“We might be living in a very different world for a year or more.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

eider

ideally, we would finesse any lockdown to achieve an infection rate that is manageable with the resources we have available. That might mean limited lockdowns in particularly hard hit areas - NYC, for example. No reason to think it would be necessary or effective in the area of NYS that I live in, with some of the lowest population densities in the state.

I'm not discussing politics

Finesse?
If people can move around in close proximity then you're in trouble.
I'll bet that folks in remote areas travel, and they end up to congregate in stores, churches, etc etc..........

If you are talking about economies then you're talking politics. And World economies are taking the kicking of their flippin' lives right now and in to the future. Our PM reckons that this situation and especially these social limitations have never been seen since WWII. Oh! Look at that..... Japan and Germany, eh? !!

By the way. Greta Thurnberg's God (whoever that is) might be routing for her. Satellites viewing the World show the cleanest atmosphere that they have ever seen since being up there in space. Her wishes are being met with, even at such a high price.

eider

Well, let's hope these measures do just that and slow the spread so it's not overburdened and reduces deaths.

I already do! :D

My wife has just heard that she only has to go to work on mondays and tuesdays until further notice, in a semi-lockdown system whereby clients cannot enter the buildings. If things get any worse then she will come home full time. All her colleagues are frightened because, despite promises of fiscal support, they have rents, mortgages, loans, credit cards etc hanging over them. So many households are in high loan situations.

We, at least, are lucky with finances.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Question: Are you a Christian?

Now you want to attack my faith?

Look Tiny, ever since I have been here you have posted ignorance and lies, and stuck your snotty drooling nose into my country's business. You have attacked my President with your immature petulant stupidities, and we still don't know what Dung-hole country YOU are from.

There is an old saying: Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

You want to attack my faith? You go right ahead. Give it your best shot you toad.

Let me quote Jesus when he ran into hypocrites like you:

(Matthew 23)
But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
You blind fools!
How blind you are!
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel!
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup, so that the outside also may become clean.
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which on the outside look beautiful, but inside they are full of the bones of the dead and of all kinds of filth.
So you also on the outside look righteous to others, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
You snakes, you brood of vipers! How can you escape being sentenced to hell?

He let snotty jerks have it. Now, go ahead, tell me what is wrong with my faith.

You're just pure class.

Nice hat.

Arthur Brain

My wife has just heard that she only has to go to work on mondays and tuesdays until further notice, in a semi-lockdown system whereby clients cannot enter the buildings. If things get any worse then she will come home full time. All her colleagues are frightened because, despite promises of fiscal support, they have rents, mortgages, loans, credit cards etc hanging over them. So many households are in high loan situations.

We, at least, are lucky with finances.

From what I've ascertained there are restrictions in place where nobody can be evicted with shortfalls in rent etc while the crisis is going on or have proceedings taken against them. The council have suspended action over tax arrears and debt collection the same. In this time it's some safeguards if correct although that doesn't help people who rely on wages for the essentials while measures for support are still waiting to reach them. It's not pleasant all round.

Arthur Brain

Now you want to attack my faith?

Look Tiny, ever since I have been here you have posted ignorance and lies, and stuck your snotty drooling nose into my country's business. You have attacked my President with your immature petulant stupidities, and we still don't know what Dung-hole country YOU are from.

There is an old saying: Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

You want to attack my faith? You go right ahead. Give it your best shot you toad.

Let me quote Jesus when he ran into hypocrites like you:

(Matthew 23)
But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
You blind fools!
How blind you are!
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel!
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup, so that the outside also may become clean.
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which on the outside look beautiful, but inside they are full of the bones of the dead and of all kinds of filth.
So you also on the outside look righteous to others, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
You snakes, you brood of vipers! How can you escape being sentenced to hell?

He let snotty jerks have it. Now, go ahead, tell me what is wrong with my faith.

Nice hat.

You're the one being a "snotty jerk" here and then some. Your president is not beyond criticism no matter how much you think he's the greatest thing since...ever.

Your penchant for personal jibes and now digs at family are pathetic. Grow up.

Arthur Brain

"The Council".

What is this, Star Trek? I just went about my business today.

Yes TG, the council. In the UK we have local councils who set tax rates according to government regulations etc. So, no, not star trek and good for you. So did I. I'll still be able to go about some of it tomorrow although a lot more limited.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Yes TG, the council. In the UK we have local councils who set tax rates according to government regulations etc. So, no, not star trek and good for you. So did I. I'll still be able to go about some of it tomorrow although a lot more limited.

So eider is from the UK? Hah!

Status
Not open for further replies.