Is It True That Regeneration Precedes Faith?

beloved57

Why don't you address my post that declares that when a person believes he is passed from spiritual death to spiritual life? According to Calvinism a person is spiritually alive before he believes.

No scripture says that when a person believes they are passed from death to life. Believing is a evidence that one has already passed from death to life. Believing is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5 22

beloved57

J's
According to your ideas a person is made alive by the Spirit before he believers

Yes before a person can believe they must have been made spiritually alive first. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

Jerry Shugart

J's

Yes before a person can believe they must have been made spiritually alive first. Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

You are a broken record and you are unable to understand the most simple things revealed in the Scriptures.

That is because you put the teachings of the Calvinists above what the Scriptures actually say.

No scripture says that when a person believes they are passed from death to life.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24).​

When a person believes he has everlasting life and he is passed from death unto that everlasting life.

beloved57

You are a broken record and you are unable to understand the most simple things revealed in the Scriptures.

That is because you put the teachings of the Calvinists above what the Scriptures actually say.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24).​

When a person believes he has everlasting life and he is passed from death unto that everlasting life.

A person cannot hear God's words unless they are born of God. Like I already stated hearing and believing are evidences that one has already been passed from death to life.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Men reject the Gospel simply because they don't believe it. It's not offered to them, it's preached to them. Also men may hear spiritual truth with a natural ear but lack a spiritual ears for spiritual hearing.

Not that you will bother to try to answer this inconvenient question, but what (if anything) would you say is the difference between preaching a message and offering the same?

Of course, contrary to what you have written in your error, to preach the gospel to someone--anyone--is one and the same thing as to offer the gospel to them.

You write, "Men reject the Gospel simply because they don't believe it". Is this what you are trying to say: "Men [don't believe] the Gospel simply because they don't believe it"?

beloved57

7d

Not that you will bother to try to answer this inconvenient question, but what (if anything) would you say is the difference between preaching a message and offering the same?

Preaching is merely declaring true facts about the person and work of Christ. That's not offering Christ but just stating facts in line with biblical revelation. Offering seems to be saying here, I'm offering you Christ now it's up to you to accept Him.

You write, "Men reject the Gospel simply because they don't believe it". Is this what you are trying to say: "Men [don't believe] the Gospel simply because they don't believe it"?

Correct when the truths of Christ and Grace are declared most men don't believe them For instance who Christ died for, His Sheep and not for the goats . Particular redemption. Do you believe that?