Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

drbrumley

BillyBob said:
Yes, but you don't expect that happening in a free nation such as the US, do you? Killing gays would be something I'd expect from a theocratic Islamic nation, not a Constitutional Republic.
Thank God heaven will NOT be a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC

drbrumley

As someone I respect once said

Homosexuals are disgusting and perverted. They are against nature (Rom. 1:26-27). They will not stop until they have totally destroyed themselves, our nation, our churches and our children. We must stand against them and stop them or many of our children will pay an eternal price for our failure.

drbrumley

Interesting fact for your liesure LMOHM:

Not one Boy Scout has ever been heterosexually molested by a scout leader! Homos make up only 3% of the U.S. (although their numbers are growing quickly) yet they have assaulted half of the sexually molested children. One-third of these hurt kids are boys, and the vast majority of those are molested by men (Psychological Reports, 1986, vol. 58, pp. 327-337).

Homo activists admit that these boys are almost all molested by men. But they absurdly maintain that a man who penetrates a boy is not necessarily committing an act of homosexual molestation. They should read a dictionary. Further, many of the girls molested are hurt by known bisexuals.

shilohproject

Army of One said:
I think this demonstrates your ignorance of not only Biblical history, but history in general. It wasn't very long ago that there was a general consensus that homosexuality should be a capital offense.
...and that women should not have a vote, and that blacks should be slaves, and that a man should be able to rape his wife, and that the poor should be tied to the land, and that non-Christians (or even those Christians of a differant denomination) should be exterminated... Historical considerations don't always mean a whole lot!

...and where did the "pyromaniacs" part come from anyway?
I'm only guessing, but could it have to do with burning at the stake? :think:

truthteller86

shilohproject said:
...and that women should not have a vote, and that blacks should be slaves, and that a man should be able to rape his wife, and that the poor should be tied to the land, and that non-Christians (or even those Christians of a differant denomination) should be exterminated... Historical considerations don't always mean a whole lot!

Can I get those verses shiloh? I really need to revisit my Bible history, I guess? :think: ...or was it the bad laws of men that account for your allegations?

Army of One

shilohproject said:
No kidding! I was clearly not arguing that just because a practice has been in existence in the past, that it must be moral. I was simply pointing out that LMOHM should not pretend that it is a new idea.

shilohproject said:
That was my initial guess as well, but "burning at the stake" is not something that is normally associated with Islam, but rather with Christian witchhunts, which is why I asked for clarification.

shilohproject

truthteller86 said:
Can I get those verses shiloh? I really need to revisit my Bible history, I guess? :think: ...or was it the bad laws of men that account for your allegations?
I make no "allegations." It is simply to point out that "not too long ago the general consesus" was that these, and other ideas like them, were perfectly fine. And, we must be honest here, very often scripture was used to justify the position.(I'm sure I could dig up the often abused verses for you, but I imagine you know already, Wise Guy! :p )

shilohproject

Army of One said:
No kidding! I was clearly not arguing that just because a practice has been in existence in the past, that it must be moral. I was simply pointing out that LMOHM should not pretend that it is a new idea.
Fair enough.:cool:

That was my initial guess as well, but "burning at the stake" is not something that is normally associated with Islam, but rather with Christian witchhunts, which is why I asked for clarification.
Okay, I'll guess again...maybe incindiary suicide bombs? :think:

truthteller86

shilohproject said:

I make no "allegations." It is simply to point out that "not too long ago the general consesus" was that these, and other ideas like them, were perfectly fine. And, we must be honest here, very often scripture was used to justify the position.(I'm sure I could dig up the often abused verses for you, but I imagine you know already, Wise Guy! :p )
shiloh, are we in agreement then, that using the Bible to justify wicked deeds against fellow man is wrong? And the false or SEVERELY misguided christians that practiced such evils that you previously listed (past and present) can never be justified? I think, again, we end up on the same page, but it sure takes a long time to get there. :luigi:

shilohproject

truthteller86 said:
shiloh, are we in agreement then, that using the Bible to justify wicked deeds against fellow man is wrong? And the false or SEVERELY misguided christians that practiced such evils that you previously listed (past and present) can never be justified? I think, again, we end up on the same page, but it sure takes a long time to get there. :luigi:
Agreed!:cool:

Mr. 5020

koban said:
If you click on "view poll results", you'll see that he's already voted.
Here are the poll results, thus far. It tells you the how many votes, the precentages, and who voted.

Yes (24 votes; 41.38%)
Army of One, Christine, Clete, CRASH, Crow, DocHoliday, drbrumley, Dread Helm, dRock, Frank Ernest, GuySmiley, Imrahil, Jefferson, Mr. 5020, philosophizer, Poly, RightIdea, Shimei, Sozo, truthteller86, Turbo, Vaquero45, Wamba the Fool, Yorzhik

No (34 votes; 58.62%)
Agape4Robin, allsmiles, asilentskeptic, avatar382, beanieboy, BillyBob, Caledvwlch, death2impiety, deathwish, fool, Gaviidae, Granite, Greywolf, HerodionRomulus, HisLight, Inquisitor, inteltheology, Johnny, kmoney, Lovejoy, lovemeorhateme, Mr Jack, On Fire, Pepper, reverend, Rydo, shilohproject, skeptech, Skeptic, Surr, SUTG, The Berean, wickwoman, Zakath