keep the child. that's fine by me.I appologies if I sounded like I did not support this right. It's kinda a touchy subject for me. Sorry to those I have spoken harshly at.

You've thus far left me alone, possibly because I said I would take the pill.
Given time, We can find many disagreements.I ain't leaving just yet. :cheers: please no :bang:

firechyld

OlDove said:
If a woman gets raped, and wants to keep the child. that's fine by me.I appologies if I sounded like I did not support this right. It's kinda a touchy subject for me. Sorry to those I have spoken harshly at.

I can kinda understand... rape is a topic I tend to be jumpy about as well. Good on you for the apology. Those can be rare around here. :)

Given time, We can find many disagreements.I ain't leaving just yet. :cheers: please no :bang:

Heh. I don't think i've ever met ANYONE on TOL that I entirely agreed with, so I think we've got a good chance of finding something. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.