User Tag List

Page 86 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3676838485868788 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1309

Thread: Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Was Judas the traitor present when the Lord shared with the disciples the institution of the Lord's Supper ? The answer is no, by that time he [judas] had left to go make arrangements to be tray his Master Many think because of Lk 22:21

21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

The key here is the word's "on the table", the passover table is meant !

This coincides with Matt 26:21

21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

However this does not mean that judas was with them when the Lord's Supper commenced after the Passover !

This begins with them all celebrating the passover meal, a Jewish holiday, and it was a meal that judas, being a physical descendant of the Abraham, and his ancestors that took part of the original passover in Exodus 12, of which many of whom were not even believers, for most of them perished in the wilderness , as it is written Heb 3:7-12;4:1-6

Now we know that this [the passover meal or table] is that which judas shared in by comments Matt 26:23

23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.

Passover dish !

Jn 13:26

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

The custom of the passover meal was to take a piece of meat or bread and dip it into a common bowl of sauce on the Table !

Again this was a already existing custom for the historical passover meal celebration, which judas had a right to as a physical jew ! But the commencement of the Lords supper had not yet began !

Now the record shows that after judas took the sop, he said " is it i rabbi ? Jesus replied, thou hast said ! Matt 26:25

25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

Now at this very same point in time in John's account it reads Jn 13:26-27,30

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

And vs 30 confirms that judas departed immediately after the sop Vs 30

30 He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

This time coincides with Matt 26:25

25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

And it was afterwards, after the sop of passover, and he left into the night, that the Lords Supper began Vs 26

26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

30 And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

However at this point judas had left into the night !

TY Brother, perfectly explained !

And Looking so forward to Our Lord's Precious Promise of that Glorious Day in Mat. 26:29 !
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (July 16th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,122 Times in 3,021 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    TY Brother, perfectly explained !

And Looking so forward to Our Lord's Precious Promise of that Glorious Day in Mat. 26:29 !
    I'm so glad you brought this up so refreshing.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad you brought this up so refreshing.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yes, it surely is !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (July 16th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eternal Life given [not offered or made available] but given to the "as many as" here in Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

This Eternal Life was also promised to them through Him before the World Began Titus 1:2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

No one is given this Eternal Life save those God promised it to before the world began in Christ. It was not promised to be made available, or to be offered, those are false teachings of men !

The promise of Eternal Life is based upon Christ's Surety engagements He was to perform in their behalf in due time, so He was given as a Covenant of the People [He was to save] Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; Gentiles who were also benefactors of the Covenant He was made to be.

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

That this is True [The Covenant Engagement] it is derived from the fact that from the beginning He was that Eternal Life that would later be manifested to the benefactors 1 Jn 1:1-2

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

Notice that the Eternal Life was with the Father, Because it was Christ the Word. Remember John said in His Gospel this Jn 1:1-4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

That Life in Him would be that Eternal Life of 1 Jn 1:2

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

And in the Beginning it was promised to them whom He represented in the Covenant Engagement 1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

The Promise was foundationed by their Covenant Union in the Son by Election in Him 1 Jn 5:11

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him[The Son] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Thats who the as many as are of Jn 17:2, those here Chosen in Him the Son before the foundation of the World.

Again, the teaching now a days that Eternal Life is offered to everyone without exception and all they have to do is accept it, that teaching is false, it has no support from the Word of God !

Eternal Life given has always been based upon a Promise of God to give it to a certain People !
    Amen and Amen to Parts 1 and 2 !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen and Amen to Parts 1 and 2 !
    Bless God for you Sister!

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bless God for you Sister!
    TY and So Grateful to God for you Brother!

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does the bible use the word World so much when referencing Salvation topics, like Saviour of the World Jn 4:42

And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world. or

1 Jn 4:14

And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1 Jn 2:2

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Now understand, The Primary reason for that is to specify, to make clear that those whom Christ died for as their Saviour, and did satisfy God' Law and Justice for, though confined to one specific seed of Abraham Heb 2:16-17, yet not confined to any one specific nation, for Abraham's Seed to be Saved was found to be people out of all nations of the Earth as Per Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Meaning the Blessing is World Wide,The whole Earth !

