WE HAVE ATONEMENT

DougE

Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

God has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:18), we have received the atonement, it is a present possession.

Through faith, God has justified those who believe (Romans 3:30), we have no part in our justification, but to believe (Romans 3:22).

God's Truth

Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

God has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:18), we have received the atonement, it is a present possession.

Through faith, God has justified those who believe (Romans 3:30), we have no part in our justification, but to believe (Romans 3:22).

We have to believe that we have to now believe and OBEY the man Jesus, when before it was only God the Father.

Believe, believe, just believe, only believe, nothing but believe.

Believe what?

We have to believe that this man Jesus is the one to obey.

Right Divider

Body part
We have to believe that we have to now believe and OBEY the man Jesus, when before it was only God the Father.

Believe, believe, just believe, only believe, nothing but believe.

Believe what?

We have to believe that this man Jesus is the one to obey.

You cannot obey enough to get yourself saved. You do NOT understand the gospel of the grace of God.

Saved BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH... and that NOT OF YOURSELVES, it is a GIFT OF GOD. Eph 2:8

God's Truth

You cannot obey enough to get yourself saved. You do NOT understand the gospel of the grace of God.

Jesus tells us what to do to get saved. You don't trust him?

The gospel of grace isn't, "Grace is you no longer have to obey God".
Saved BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH...

Saved by grace through faith THAT YOU ARE PURIFIED BY JUST HAVING FAITH that Jesus purifies you and not you doing the purifying works anymore.

Instead of being sorry for your sins and doing an external wash and bringing an animal to be sacrificed by a priest...you now only have to repent to God THROUGH Jesus and believe he washes you.

and that NOT OF YOURSELVES, it is a GIFT OF GOD. Eph 2:8

Not of yourselves like it used to be when you had to get circumcised and bring animal sacrifices, and do the other purification works.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus tells us what to do to get saved. You don't trust him?
For the BODY OF CHRIST, Jesus speaks through His apostle Paul. Why won't you listen to Jesus through Paul? You don't trust Him?

The gospel of grace isn't, "Grace is you no longer have to obey God".
God's salvation by grace through faith is a GIFT OF GOD. You believe that God will "reward" you with salvation because you think yourself "obedient enough".

Saved by grace through faith THAT YOU ARE PURIFIED BY JUST HAVING FAITH that Jesus purifies you and not you doing the purifying works anymore.
There was NEVER a "purifying work" that justified a sinner before God.

Jesus... through PAUL... tells you that salvation is by grace through faith is NOT OF YOURSELVES... why can't you understand that.

It's because you are self-righteous and cannot let salvation be THE GIFT OF GOD.

Instead of being sorry for your sins and doing an external wash and bringing an animal to be sacrificed by a priest...you now only have to repent to God THROUGH Jesus and believe he washes you.
Jesus DIED for ALL OF MY SINS. God is satisfied with that.

Not of yourselves like it used to be when you had to get circumcised and bring animal sacrifices, and do the other purification works.
NOPE... a GIFT is free to the receiver... the sender PAYS THE FULL PRICE.

oatmeal

Yes, indeed, we do have the atonement.

How long does it last? Romans 6:23 eternally!

God's Truth

Jesus speaks through His apostle Paul.

Jesus speaks through Paul and it is the same thing Jesus taught the other apostles and said the Holy Spirit would remind them.

Jesus isn't going to give two different and opposing doctrines.

Jesus came to unite and make one, not divide.

Why won't you listen to Jesus through Paul? You don't trust Him?
Of course, I trust Paul, read what he said he teaches everyone:

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

God's salvation by grace through faith is a GIFT OF GOD. You believe that God will "reward" you with salvation because you think yourself "obedient enough".

Jesus says he gives the gift to those who prepare their hearts for him to live there.

God's Truth

There was NEVER a "purifying work" that justified a sinner before God.

Of course there was. What do you thing the purification works of the law are?

