Don Cherry fired

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
he fell victim to the retardedness of political correctness

are you a canuck? I've been catching this story all day on the CBC radio.

way 2 go

they have been looking for a reason to get rid of cherry for awhile
firing him on veterans day for speaking up for veterans , good job sportsnet

ok doser

we've probably done this before, but I live a few miles from the only border crossing between Queenston and Prescott - listen to the CBC solely this time of year. I get a chuckle out of the traffic reports out of Ottawa in the afternoon - rush hour around here is three people at a four way stop, waiting for someone else to go first

ok doser

Cherry's words:

Cherry, a long-time booster of the Canadian military, spoke the words that ended his career on Hockey Night in Canada Saturday as part of a winding lament about poppies and Remembrance Day.

“You know, I was talking to a veteran. I said ‘I’m not going to run the poppy thing anymore because what’s the sense? I live in Mississauga, nobody wears — very few people wear a poppy. Downtown Toronto, forget it! Downtown Toronto, nobody wears a poppy.’” he said during Saturday’s broadcast.

That was fine enough, typical Cherry. But what came next changed it all.

“You people love — that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey,” Cherry said. “At least you could pay a couple of bucks for a poppy. These guys paid for your way of life, the life you enjoy in Canada. These guys paid the biggest price.”

https://nationalpost.com/news/coachs-corner-don-cherry-fired

ok doser

“You people love — that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey. At least you could pay a couple of bucks for a poppy. These guys paid for your way of life, the life you enjoy in Canada. These guys paid the biggest price.”

Obviously racist - just look at those offensive words - dog whistle!

ok doser

He said late Monday he would not be apologizing.

Cherry denied he was singling out visible minorities.

“I did not say minorities, I did not say immigrants. If you watch ‘Coach’s Corner,’ I did not say that. I said ‘everybody.’ And I said ‘you people,’ ” Cherry said.

“Irish, Scotch, anybody that’s newcomers to Canada, and they should wear a poppy to honor our dead from the past, whether they’re Scotch or Irish or English, or where they come from.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/hocke...out-immigrants

ok doser

"I live in Mississauga, nobody wears — very few people wear a poppy. Downtown Toronto, forget it! Downtown Toronto, nobody wears a poppy."

Toronto Demographics
The most common ancestry groups were: English (12.9%), Chinese (12.0%), Canadian (11.3%), Irish (9.7%), Scottish (9.5%), East Indian (7.6%), Italian (6.9%), Filipino (5.5%), German (4.6%), French (4.5%), and Polish (3.8%).

According to the 2011 census, more than half of Mississauga's population is non-white. Although white remains the most dominant ethnic group (45.8 per cent), the next largest ethnic groups are South Asian (21.8 per cent), Chinese (7.1 per cent), African American (6.3 per cent), and Filipino (5.6 per cent).

ok doser

Looks like Cherry's right and those race-baiting retards who heard a "dog whistle" are, as always, wrong

way 2 go

“You people love — that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey. At least you could pay a couple of bucks for a poppy. These guys paid for your way of life, the life you enjoy in Canada. These guys paid the biggest price.”

Obviously racist - just look at those offensive words - dog whistle!

and Ron McLean gave him a thumbs up at the end because it was not racist .

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
political correctness everywhere is phasing out dissent

Trump's political correctness seems to be aimed at eliminating dissent. But it's not working as well as he hoped. He was thinking he could change the libel laws to be more like Russia's:

Donald Trump has been talking about changing libel laws since before he was elected president.

"I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," Trump said at a February rally in Fort Worth, Texas. "We're going to open up those libel laws."

Trump returned to this theme following the release of excerpts from Fear: Trump in the White House, a new book by veteran journalist Bob Woodward that paints Trump and his White House in a negative light.

"Isn’t it a shame that someone can write an article or book, totally make up stories and form a picture of a person that is literally the exact opposite of the fact, and get away with it without retribution or cost," Trump
tweeted on Sept. 5 "Don’t know why Washington politicians don’t change libel laws?"
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...onald-trump-inaccurately-describes-libel-law/

In places like Russia, China, Venezuela, and Singapore, the government can sue journalist and news outlets, effectively killing dissent. That's Trump's vision for America.

way 2 go

In places like Russia, China, Venezuela, and Singapore, the government can sue journalist and news outlets, effectively killing dissent. That's Trump's vision for America.
a leftist President would also love the ability to sue media dissent but ...

in the leftist media there is no dissent , if there is , the offender will be fired from the leftist media and \ or ostracized .

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Labatt's Breweries is a major sponsor of NHL hockey and an important part of its marketing strategy is to attract the younger demographic - the same group who just happens to be the most offended by the rant of an 85 year old targeting immigrants!

Cherry is employed by SportsNet, who are already committed to spending $5.5 billion on the contract rights to televise NHL hockey - as younger viewers became an increased % of the viewing audience, his appeal to Labatt's target audience has decreased!

Rather than risk a potential financial crisis should large corporate sponsors like Labatts decide to take their advertising dollars elsewhere, SportsNet decided to weather the short term "backlash" for terminating Cherry and remain financially solvent!