Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

xMinionX

And who would make the determination as to how long one needs before one repents? Can you really say "He would never repent anyway"? Can you see the future?

And how would you determine who has repented? How do you know they really repented at all? And what if they're not even Christians? Would you still hold them to biblical law if they're not Christians?

And is homosexuality really such a threat to your way of life that you wish to kill those who refuse to change?

Just Tom

xMinionX said:
And who would make the determination as to how long one needs before one repents? Can you really say "He would never repent anyway"? Can you see the future?

And how would you determine who has repented? How do you know they really repented at all? And what if they're not even Christians? Would you still hold them to biblical law if they're not Christians?

And is homosexuality really such a threat to your way of life that you wish to kill those who refuse to change?

1) You would get as much time as there is before you are to be executed so that should be 24 hours...

2) Yes I can.. If you are faced with being executed and even then you will not admit that you have done wrong and need a savior then what will motivate you..? I don't need to see the future to know human nature..

3) If they repent is irrelevant! If you are convicted of engaging in or advocating homosexual behavior the penalty would be the same. If you repent then praise the Lord and his law has served its purpose. But even if you don't his law will serve its purpose by deterring others to commit homosexual acts. Thus helping those who are doing what is natural.

If they are Christians or not is irrelevant also since this is not a religious law. If you aren't a Christian does that mean that the government can't hold you to "do not bear false witness" or "do not steal"?

3) Yes it is! When homosexuals are allowed to have authority they suppress the rights of those who choose to do what is natural.. For when the unnatural becomes acceptable the natural has to be come unacceptable since they are mutually exclusive.

Evee

Lighthouse said:
I would want people to be honest with me. Tell me it's offensive to God. I would not want them to tolerate it.
Right agreed it is offensive.
The thing is many people sinning don't believe they are sinning.
Like you wanting to kill the homosexual that is murder in your heart.
So you are sinning.
Tell them it is offensive and pray, God wouldn't want you to take the matter in your own hands.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Just Tom said:
You would get as much time as there is before you are to be executed so that should be 24 hours...
That just shows what a weakling you are, Tom.

What's the matter, don't have the stomach for summary execution? After all, the accused has had a lifetime worth of opportunity to repent up to this point...

Army of One

Gerald said:
That just shows what a weakling you are, Tom.

What's the matter, don't have the stomach for summary execution? After all, the accused has had a lifetime worth of opportunity to repent up to this point...
:think: You're right. I don't think 24 hours is that big of a deal (and I wonder how a lot of Christians have arrived at that number), but why wait? When the judge drops the gavel, let the killin' commence.

la_mariposa

Just Tom said:
sometimes one must die that many can be saved... Oh that is what Jesus did isn't it...

How much time would they need to repent before they were executed? a day a week a year?

They can be forgiven the instant they repent..

But executing those who would never repent anyways would save many. And help those who might otherwise be suduced in to the lie that they are gay...

Jesus died at the hands of the accused to save them, if they choose to accept that, also in the case of Jesus his death was the ONLY optioin for saving humanity.
That is a whole lot different than killing a homosexual. They would not be dying at the hands of the accused, and in this situation the death of that individual caught in sin is not the only way to save people from getting caught up in homosexuality.
Please refrain from using Christ's death to defend this argument.
Christ died to forgive sins, even those of the homosexual, who are we to say that Christ's sacrifice was not enough and condem these people to death? That is not our role.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Army of One said:
:think: You're right. I don't think 24 hours is that big of a deal (and I wonder how a lot of Christians have arrived at that number), but why wait? When the judge drops the gavel, let the killin' commence.
Actually, summary execution at the hands of the law enforcer who catches you at the scene of the crime is the best of all possible worlds... :banana:

Army of One

Gerald said:
Actually, summary execution at the hands of the law enforcer who catches you at the scene of the crime is the best of all possible worlds... :banana:
Well, maybe I'm just a wuss, but I prefer that they be quickly tried first. Although if the arresting officer should have an "Accidental Discharge"....:D

Just Tom

la_mariposa said:
Jesus died at the hands of the accused to save them, if they choose to accept that, also in the case of Jesus his death was the ONLY optioin for saving humanity.
That is a whole lot different than killing a homosexual. They would not be dying at the hands of the accused, and in this situation the death of that individual caught in sin is not the only way to save people from getting caught up in homosexuality.
Please refrain from using Christ's death to defend this argument.
Christ died to forgive sins, even those of the homosexual, who are we to say that Christ's sacrifice was not enough and condem these people to death? That is not our role.

Jesus said just before his death that he came to testify to the TRUTH..

The truth is that homosexuality is unnatural and that homosexuals deserve death. homosexuality being a capital crime is the BEST way to keep others from getting caught up in it.

I am not saying it, GOD has said it, that homosexuals deserve death. OUR role is to stand up for GOD and his righteousness here on earth. Not to be a bystander saying "it is not our role, I don't want to pick up my cross and follow Christ". "I am just going to hide and be nice to those who break Gods commands cause it is not my role." WHAT GOOD IS SALT IF IT HAS LOST ITS SALTYNESS?

Wake up..!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Right, right, because homosexuality is contagious. Like the flu.

What a pack of fanatics, blackshirts, and wanna-be murderers. Charming.

You will be forced to go door to door, you will turn your citizenry into frightened informers, and you will be no better than humanistic tyrants.