Also Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

It means God's Elect, Chosen People were not to be found just among ethnic jews, but men and women of all ethnic groups. Thats why the word World is so often used in these matters.
    Amen, and TY for this excellent clarification of the word World in the scriptures when related to topics regarding Salvation, which simply means the World of God's Elect, His Chosen People Eph. 1:4 from all the families of the earth Gen. 12:3.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,917 Times in 2,854 Posts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Amen, and TY for this excellent clarification of the word World in the scriptures when related to topics regarding Salvation, which simply means the World of God's Elect, His Chosen People Eph. 1:4 from all the families of the earth Gen. 12:3.
    You take the word out of its context. It means the whole world, not just that which pertains to God's elect.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (July 28th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice also the promise of Rev 21:7 to the overcomers and Heirs of all things :7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

" I will be his God, and he shall be my son." Where have we seen this type promise promise before ?

Why that's New Covenant language Heb 8:6-12

Look at Vs 10 ? And if He is Our God, He is Our Father through the Lord Jesus Christ Jn 20:17

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And this New Covenant is founded upon and in Christ's Blood Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Now remember who He is shedding His Blood for Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Yes, the Church Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Thats who the Blood of the New Covenant is shed for, and So His Death is the cause of their overcoming as Per Rev 21:7

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Exactly Brother !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (July 26th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Righteousness is a Gift received by all whom Christ died for. Now understand this, that this Gift of Righteousness is theirs for them doing nothing, but for sinning. Yes, thats what qualified them to receive this Gift of Righteousness, their disobedience, for this is what is meant by , blessed are those whom God imputed Righteousness without works Rom 4:6

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, or without them doing anything !

Thats what a Gift is here Rom 5:17.

All, everyone without exception that Christ tasted Death for Heb 2:9

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Now by that Grace of God, those He tasted Death for shall be made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

In other words, the Obedience of Christ here in Rom 5:19 is synonymous with the Death tasted in Heb 2:9 !

Phil 2:8 its the obedience unto death !

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Yes, now that death, and the death of Heb 2:9 and the obedience of Rom 5:19 all are the same, so the results are the same as that of Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

So you see, those He died for Heb 2:9 did nothing, no obedience of their own, to receive the Gift of Righteusness Imputed to their Account before God's Law and Justice.

This truth is driven home by Paul's teaching in Rom 5:19. Take notice, as by One man's disobedience, that man being Adam, many were made sinners ! Now notice, those being made sinners did not act in and of themselves. The word made here Paul uses means to constitute and implies legal imputation, and it was in this way first that the many were made sinners; and so likewise with the One Man's obedience, who is Christ and His Death Phil 2:8 the Many shall be constituted by legal imputation Righteous. The First legal imputation because of what adam did, was the wages of sin, but the second legal imputation because of what Christ did, was the Gift of God Rom 6:23 through what Christ did. Just as in adam the constituting was done without any act done by themselves, and so it is with God's Imputation with of Righteousness without any of our doings,,acts or Works Rom 4:6 !

I am preaching the Gospel of God's Grace !
    Amen Brother, and very Effectively so by His Grace Given You !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen Brother, and very Effectively so by His Grace Given You !
    Thank God my Dear Sister.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=qOkImV2cJDg

Psalm 84:9-12 The Message (MSG)
    8-9 God-of-the-Angel-Armies, listen:
    O God of Jacob, open your ears—I’m praying!
    Look at our shields, glistening in the sun,
    our faces, shining with your gracious anointing.

10-12 One day spent in your house, this beautiful place of worship,
    beats thousands spent on Greek island beaches.
    I’d rather scrub floors in the house of my God
    than be honored as a guest in the palace of sin.
    All sunshine and sovereign is God,
    generous in gifts and glory.
    He doesn’t scrimp with his traveling companions.
    It’s smooth sailing all the way with God-of-the-Angel-Armies.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

WonderfulLordJesus (July 29th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank God my Dear Sister.

Thanking God indeed my Dear Brother !

For after being Born of the Spirit many years ago, He Blessed me with Hearing Ears Prov. 20:12 and caused me by His Grace to find you Preaching the Gospel on the forums Rom. 10:15, and Teaching in your Spiritually Instructive threads how to compare scripture with scripture as Taught by the Spirit of God 1 Cor. 2:13 for coming to His Truth !

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Thanks again my dear brother" ad nauseam

"Bless you my sister" ad nauseam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUdA2qBUDKM
    Last edited by FineLinen; July 29th, 2019 at 07:07 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FineLinen For Your Post:

WonderfulLordJesus (July 29th, 2019)

Thread Information