Purification/Ceremonial works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Right Divider

Body part

God's Truth

It's because you are self-righteous and cannot let salvation be THE GIFT OF GOD.
It is a sin to say it is wrong to obey Jesus.
In fact, God gives a dismal outcome to those who say that.

Jesus DIED for ALL OF MY SINS. God is satisfied with that.
Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, and you don’t enter that grace until you have faith that Jesus’ blood washes away the sins you repent of doing. You can’t possibly think that those who keep living a sinful life as always is safe do you?

NOPE... a GIFT is free to the receiver... the sender PAYS THE FULL PRICE.
The gift is that you get cleaned and reconciled to God by Jesus, after you do what he says.

Try it for it is beautiful and powerful it is life and it is SPIRIT.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus speaks through Paul and it is the same thing Jesus taught the other apostles and said the Holy Spirit would remind them.
No, He revealed NEW things to Paul.

Jesus isn't going to give two different and opposing doctrines.
There is nothing opposing about God's two plans.

Jesus came to unite and make one, not divide.
Jesus came to fulfill prophecy for His people. He ALSO came to die for the whole world.

Of course, I trust Paul, read what he said he teaches everyone:

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.
When Christ establishes Him kingdom, Israel will again be God's favored nation and the gentiles will serve Israel. BOTH Israel and the gentiles will be blessed.

Jesus says he gives the gift to those who prepare their hearts for him to live there.
CONTEXT, CONTEXT .... CONTEXT.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Of course there was. What do you thing the purification works of the law are?

Purification/Ceremonial works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

You answered your own question.

The purification works were ceremonial, and had no actual moral value. They didn't do anything other than effectively set Israel apart as a nation.
​​​​​​
Why do you reject what Scripture says, you heretic?

For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins.But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year.For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins. - Hebrews 10:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews10:1-4&version=NKJV

God's Truth

No, He did not. Christ did NOT reveal the body of Christ until He revealed it to and through the apostle Paul.

So many times Jesus taught that you have to be in him.

Put Jesus in you and he will put you in him.

.Jesus’ body is the bread, the bread from heaven, John 6:33.

If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever, John 6:51.

This bread is Jesus’ flesh, which he will give for the life of the world, John 6:53.

Unless we eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, we have no life in us. Jesus tells us the truth, if anyone obeys his word, he will never see death, John 8:51.

John 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever.”

John 6:27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.” The seal of approval is the Holy Spirit.

John 6:56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

John 17:23 I in them and you in me—

John 17:26I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

God's Truth

No, He revealed NEW things to Paul.

No way; Jesus taught Paul the same things as the other other apostles, and Paul was just unnaturally born, meaning he became an apostle after Jesus ascended instead of naturally as the others did when Jesus walked the earth.

1 Corinthians 15":8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

There is nothing opposing about God's two plans.
You make two different gospels and they are opposing.

Jesus makes the two different types of men one. Jesus destroys the dividing wall. The dividing wall was about the circumcised on one side of the wall and the uncircumcised on the other.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Jesus came to fulfill prophecy for His people. He ALSO came to die for the whole world.

Jesus came to fulfill the prophecy that is for everyone.

Many of the Jews, his people, did not recognize him---BUT AS MANY AS THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN HIM, they can be his people.

John 1 9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

When Christ establishes Him kingdom, Israel will again be God's favored nation and the gentiles will serve Israel. BOTH Israel and the gentiles will be blessed.

Bahahahahahaaa

God's Truth

You answered your own question.

The purification works were ceremonial, and had no actual moral value. They didn't do anything other than effectively set Israel apart as a nation.

God said they would be His people if they do it. God said they had to do it and atone for their souls.

It made the people externally clean.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings--external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

We no longer have to do those things to belong to God because Jesus cleans us now.

​​​​​​
Why do you reject what Scripture says, you heretic?

For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins.But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year.For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins. - Hebrews 10:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews10:1-4&version=NKJV

The purification works were a shadow of Jesus. Those are the works that no long do anything.