Just Tom

Granite said:
Right, right, because homosexuality is contagious. Like the flu.

What a pack of fanatics, blackshirts, and wanna-be murderers. Charming.

You will be forced to go door to door, you will turn your citizenry into frightened informers, and you will be no better than humanistic tyrants.

Yes homosexuality is contagious...

You support and defend them thus you are one..You have been infected... :think:

la_mariposa

Just Tom said:
Jesus said just before his death that he came to testify to the TRUTH..

The truth is that homosexuality is unnatural and that homosexuals deserve death. homosexuality being a capital crime is the BEST way to keep others from getting caught up in it.

I am not saying it, GOD has said it, that homosexuals deserve death. OUR role is to stand up for GOD and his righteousness here on earth. Not to be a bystander saying "it is not our role, I don't want to pick up my cross and follow Christ". "I am just going to hide and be nice to those who break Gods commands cause it is not my role." WHAT GOOD IS SALT IF IT HAS LOST ITS SALTYNESS?

Wake up..!

Just because God has said that homosexuals deserve death, doesn't mean that we are the ones to administer that. Hasn't God also said that "the wages of sin is death" in other words all sin. Which would lead to we all deserve death. Who is going to administer the death of all humans? Who is in that position??

What does it mean for you to pick up your cross and follow Christ?? I would not define that as going around killing every person who sins...

Look at Jesus' example, he was friends with sinners, not just in the sense of all men are sinners, but rather he was friends with those who had commited the "worst" sins (emphasis added because no sin is worse than another in God's eyes) ie. the tax collecters, prostitutes etc. he wasn't killing them he was reaaching out to them (not with a sword, but with love) that is what it means to me to pick up my cross and follow Christ.

Just Tom

la_mariposa said:
Just because God has said that homosexuals deserve death, doesn't mean that we are the ones to administer that. Hasn't God also said that "the wages of sin is death" in other words all sin. Which would lead to we all deserve death. Who is going to administer the death of all humans? Who is in that position??

What does it mean for you to pick up your cross and follow Christ?? I would not define that as going around killing every person who sins...

Look at Jesus' example, he was friends with sinners, not just in the sense of all men are sinners, but rather he was friends with those who had commited the "worst" sins (emphasis added because no sin is worse than another in God's eyes) ie. the tax collecters, prostitutes etc. he wasn't killing them he was reaaching out to them (not with a sword, but with love) that is what it means to me to pick up my cross and follow Christ.

So who is suppose to administer it?

IF man sheds the blood of man then by man his blood surly shall be shed. Remember that? DUH of course we are..

You over exaggerate to defend an un-defenceable position typical of a liberal. Only those who commit capital crimes would be executed. Murder, kidnapping, adultery, homosexuality. Those sins that are also crimes..

Jesus didn't hang out with UNREPENTANT HOMOS OR PROSTITUTES your argument is foolish.

Your love causes thousands more than the one you think you might save to go to hell than would if you would just accept the truth that homosexual behavior is a capital crime and support that biblical position instead of undermining the gospel with your nicer than God theology..

la_mariposa

Just Tom said:
So who is suppose to administer it?

IF man sheds the blood of man then by man his blood surly shall be shed. Remember that? DUH of course we are....

Not sure what you are talking about here. God is the only one that can judge and he will judge on judgement day. You also failed to respond to Romans 6:20-23

"When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death! But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Sinful acts do result in death but God desires homosexuals from the death rather than smite them. "Slaves to sin" that would imply no being in a state of repentance.... but God choose to give them a chance: "now that you have been set free from sin" how else were they set free than by repentance and forgiveness through Christ's sacrifice, not by humans passing judgement against them and killing them.

Just Tom said:
You over exaggerate to defend an un-defenceable position typical of a liberal. Only those who commit capital crimes would be executed. Murder, kidnapping, adultery, homosexuality. Those sins that are also crimes..

Jesus didn't hang out with UNREPENTANT HOMOS OR PROSTITUTES your argument is foolish.

Your love causes thousands more than the one you think you might save to go to hell than would if you would just accept the truth that homosexual behavior is a capital crime and support that biblical position instead of undermining the gospel with your nicer than God theology..

What about"
John 3:17 "Jesus did not come into the world to condem the world but to save the world through him."
1 Timothy 2:1-6 "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time."

God does not want to see homosexuals dies, but rather be brought to him through Christ's death. Also to note "there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men" including homosexuals, and Jesus Christs is that one mediator, not us.

Also to keep in mind: I am not interesting in arguing you for the sake of argument, if you want to have a mature discussion by all means I will be engaged. But I am not interested in tearing others down or being involved in such an action simply to prove that one is better than another.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Just Tom said:
So, in the Godly country you envision, what incentive do you offer me to be an informant? How much is it worth to you that I should spend my time and effort spying on and ratting out my neighbors?

You realize, Just Tom, that that is the only way to catch such quarry, right?

I suppose that failure to mind one's neighbors' business means that one supports whatever malfeasense those neighbors might be involved in?

How proactive is one expected to be?

la_mariposa

in response to my "nicer than god theology"

1 John 4:7-12 "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. "

And in 1 Chorinthians 13 love is well defined:
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

It is not a "nicer than God theology" it is God, for God is love, not hate.

Evee

Just Tom said:
Yes homosexuality is contagious...

You have got to be kidding!!!
You people afraid you may catch this contagious disease...
I understand why now you are so homophobic. :kookoo: